St. Louis fans and the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Before I start this, I will say this is not an attempt at starting the old L.A. vs. St. Louis flame war. And anyone who goes there sucks, no matter which city he's slamming. But I have faith most here are better than that.

That said... I'm kind of wondering where my St. Louis bros stand on the 49ers rivalry. For the L.A. area fans, it's pretty obvious where it came from... Northern Cal vs. Southern Cal. But just looking at the geography and cities involved, it would seem St. Louis fans would be more apt to form a rivalry with the Chiefs or Cowboys, or maybe the Cardinals for the new team vs. old team thing.

So, St. Louis fans, where do you stand on the 49ers? If you hate them as we do, why?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hate them because they're a division rival who talked smack about us during the 90s. All of that fucking bullshit. You don't talk smack about my team and get away with it. I hate their fucking fans as well.

Same with Seattle. Hate their fucking "12th man", hate their ugly ass uniforms, hate their fucking fans.

New England is the third team that I absolutely loathe with the burning passion of a million supernovas, and I don't think I need to explain why.

Couldn't care less about the Chiefs, I disdain the Cowboys, and the Cardinals barely elicit a reaction from me.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate them because they're a division rival who talked smack about us during the 90s. All of that freaking bullcrap. You don't talk smack about my team and get away with it. I hate their freaking fans as well.

Same with Seattle. Hate their freaking "12th man", hate their ugly ass uniforms, hate their freaking fans.

New England is the third team that I absolutely loathe with the burning passion of a million supernovas, and I don't think I need to explain why.

Couldn't care less about the Chiefs, I disdain the Cowboys, and the Cardinals barely elicit a reaction from me.
Right up there with you about the Patriots of course... for me, Niners are above Patriots on my hate list, and while Seattle is there, they're far below those two.

Cardinals I actually almost like (almost, they're still in our division after all)... I think the rivalry there is just dead because we haven't been good at the same time yet.

iced

When St.Louis inherited the team they inherited their rivals and history, imo. Niners will be forever hated

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Fuck the Whiners and their whole SOSAR. They beat up on the Rams for so long. I loved it when the GSOT smacked them in the mouth. I hate the colors and their Rice a Roni town. I loved it when the Rams beat the Whiners ass and they fired Singletary.

I hate the Chiefs. Bunch of mullet ass wearing inbreds. I would love for the Rams to play them twice a year. It would get violent. East side of the state vs the west. Most Rams fans, Chiefs fans, /Cardinals fans, Royals fans absolutely hate each other. Im not sure who I hate more Whiners or Chiefs.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I grew up a Rams fan in Ohio and now Georgia. I absolutely hate the 49ers. I promise you it has nothing to do with Geography.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Seattle is my arch nemesis, Niners right there. My favorite non-playoff game was beating them despite being down 3 possessions with 7 minuites to go, in Seattle. Bulger to Brandon Manmaneula ( However u spell that lol.)

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
I hate them because they're a division rival who talked smack about us during the 90s. All of that freaking bullcrap. You don't talk smack about my team and get away with it. I hate their freaking fans as well.

Same with Seattle. Hate their freaking "12th man", hate their ugly ass uniforms, hate their freaking fans.

"The burning Passion Of a billion suPernovas" That's pretty hot.

Boat Ram

Recovering Lurker
"I hate the Chiefs. Bunch of mullet ass wearing inbreds. I would love for the Rams to play them twice a year"

This made me lol.

Sorry, nothing productive to add to this conversation since I've always lived in Montana however.

I hate them, but probably for a different reason to most, I post on a general NFL forum (NFL UK) and 2 of the biggest dicks on there were 49ers fans, both are banned now but I hated them both. Same reason I hate the Bucs. Some of the best guys on there are Seahawks so it's tough hating them as much as I should...but I manage it.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
The coach of the San Fransisco 49ers is as unbearable a person as there is in sports. Can't stand him or his team (though I respect a lot of their players, especially on defense.)

That said, I "Get up" for the home against the Seahawks more than I do the Niners game. I think in general there is a bigger rivalry in St. Louis with the Seahawks than there is the Niners.

DeaconJ

Rookie
Hate is so under the radar.....it's more than hate. It is a loathing the likes of which even God hasn't seen. Apply the same to Carroll and the Seacocks!

DeaconJ

Rookie
Go Rams...got a fat bet riding on the +3.5 win! Wanna be rich as Kronke this season!

Oops....wrong thread....

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The San Fran hatred thing between Rams & Whiners also spills over from this incident between the Dodgers & Giants:
Possibly the most notorious incident between these two clubs occurred August 22, 1965. In a game at Candlestick Park, Giants pitcher Juan Marichal had hit two Dodgers batters with brushback throws. Dodgers pitcher Sandy Koufax disliked retaliation and only threw a very high pitch over the head of Willie Mays. When Marichal came up to bat later, Koufax apparently had no interest in retaliation directly against Marichal, but Marichal felt that Dodgers catcher Johnny Roseboro was interested, as he claimed Roseboro was returning Koufax's pitches dangerously close to Marichal's head and had clipped his ear with one throw after dropping the ball on the ground. Without saying a word, Marichal (#27) hit the Dodgers catcher on the head with his bat. A bench-clearing brawl ensued. Giants infielder Tito Fuentes (#26) also threatened to wield a bat, but did not use it. The fight was broken up by peacemakers Willie Mays of the Giants and Koufax of the Dodgers. Mays helped the badly bleeding (but not severely injured) Roseboro off the San Francisco field.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I have always hated the 9ers. Both as a St Louis Cardinal, and then Rams fan. The Cardinals I dislike for taking off.

I do wish we would switch with Oakland as I think that St Louis/KC rivalry would be one of the greatest in sports. Even a switch to the AFC South would bring us close division games in Indy and Tennessee. Who's got the money to fly to SF or Seattle? You could realistically go to 4 away games with some carefully placed vacation days.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I can't remember a day I din't dislike the 49'rs , When Montana came back from his neck injury ,I was STl. Cardinal fan,they played the 9r's I think might have been his first game back ,EJ Junior came on a blitz ,Montana got the ball away Junior held up and just wrapped him up to prevent the two of them going to the ground ,he then spreadd his arms and Montana fell ,maybe even flopped ,the refs called a bullshit roughing call for it and it eventuated in San Fran scoring and as I recall it was a game winning score when they should have been punting to a pretty good Cardinal team that should have won the game.
Yeah my dislike for the 49r's is LONG held , funny back when I was a Cards fan I never held any animosity for the Rams ,I admired several of their players Youngblood ,Rosie Grier,Lawrence McCutcheon ,Dickerson,Tyler, hell I even liked Farragomo,way better that that slug from the big 8 we drafted Steve Pis- arcowicz

rams2050

Starter
I would like it so much more if the Rams were in a division with KC, mainly because the travel to the West coast has to be a killer. And when the Rams have to travel 3 weeks in a row, as they will coming up, that is going to seriously mess with their mojo, if by then they have any mojo left, which I'm hoping they will have.

I despise the Whiners and Seasheeters, but I absolutely hate the Cheats.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
I don't hate the WHINNERS, I do want to rub there face mask in our turf, kick the hell out of the seat of their paints, jump up & down on there jersey. But I would never hate them..... they make such good crash dummies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nobody likes the term SOSAR, right?
Well, who do you think coined it?

Fuck those guys. Forever.