Spagnuolo plans to be with the Rams in 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Posted by Mike Florio on December 31, 2011, 10:31 PM EST
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/spagnuolo-plans-to-be-with-the-rams-in-2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-in-2012/</a>

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo could soon be fired. But while they may be able to take his body out of St. Louis, there’s one fairly important part that will be left behind.

Asked by Anthony Gargano of FOX Sports Radio regarding where Spagnuolo will be in 2012, he said “the St. Louis Rams,” without hesitation.

“That’s where my heart is,” Spagnuolo added. “That’s where my dedication is, and drive. You know, when I came here, this was never about me. . . . I was very blessed to share an experience in New York where we won a Super Bowl and have that ring that everybody’s shooting for. I came here in hopes that the people here would be able to experience that. So what drives me is being able to bring that for other people, and we hope to continue to do that.”

Spagnuolo described the 2011 season in St. Louis as a “bump along the road, or a bunch of bumps.” It remains widely believed that Spagnuolo will bumped off after Sunday, even though John Czarnecki of FOXSports.com has suggested that Spagnuolo could stay and G.M. Billy Devaney could go. In the end, both could go.

And perhaps Spagnuolo will then have that chance to help people in another city experience a Super Bowl victory.

Maybe, unlike St. Louis, a city that has never experienced that.

Maybe, you know, Philadelphia.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:
Who is John Czarnecki? Is he reliable?
It's just his opinion. I mean, he's a Consultant for FOX NFL Sunday, but in the end, anything he says or speculates on is just his opinion.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
What else would you expect Spags to say, in this situation?

"I plan to have my ass handed to me on black Monday" is kind of bad for morale.

I'm really on the fence about this whole thing; and whatever happens, the outcome won't surprise me. I can see plenty validity in both keeping him and firing him.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

MNY.jpg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
HeiseNBerg said:

I'm really on the fence about this whole thing; and whatever happens, the outcome won't surprise me. I can see plenty validity in both keeping him and firing him.

MNY.jpg

Exactly where I was headed but you covered it to the tee!
I'm honestly on the fence for Spags as well if this were a fantasy situation I'd like to see him stick around given some much appreciated cap space and projected great draft position plus the return of our playmakers. This includes McD and Lloyd back as well.

Anonymous

John Czarnecki is an old, long ago beat writer for the Rams in LA (though I don't think it was for the Times).

Most of the guys getting west coast leaks are getting them from Shaw and/or his associates. Shaw is an old leaker from way back. He may be active again.

Who knows what Czarnecki knows or if he is purely speculating.

It's actually reasonable to think Spags could be back; very little that actually went wrong this year is his fault, and he has shown qualities as a Rams head coach that only Vermeil has ever equalled.

But, then again, SK could just want his own people and could care less about the explanations.

Anonymous

BatteringRambo said:
HeiseNBerg said:

MNY.jpg

Exactly where I was headed but you covered it to the tee!
I'm honestly on the fence for Spags as well if this were a fantasy situation I'd like to see him stick around given some much appreciated cap space and projected great draft position plus the return of our playmakers. This includes McD and Lloyd back as well.

I don't care if Spags stays.....as long as the drafting improves greatly. That said I'd do cartwheels if Fisher was signed as the new HC. Need to have Spags situation settled soon so I hope SK decides soon and communicates same to the fans.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
Spags is gone. I think it is the wrong move, but it is what it is. :boohoo:
Yep. Nothing we can do, but he's a classy sumbitch. Hope he has a very long and successful career.

Here, or anywhere else he goes.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
For some reason spags didn't look the same today maybe Stan told him already ?

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
These guys never quit, and I for one am behind Spags all the way.

GO RAMS!!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BuiltRamTough said:
I kind of had that feeling myself.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
BuiltRamTough said:

I hope not, unless they have a good replacement. I don't want a fire and the look for someone. I want a fire and hire if that happens. But I don't want it to happen.... Seems like it would be in bad taste to tell a coach before he coaches, unless it was a "win or you're fired" thing... Either way, we will find out tomorrow probably.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:
BuiltRamTough said:

I hope not, unless they have a good replacement. I don't want a fire and the look for someone. I want a fire and hire if that happens. But I don't want it to happen.... Seems like it would be in bad taste to tell a coach before he coaches, unless it was a "win or you're fired" thing... Either way, we will find out tomorrow probably.
It could have been a classy act...say your goodbyes thing. Who knows, but I agree, if you fire Spags, please have a plan lined up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Doesn't sound like he was given any pink slip.

3 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - Spagnuolo sounds like a returning coach
Coach Steve Spagnuolo didn’t sound like a coach on his way out following Sunday’s 34-27 loss to San Francisco, which left the Rams with a season-ending record of 2-14. “[hil]The only downside of this, other than the loss, is you’ve got to wait eight months to play again[/hil],” said Spagnuolo, who is 10-38 in three seasons as head coach.