Spagnuolo plans to be with the Rams in 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I listened to that on the drive home from the Dome.

He sounded disappointed, sure, but not like he was going to leave.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Doesn't sound like he was given any pink slip.

3 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - Spagnuolo sounds like a returning coach
Coach Steve Spagnuolo didn’t sound like a coach on his way out following Sunday’s 34-27 loss to San Francisco, which left the Rams with a season-ending record of 2-14. “[hil]The only downside of this, other than the loss, is you’ve got to wait eight months to play again[/hil],” said Spagnuolo, who is 10-38 in three seasons as head coach.
Bernie Miklasz
@miklasz Bernie Miklasz
"When you’re going to build something, it’s good to have the right people. We’ve got a lot of the right people" -- Spags, Jan 1, 2012.

Lesson

Oh, really?
DR RAM said:
X said:
Doesn't sound like he was given any pink slip.

3 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - Spagnuolo sounds like a returning coach
Coach Steve Spagnuolo didn’t sound like a coach on his way out following Sunday’s 34-27 loss to San Francisco, which left the Rams with a season-ending record of 2-14. “[hil]The only downside of this, other than the loss, is you’ve got to wait eight months to play again[/hil],” said Spagnuolo, who is 10-38 in three seasons as head coach.
Bernie Miklasz
@miklasz Bernie Miklasz
"When you’re going to build something, it’s good to have the right people. We’ve got a lot of the right people" -- Spags, Jan 1, 2012.

I don't see anything different than that comment?

I also heard that on the radio. I think he meant it as building a team, not a rebuild.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
19 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - DE Long committed to 'never feel like this again'
DE Chris Long on not wanting to endure another losing season: “Whoever’s here next year -- and I’m talking about players -- we all need to make a commitment to never feel like this again."

Eat that RRF bitch!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
5 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - Spagnuolo: Rams have 'rock-solid foundation'
Coach Steve Spagnuolo praised the “character and fight” of his players and said the Rams do have a nucleus of talent to build around. “To build anything, the base has to have a rock-solid foundation and that’s there," he said. "[hil]We’ve got to wait eight months to play a game, but I’m glad that’s there[/hil].”

WTF is going on here? Someone's teasing the shit out of me right now, and it ain't my wife.

Lesson

Oh, really?
DR RAM said:
19 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - DE Long committed to 'never feel like this again'
DE Chris Long on not wanting to endure another losing season: “Whoever’s here next year -- and I’m talking about players -- we all need to make a commitment to never feel like this again."

Eat that RRF bitch!

?

Long knows as much as any other player on the Rams about the future of Billy and Spags. Which is nothing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
DR RAM said:

Eat that RRF bitch!

?

Long knows as much as any other player on the Rams about the future of Billy and Spags. Which is nothing.
How do you know that? I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but we don't know what they know. Or don't know. You know?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lesson said:
DR RAM said:

Eat that RRF bitch!

?

Insider...he's not a poster here any longer, but I bet he's peeping.... Reference to words he put in Long's mouth in one of his obsessive paranoid rants.

Further...Long is holding his teammates accountable that's all.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
DR RAM said:

Eat that RRF bitch!

?

How do you know that? I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but we don't know what they know. Or don't know. You know?

You do have a point there. But think of it this way.

Why would Kroenke or Demoff or whoever has more power than Devaney tell the players about what lies in the future for the coaching staff?

Not saying that they have or haven't, but why would they tell Long?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lesson said:
X said:
Lesson said:
DR RAM said:

Eat that RRF bitch!

?

Why would Kroenke or Demoff or whoever has more power than Devaney tell the players about what lies in the future for the coaching staff?

They wouldn't.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I want a change @ OC. Get better weapons. Norv Turner would be perfect.

Spags, man I hope he stays. This team plays hard despite injuries. They aren't Tampa Bay bad. 42-7...in the 1st half!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lesson said:
X said:
Lesson said:
DR RAM said:

Eat that RRF bitch!

?

Well it could mean that Spags wasn't told he was gone before the game so he could say his goodbyes. Unless Long is just trying to keep things under wraps till it is official. It could really go either way, maybe he doesn't know.

I wouldn't be shocked to see tomorrow come and go without Spags being fired though. Maybe that's just me hoping.

Anonymous

No one knows. Just heard Balzer say that there were players defending Spags and those that were not after this game. I hope a ecision is made quick by SK.....either way. Same for the dome lease.

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
No one knows. Just heard Balzer say that there were players defending Spags and those that were not after this game. I hope a ecision is made quick by SK.....either way. Same for the dome lease.

The coaching choice needs to be made tomorrow in my opinion. The longer you wait the worse it is. Tomorrow he should come out and either say that he is staying or he is going.

It's good to see players defending him, I think that is important. However it's hard to say how good that does, it certainly didn't save Jim Haslett.

I really think that Spags can win though. I'd rather he stay and Billy D. goes than Spags goes. I'd like them both to stay if a good President/Football Guru can come in and guide them with personnel decisions/drafting/etc.... That means no Shaw obviously.

If SK waits more than 24 hours to announce what he's doing, I feel he is making a mistake.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't have a problem with Devaney going.

I like how he talks to the fans, public, etc., but his drafts haven't been as good as they should be considering where the Rams picked.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:

The coaching choice needs to be made tomorrow in my opinion. The longer you wait the worse it is. Tomorrow he should come out and either say that he is staying or he is going.

It's good to see players defending him, I think that is important. However it's hard to say how good that does, it certainly didn't save Jim Haslett.

I really think that Spags can win though. I'd rather he stay and Billy D. goes than Spags goes. I'd like them both to stay if a good President/Football Guru can come in and guide them with personnel decisions/drafting/etc.... That means no Shaw obviously.

If SK waits more than 24 hours to announce what he's doing, I feel he is making a mistake.

If it's not Spags then it should be announced immediately. If it is Spags then the vote of confidence must be overt on the order of a multi-year contract extension.

Anonymous

Lesson said:
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't have a problem with Devaney going.

I like how he talks to the fans, public, etc., but his drafts haven't been as good as they should be considering where the Rams picked.

I agree.

steferfootball

Starter
squeaky wheel said:
No one knows. Just heard Balzer say that there were players defending Spags and those that were not after this game.
Could you reword the bolded part? I'm interested, and you were typing a little fast. :D

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'll leave it at this with Devaney.

For this who want to blame Spags for the roster decisions, Devaney gave him that power.

Devaney also supplies the players for Spags to be on the team.

Spags doesn't sign or draft guys.