Some "inside" perspective of Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will say this, none of us really know. Having been in a different situation and seeing a QB up close that I thought was a "turd" but all the fans of the team he's on think he's a classy great guy. I've never met Sam, never been around him so I have no idea and I won't pass judgement on either guy(Sterling or Sam).

I have also been in the position to get to know another QB that some people said wasn't a nice guy or friendly and it was the opposite. He was a really good guy and always was respectful and kind to me. So, you truly don't know unless you are around these guys personally often and meet them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is kinda off topic but I was thinking about Carson Palmer after the Cardinal loss a while ago and how he was pretty good at QB before he had his knee torn up. After that knee injury, he was never the same. What's the difference between what happened to him and Bradford? Many are expecting Bradford to come back and play just as well, if not better, than before. Why did it derail Palmer so much and why won't it do the same to Bradford?

FWIW, Palmer tore his knee up badly in that playoff game. He tore his ACL, MCL, Meniscus and had other damage done as well. However, he came back from that injury that occurred in the 2005 playoffs and threw for 4000+ yards, 28 TDs and 13 Ints in 2006(the next year). What actually seemed to set him back was tearing up his elbow on his throwing arm in 2008. Elected not to get Tommy John surgery. Instead, he let it heal on its own.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Rarely does personality matter if it's within reason. If you're a real extreme example, then maybe it becomes a problem but if teammates can co-exist and succeed with a prima donna like Favre then I think whatever Bradford may or may not be is a non issue.

From everything I've read and seen, he's a good guy. And just like internet trolls want, this guy has generated a lot of hits and discussion for himself so IMO, his mission is accomplished.

moklerman

Warner-phile
FWIW, Palmer tore his knee up badly in that playoff game. He tore his ACL, MCL, Meniscus and had other damage done as well. However, he came back from that injury that occurred in the 2005 playoffs and threw for 4000+ yards, 28 TDs and 13 Ints in 2006(the next year). What actually seemed to set him back was tearing up his elbow on his throwing arm in 2008. Elected not to get Tommy John surgery. Instead, he let it heal on its own.
Jeez, it's like you're not even reading my posts. :( ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this is Chris Long, who's Rob Snyder?

hqdefault.jpg

X? "YOU CAN DO IT, ALL NIGHT LOOOOOONG!"

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It was pretty much Bernie using his column to bash Bradford for not being the type of person that Bernie wants him to be.

It was low.
I view Bernie as a backwards whale. Everything that comes out of his "mouth" is the lowest of feces fed upon by the deepest of sea maggots.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I would have been a lot happier with Tyler's posts if he knew the difference between infer and imply...and didn't continue to get it wrong even after Kent corrected him.

But, grammatical errors aside, I think he called Kent on his article pretty well. I mean, Bradford doesn't lead the Rams on the plane? What players feel personally doesn't matter in the context of whether or not he's a good leader? What is this guy even talking about?

Said he never said Bradford wasn't a good person but he called him a turd.

Yep, I know just how much I'll anxiously be awaiting the next op-ed piece by this guy.

RFIP

Yes, it's as I thought. Some asshole with an ax to grind and in the process he tries to take down a good guy. Dude is a scum bag and needs kicked in the balls.

Cory

UDFA
The 2012 season I went to the Rams game in Tampa, sat right behind our bench. At that time I was a Sam hater! I never wanted the guy in the first place. I left that game a Sam Bradford fan. He rallied the offense 2 times on the sideline that game, picked up our receivers numerous times when they were upset over mistakes they made, and was constant all game at encouraging our o-line. I saw what I needed to see from a leadership standpoint that day.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Everything I've seen or heard from the team, from the NFLS wired up (or mike'd up or whatever its called) shows Sam to be a real good guy. He's not a natural leader. He might be a natural introvert actually and that can be quite unusual in a group of a testosterone fuelled jocks - so he comes across as a bit different - but I think from what I can see he has won the respect of his teammates with his work ethic, his toughness and his pure ability. Chris Long said he thought of Sam as the leader of the team, that he's the first in and last out of Rams Park and he gets voted captain by his teammates every year. Perhaps he doesn't "play the game" with the media which makes some guys rag on him if he doesn't kiss their ass as often as he should and he is a bit of an easy target because he doesn't have the numbers or success that a 1 overall pick franchise QB should have at this point in time. I will say that I met him once briefly (on that same London trip) and he seemed a real down to earth guy - very humble, not going out with bo bo's or whatever the hell they are and I instinctively liked him from a first impression point of view.

RE: the knee injury. Its obviously a worry. No one knows how he will recover. Its the knee that he will use to step into throw with. If its weak, or if he doesn't show confidence in it to step up into it under pressure and deliver a laser, then his throwing motion, power and accuracy will not be as strong. Hopefully he works hard, gets his leg AND his mind strong and the ligamentization process happens quickly. I hope as well he doesn't rush himself back a la RGME too early.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Even though it's the same type of injury, I still don't think RGIII is a good comparison. Too much of RGIII's game depends on the threat of him running and with him losing whatever step he did, everything else down the line suffered. Bradford's game isn't anything like that and he didn't injure the knee in the act of throwing or with "dirty feet". Maybe it's just the fact that a knee is injured is what can make a QB hesitant but I think it has more to do with the circumstances of how it was injured as to how the mental side is affected. If you injure it running or cutting or something like that, I think that's the fear you have to get over. If you injure it while stepping up in the pocket and someone crashes your leg, then I think your pocket presence would be affected. In that regard I've remained optimistic because Bradford's injury was such a relatively unusual and freakish situation that I don't think there will be any mental hangups. He's come back from long rehabs and various injuries so I'm just not concerned about his mental state.

RFIP

Not to mention; it was bob cubed 2nd ACL to same knee, and he had multiple ligaments torn too.

All of that said, Sam "should" be able to at least be throwing some by May and I expect close to full participation by camp. To me he needs to play in a few PS games to make sure he is comfortable with it. Luckily he's always worn the brace so that will be old hat.

He'll be fine soon enough, just hope its sooner rather than later, which I believe it will be.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
FWIW...

I was in STL this past weekend. By brother in laws have been ragging every Rams QB's since Warner. They are a typical "blame crowd" fan. Even they like Sam. They want to see a whole season from him with the dynamics finally in place.

They also hear good things in the community too.

RFIP

FWIW...

I was in STL this past weekend. By brother in laws have been ragging every Rams QB's since Warner. They are a typical "blame crowd" fan. Even they like Sam. They want to see a whole season from him with the dynamics finally in place.

They also hear good things in the community too.

Sounds like what most of us have heard about Sam for 4 years. Thanks.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Some guys will suck a D>>k to get on the radio or in print...But this guy took the low road and just made shyte up.
Welcome to today's world of media. If you ain't willing to sell your soul than you ain't worth a damn.

I'm sure Sam see's through it and simply has decided not to participate in it, or only participate within his own terms. That sort of posture will get a guy attacked, because guys that don't play the "game" are outsiders, and outsiders are dangerous to have around when the insiders have the microphone & camera in their hands. I think Sam is smart enough not to play this game if he didn't know that players/mgmt/ownership had his back. The staff know what Sam really is, and that's obviously all he cares about. If I was wrong, we'd hear other stuff, in the same vein, leaking out from multiple other sources.

Name
JP
If you didn't here what he said yesterday, here it is.

Guy called Bradford a turd, and now he's basically admitting now he has no evidence to support his claims. What a joke this guy is.

If @KentSterling is correct about Bradford - where are other reports of this? If players feel negatively towards SB, nows the time to talk.

— Tyler Bishop (@TylerBishop) December 30, 2013
@TylerBishop I don't know that his teammates dislike him. Never said that. They might love him, but he won't lead them to success.

— Kent Sterling (@KentSterling) December 30, 2013
@KentSterling That was certainly what you inferred, and was the premise for why you believed he wasn't "the guy".

— Tyler Bishop (@TylerBishop) December 30, 2013
@TylerBishop You inferred that. And I implied nothing. I stated he is not a leader. Never said he was unpopular.

— Kent Sterling (@KentSterling) December 30, 2013
@KentSterling you said he was a "turd" and inferred it made him a bad leader. Truth is players and coaches dont feel that way. #storyline

— Tyler Bishop (@TylerBishop) December 31, 2013
@TylerBishop What players feel personally is irrelevant. Do they win for him? He is not a leader - on the plane, sideline. or lobby.

— Kent Sterling (@KentSterling) December 31, 2013
@KentSterling its your opinion, but no facts support it. Maybe we just need him to have a more compelling storyline. Ladies?

— Tyler Bishop (@TylerBishop) December 31, 2013

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fuck that dude. I personally, don't think Sam is ever going to live up to his draft position, but I think he definitely a leader. I think that shows by the players respect for him and seemingly unwavering support of him.