Sorry Brothers, Patience To Be Required

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I am FREAKING TIRED of patience

I have been patient for 10 years.

I want to win. If winning means not signing FA, then fine. But I am sick of losing

A55VA6

Legend
It's hard to be patient with this team because we have been in a spot for maybe 3 years where people say "watch out for the Rams this season" and nothing ever changes.

I want to see at least 1 or 2 good moves in FA. Don't spend too much, but don't be afraid to go after a guy you feel could really help the team..

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can't say there will be no big FA acquisitions, you don't know that. For all you know we go after and sign Cobb.

FA is not about headlines, it's about signing players to improve your team. Sure there are FA busts just like there are draft busts - we've had a few in the past few years - but there are several examples of FA working out as well. This team needs to make a few moves in FA just as bad as they need to have a good draft.

While I appreciate your perspective, long term financial decisions will be the order of the day. There will be several of our own to re-sign the next couple years and as this team succeeds, they will get extensions before their contracts expire and FAs will become cheaper and better quality as a handful will choose to play for a contender. Unfortunately, that's a hard sell for us until the QB position stabilizes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want the Rams to spend a lot in FA. Look for the bargain mid tier signings and capitalize. Two guys I like who fall in that category are Justin Blalock and Rob Sims. Either one would give us a bridge player at OG and help our interior OL depth.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There's patience and then theres us virtuous Rams fans. I like others think the Mark Barron signing was a good one, and I'd like to re-sign Barks, Britt and Kendricks but I'd really like to pick up a durable O-lineman this year - I loved the Long signing, it just was battered by the injury bug...

Maybe Pick up a Centre, I think Hudson is going to be too pricey, I'd think about Brian De La Puente and focus on OGs in the draft

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going into the draft with the current OL would be madness. Fish is smarter than that, there will be one FA addition maybe two.

Then the position will be drafted. I think we can bank on those two things.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think asking a Rams fan to be patient is like asking Kim Kardashian to be slutty. Been going on for a decade, why stop now?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ok - so let's talk low hanging fruit. Who are some guys who could help this team who won't break the bank?

How about we give model citizen Ray McDonald a look? He isn't going to be charged criminally .... Again.

Too big of a turdball even without criminal charges? He may have a little extra fire in his britches for 9er week.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok - so let's talk low hanging fruit. Who are some guys who could help this team who won't break the bank?

How about we give model citizen Ray McDonald a look? He isn't going to be charged criminally .... Again.

Too big of a turdball even without criminal charges? He may have a little extra fire in his britches for 9er week.

Please, no. Would disrupt what is excellent chemistry on DL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think asking a Rams fan to be patient is like asking Kim Kardashian to be slutty. Been going on for a decade, why stop now?

Can every Rams fans' patience be rewarded with slutty Kim Kardashian? I feel like that's a fair reward after a decade. And for all of you married Rams fans that can't partake, I'll take the bullet and take your turns as well. ;)

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I see this stuff about WRs , RBs whatever else in FA...I don't want to see or hear about anybody in FA or the draft until something is done to address the holes in the OL...None of the rest of it matters one iota IMO unless they shore up the OL first...

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams cannot afford to not get at least 2 OL in free agency and draft 3 more OL. Wells and Joseph are not an option and Barksdale either may be gone but he really needs to be a backup since his pass protection was not very good last year. If the Rams keep this slow play going pretty soon their veterans are going to be retiring and they will be right back we they started.
Plus if the Rams don't get Bradford a decent OL this year he will walk next year to a team that is willing to do what it take to get a good OL.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

And waiting for them to win another superbowl is like leaving the porch light on for Jimmy Hoffa? :whistle:

For those who think we should make a splash, I don't see it happening. I think this will be a similar season to Fisher's first 3. I also think his job is safe. Kroenke knows there's a lot more going on besides trying to win games. The distractions from a possible move and the likely decreased attendance due to that, might make it tough for the players to be playing in front of an apathetic crowd. Or maybe even angry crowd.

With that all said, if they want to compete they really need to do something with the offensive line. They have a couple players to start with in Robinson and Saffold. But they need a guard and center in the worst way. And a right tackle of they can't sign Barksdale. Bradford could stay healthy all year but it won't do any good if they can't run and give him time to throw. They don't need to break the bank. And considering how bad Wells and Joseph were, an upgrade wouldn't take much.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
The Rams might or might not make a SPLASHY signing, but this Rams FO does spend literally every cap $$ at it's disposal every year. Well, so... they already cut Langford. We **know** ("...according to sources...", so, whatever...) that they are trying to restructure Bradford. And while they haven't cut either JLong of Wells yet, perhaps the only thing that keeps them from being cut is that they are under contract and the Rams haven't found a replacement yet.

Signing Barksdale, Kendricks, Britt and McLeod to **reasonable** contracts is first order of business (did I miss anyone?). If they lose Barksdale, then they might decide to keep JLong and perhaps restructure his contract too. If they keep Wells, I'll pack the Rams off to L.A. myself.

But even if, then they would still have that Langford cap money and potentially JLong and Bradford cap money, and you can be certain they'll find some way to spend it. I was shocked and awe'd when they originally signed JLong, so I kinda imagine there will be at least one of those signings this off-season. Imagining Barksdale + Rodney Hudson or Orlando Franklin, which would still leave us plenty left over.

I'm also kinda expecting at least a few interesting "one year prover" deals, like we did with Britt, Joseph and Carrington where one of those worked out, one hurt the team all year long, one was just meh.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
“@Eric_Edholm: League source last night predicted that two of the FAs who could be signed fastest are centers: Rodney Hudson and Stefen Wisniewski. Big $$.”