Some post game reflections I’d like to share…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
We absolutely have to sign Ernest Jones to a long-term contract. He has been so underrated for so long, and we are going to sorely regret it if we don't. We'll have the cap space after this year, so it makes even more sense to do it.
Yeah let's not do a Fletcher on Ernest.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Love this thread. We do need an EDGE upgrade but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised as the season goes on with the development of what we have now.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I think Akers will continue to struggle with the committee approach. Not because I think he needs more touches, but because of how he’s getting them. It was obvious to me, you, and everyone who watched that when Akers was in, it was almost certainly a run or a short pass. When Williams was in, deeper passes. This is why the box was loaded.

The reports all off-season was how good Williams looked in the passing game. It’s almost like the Seahawks read those reports and planned accordingly. It makes it predictable and will eventually bite us in the ass.

This has always been why I’ve hated committee approaches UNLESS both backs are different types of runners but are both effective in the passing game.

dang

Legend
Great post, @Rams43

So much of what we saw seems sustainable.. lots of great stuff.

But.

I think the edge situation is a major issue. Young is doing pretty well and has so much energy and speed. I had compared him to Ebukam and believed he would be a couple of years ahead of Samson's NFL development and that's what I saw.
But Hoecht isn't good.
They should be calling Dunlap AND Van Noy today.. because this season seems like it could be much better than expected.. and that's the team's glaring weakness.
I’ve had my eye on VanNoy. They will need to add someone at Edge and maybe NT this year if they feel a playoff run is in reach. But I feel a stud next year via trade or FA was their Plan A.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I’ve had my eye on VanNoy. They will need to add someone at Edge and maybe NT this year if they feel a playoff run is in reach. But I feel a stud next year via trade or FA was their Plan A.
I'd definitely like the idea of adding Kyle Van Noy opposite of B Young

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
 The Rams brass has stated that Young has impressed, but he still has quite a ways to go to fulfill his potential. I hope to see him begin to come into his own by the see second half of this season.
I saw Young run over two Seahawk pass protectors on one play. He looks good

oldnotdead

Legend
Hoecht was playing as a WIL who defends the short zone. I assume Shelley didn't play because he was too new. I would expect to see him on the field against the Niners. The assignments will change as the season goes on and players get coached up on their roles. If they wanted a coverage LB ideally you would want Hampton with his size and speed. I think Hampton will be playing that WIL or SAM role.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I bleed blue and white/gold but I think the she hawks losing two starters on the O-line is why the Rams dominated the pigeons in the second half.

Hoping for the best but dang it's been a while since we beat the whiners in the regular season and they'll be a tough game for sure.

I hope the Rams put out some physicality and punch the whiners in the mouth. This game will be for sole possession of the NFC west lead. Would feel better if Kupp was playing. Puka Nacua looks almost like another Kupp but I'm sure the whiners will try to take him away.