Sproles for Givens?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Saints are looking to deal Sproles so would you be up for a Givens for Sproles trade? We could use a back to catch the ball out of the backfield and a WR would then be a great draft option. Would that be an equitable swap?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No way! There is NOTHING Sproles offers at this point in his career that Tavon Austin can't do BETTER.

Sproles is a name on the decline.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Saints are looking to deal Sproles so would you be up for a Givens for Sproles trade? We could use a back to catch the ball out of the backfield and a WR would then be a great draft option. Would that be an equitable swap?
Neh. Sproles is getting (or has been) released anyway, so it's a moot point. And I wouldn't count out Givens just yet. He had an off year (sorta), but he's still a tremendous deep threat for this team. I do like Sproles, and I wouldn't say boo if the Rams decided to pick him up for depth. I just don't know if this team can afford a mult-million-dollar RB when they have two very good ones at the moment who have proven they can pound the rock.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'd of loved to have Sproles when he left the Ch the Chargers, now, not so much.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Really? Trade a player with upside for a player on the decline?

Absurd!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way! There is NOTHING Sproles offers at this point in his career that Tavon Austin can't do BETTER.

Sproles is a name on the decline.

Well, he can offer us the ability to have a HB that can catch the ball out of the back-field effectively and pick-up the blitz while still having Tavon on the field at WR.

Sadly, for Tavon, he can't play HB while also playing WR.

Plus, Tavon doesn't pass protect.

Sproles would be a solid pick-up for this team if he's cheap.

jap

Legend
Well, he can offer us the ability to have a HB that can catch the ball out of the back-field effectively and pick-up the blitz while still having Tavon on the field at WR.

Aren't these suppose to be Isaiah Pead skills? Is this young man ever going to come around and play a grown man's game or does he really want to go all the way to Bust City?

RAM$

UDFA
Pead man I don't want to give up on him yet, at least he is contributing on ST. If he straightens up and balls like he can during pre season I see him taking Benny's spot as the #2.

jap

Legend
Pead man I don't want to give up on him yet, at least he is contributing on ST. If he straightens up and balls like he can during pre season I see him taking Benny's spot as the #2.

I agree, but it's beyond time as to giving it the 'ole college try. Now we need a true professional effort from this highly talented young man who literally has to man up! this season. Among our Rb's, he's the best pass blocker, the best receiver out of the backfield not named Tavon, and is probably the most elusive back. He runs with more power than DRich and should see the field much more often.

Stop screwing around already and strut your stuff!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aren't these suppose to be Isaiah Pead skills? Is this young man ever going to come around and play a grown man's game or does he really want to go all the way to Bust City?

Pead hasn't shown a thing. Barely been able to get on the field. I wouldn't consider him much in my strategic planning for this off-season. So yea, for all intents and purposes, I think he's headed for Bust City.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I wouldn't consider Sproles, he clearly isn't a guy with much left for improvement at this phase and you would only be looking at a short term deal when I believe we have better places to invest that kind of money. If we are in need of RB talent, the draft can offer us a youthful option that probably pans out into a smarter move.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I'm quite happy to give our current stable of young running backs another year to develop.

If Pead continues to struggle, Stacy regresses and Cunningham and Richardson stagnate, then the Gurley 2015 campaign starts.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

His effectiveness as a pass catcher is deteriorating. If we need someone for blocking only there should be better options.

Alan

Legend
laramsoriginal cementing his "original" status:
Anyone else considering drafting RB Hyde with a 2nd round pick?
I can't speak for everyone but I think you're pretty much on your own island here. What are your thoughts behind wanting to draft a RB in the 2nd with all our other needs?