Sources say Finnegan is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Lesson said:
X said:
Finnegan + Fletcher + Murphy + Claiborne + Mikell + Stewart + Gordy = Sick.

FTFY

Is this lucky flat bill visor Rams cap with tags still attached language? Please translate for us oldtimers, Lesson? :rofl:

steferfootball

Starter
Bleh. Not a fan. We are about to sign the biggest tool in the league.

Hopefully Larry Fitzgerald won't pull an Andre Johnson on him. :lmao:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
smram said:
You can break Jones when it happens too and I'll break Eric Winston :ww:

Then we can go after weapons in the draft..... Please?

superfan24

Starter
I'm getting really excited now especially if we get Jones. Fill up two holes on an already really solid D in a 24 hours is awesome.
I had this feeling last year though so punch me now. :box:
GO RAMS

superfan24

Starter
So is Finnegan a better CB than Bartell was when healthy? I know he likes to get in the face of WR's, but not sure of his pure CB ability. If so I'm stoked. This is hella fun Ram bros!!!!!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
superfan24 said:
So is Finnegan a better CB than Bartell was when healthy? I know he likes to get in the face of WR's, but not sure of his pure CB ability. If so I'm stoked. This is hella fun Ram bros!!!!!!

Just the physical part of it...Bartell held his own w/ Fitz. Finnegan w/ Andre. And Wayne.

@ least he's healthy and one less thing to worry about in the early part of the draft.

Anonymous

Jason Cole ‏ @JasonColeYahoo
Finnegan has agreed to 5-yr, $50 mill deal with Rams.
Jason Cole ‏ @JasonColeYahoo
Deal includes $26.5 mill guar, $33 mill in first 3.

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven
Can you imagine Finnegan in a bounty system?? I can see him taking it way too literally and going for armbars or kimuras :lmao:

Even with his hot temper I like this signing. I hope he beats Randy Moss up (figuratively) and makes him regret ever signing the dotted line with the Whiners.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Now it's a party :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
superfan24 said:

Id say he has better ball skills than Bartell.

Anonymous

JdashSTL said:
superfan24 said:

Well, to the tune of 3 INTs in the last 2 years. Bartell might be better suited to cover the NFC West style bigger receivers (Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Rice). But Finnegan is scrappy and a battler. Sometimes literally.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUWCz-I0mC8[/youtube]

Here he is mic'd up...I hope some of him rubs off on Murphy(no homo.) Our D will be nasty.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
zn said:
JdashSTL said:
superfan24 said:

Well, to the tune of 3 INTs in the last 2 years. Bartell might be better suited to cover the NFC West style bigger receivers (Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Rice). But Finnegan is scrappy and a battler. Sometimes literally.

And I really like the presence Finnegan brings to this D. I thought Brandon Carr was the best CB on the market, especially factoring in his age, but Finnegan made the most sense for us. He had 10 INTs in 08 and 09, Fishers last 2 seasons in Tennessee. I also think he has cleaned up on his on-field tactics. I dont think hes gotten in trouble since the fight with Andre Johnson.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
JdashSTL said:
From Pro Football Focus:

The top CB on the market Finnegan stopped with the nuisance nonsense in 2011, and actually just covered people. And he did it rather well. Our third ranked cornerback on the year, he stepped up by playing the slot in nickel and remains one of the better defensive backs in the run game.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20 ... -1-031312/
I've always liked Fletcher for his run game defense so to have two cb's that can play the run well, hell yeah!

Anonymous

JdashSTL said:
zn said:
JdashSTL said:
superfan24 said:

And I really like the presence Finnegan brings to this D. I thought Brandon Carr was the best CB on the market, especially factoring in his age, but Finnegan made the most sense for us. He had 10 INTs in 08 and 09, Fishers last 2 seasons in Tennessee. I also think he has cleaned up on his on-field tactics. I dont think hes gotten in trouble since the fight with Andre Johnson.

I dunno. I think it;s a lateral move to get Fisher's own guy in there. I don't think it's marked improvement over Bartell, unless of course you just count the gain from him knowing the D and knowing Fisher.