Some "inside" perspective of Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kent Sterling Talks Football on Grady & Big Joe Show (ESPN 1070 The Fan)

And no, Kent Sterling isn't "anti-Bradford." I, personally, think this is just an opinion based on a few chance encounters, so I don't give it a whole lot of weight right now. Bradford isn't really that kinda "rah rah, in your face" guy. That said, I have some video of him in 2010, and he's very animated. Running to congratulate players, very vocal on the sideline, studious, etc.

Anyway. To show that Sterling isn't bias, here's his latest article on the RG3-10 trade.

--------------------------

Washington Redskins Collapse Could Make RG3 Trade Best in NFL History for St. Louis Rams

Written on December 30, 2013 by kentsterling

The 2011 St. Louis Rams were terrible. They finished 2-14 with an oddly dominant win over the New Orleans Saints and a 13-12 squeaker in Cleveland. As a result, they earned the #2 overall pick just behind the equally horrific Indianapolis Colts.

The Colts were committed to Andrew Luck, and with Sam Bradford in place as the quarterback in St. Louis, the Rams had no use for Robert Griffin III. They traded that pick to the Redskins for the #6 and 39th pick in 2012, and first rounders in 2013 and 2014. The 2013 first round selection was the 22nd overall, and now we know that the first rounder in the upcoming draft will be the #2 pick.

Click here to follow Kent on Twitter

The Rams traded the #6 pick to the Dallas Cowboys for the #14 and #45 picks. That #45 pick was sent to the Bears for the #50 and #150 picks.

Okay, the Rams turned the #2 pick into DT Michael Brockers, CB Janoris Jenkins, RB Isaiah Pead, and G Rokevious Watkins as their compensation in the 2012 draft.

Last year, the Rams spun the #22 pick from Washington (along with a 2015 seventh rounder from New England) to the Atlanta Falcons for the #30, #92, and #198 picks. OLB Alec Ogletree was taken at #30 and WR Stedman Bailey (#92) were taken with two of those picks. The #198 was packaged with the Rams own sixth rounder for the Texans fifth round pick which was used to take RB Zac Stacy.

So, going into the 2014 draft, the Rams have reaped the following bounty for the pick used to select RG3:

• Michael Brockers – starting DT – 5.5 sacks in 2013
  • Isaiah Pead – So far a bust; now returning kickoffs
  • Janoris Jenkins – Starting CB with four picks for a TD as a rookie in 2012
  • Rok Watkins – Gone to KC
  • Alec Ogletree – Led Rams with 95 tackles as a rookie in 2013
  • Stedman Bailey – Had two starts at end of rookie season; averaged three catches last five games of rookie season
  • Zac Stacy – Started last 12 games and totaled 973 yards rushing; four 100 yard rushing games.
Plus, the Rams start all over again with the same exact pick they traded in 2012 that they turned into five starters. The Rams also have their own pick at #13.

Trading down from a #2 that might yield OT Jake Matthews, QB Derek Carr, DE Jadeveon Clowney, or one of another half dozen players who might get hot at the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine, and the Rams could reap a similar bounty of picks. If they are as shrewd this time around, they could net another five starters. That would be a total of 10 starters for the pick that allowed the Redskins to choose RG3.

The most lopsided trade in NFL history is currently the Herschel Walker deal that sent Walker and four draft picks from Dallas to Minnesota for five players and seven draft picks that included Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Alvin Harper, Dixon Edwards, and through another trade using assets from the Walker deal – Russell Maryland.

Walker never ran for 1,000 yards in Minnesota, nor did he win a playoff game there. The Cowboys won three Super Bowls in four seasons with a nucleus gained in the trade.

A close second was the trade that sent the draft rights of John Elway to Denver for Mark Hermann, Chris Hinton, and Ron Solt.

If the Rams get lucky again, they could find a path to making this trade continue to reap dividends in perpetuity.

The Rams have been the youngest team in the NFL for the past two seasons, and given the opportunity for a minimum of the #2 and #13 picks in the May draft, they aren’t likely to get older anytime soon. Oddly, the Rams have either earned or acquired the #2 pick four times in the last seven NFL Drafts, and have not enjoyed a winning season since 2003.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Calling someone on the radio "a turd of a man" is classless.

OhioRam

Rookie
This is bullcrap how many times have I read about Sam staying over to work with These Wr's and didn't he even have them at his camp this offseason?

RFIP

He calls Sam a "turd" and someone who hangs out with "Bo bo's" and disconnected from the rest of his team?

Total garbage. I've seen more than enough of this guy away from the field to no better than listen to some jackass who obviously have an ax to grind.

Sorry, not buying this.

Can someone be this phony, I ask you?

RFIP

Let's see, do we have video evidence of Sam and his interaction with team mates?

duckhunter

Starter
Oh my. The injustice.

Gird your loins, because we'll probably see more of this before Sam gets us to the promise land.

RFIP

Oh my. The injustice.

Gird your loins, because we'll probably see more of this before Sam gets us to the promise land.

What I await is Sam's response to this and more importantly, his team mates repose.
Make no mistake, this WILL get back to 1 Rams way so we shall see what shoe drops next.

duckhunter

Starter
What I await is Sam's response to this and more importantly, his team mates repose.
Make no mistake, this WILL get back to 1 Rams way so we shall see what shoe drops next.

When you're in the lights, best not to say anything. If you answer one, you'll then get a steady stream of similar reports. Cue my theme song: Wasted Days and Wasted Nights.

Sam needs to do his talking on the field. The game interviews provide the opportunity for commentary alongside the film. Check chapter 12, page 188, of the Duck's new book: The SB winning QBs.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sam and Quinn were the best players on the team this year. I don't see him calling any other Rams turds! I'm convinced this is bias.

RFIP

When you're in the lights, best not to say anything. If you answer one, you'll then get a steady stream of similar reports. Cue my theme song: Wasted Days and Wasted Nights.

Sam needs to do his talking on the field. The game interviews provide the opportunity for commentary alongside the film. Check chapter 12, page 188, of the Duck's new book: The SB winning QBs.

Agreed BUT this WILL get legs, and there WILL be a response from the Rams at least, and I bet of some of the players too.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I doubt anyone from the Rams acknowledges this in any way, shape, or form. Especially Sam.

duckhunter

Starter
Hypothetical here. Let's say Fish is reneging on his 'Sam is the Man in 14' edict. He would start with some left field press stuff-to get fans attention.

It's a cloak and dagger business sometimes.

Who knows. Just rambling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hypothetical here. Let's say Fish is reneging on his 'Sam is the Man in 14' edict. He would start with some left field press stuff-to get fans attention.

It's a cloak and dagger business sometimes.

Who knows. Just rambling.
I'd say there's a very slight chance of that being the case. Very low probability.
But staying on your premise, let's see if this audio gets picked up by a bigger outlet.
Right now it's just a fairly irrelevant guy making comments on a low-profile radio show.

Speeps

Starter
Who is Kent Sterling? 2, very sad I listened to this or that it was even posted. Journalism really is dead.

V3

Hall of Fame
This is kinda off topic but I was thinking about Carson Palmer after the Cardinal loss a while ago and how he was pretty good at QB before he had his knee torn up. After that knee injury, he was never the same. What's the difference between what happened to him and Bradford? Many are expecting Bradford to come back and play just as well, if not better, than before. Why did it derail Palmer so much and why won't it do the same to Bradford?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is kinda off topic but I was thinking about Carson Palmer after the Cardinal loss a while ago and how he was pretty good at QB before he had his knee torn up. After that knee injury, he was never the same. What's the difference between what happened to him and Bradford? Many are expecting Bradford to come back and play just as well, if not better, than before. Why did it derail Palmer so much and why won't it do the same to Bradford?
Brady tore up his ACL in 2008 too. It all depends on the will and work ethic of the player, I suppose. If anything, we learned that we can no longer rely on Bradford being a full 16 game starter on a consistent basis, and that we really need to hedge our bets in the event that something happens to him again. Clemens is what he is. I think we can do better than that, and it really should be a priority TO do better at this point.

V3

Hall of Fame
Who is Kent Sterling? 2, very sad I listened to this or that it was even posted. Journalism really is dead.

I swear I remember hearing his name from one of the local radio stations here. He was like a producer or program manager for one of the stations I think. Probably moved on to somewhere else by now.

V3

Hall of Fame
Brady tore up his ACL in 2008 too. It all depends on the will and work ethic of the player, I suppose. If anything, we learned that we can no longer rely on Bradford being a full 16 game starter on a consistent basis, and that we really need to hedge our bets in the event that something happens to him again. Clemens is what he is. I think we can do better than that, and it really should be a priority TO do better at this point.

I don't think the issue was work ethic with Palmer, though. Everything I heard about the guy seemed okay. I honestly don't know what the issue was and why it's different for other QB's. Just a strange musing I had. Sorry for the divergence. Back on topic.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think the issue was work ethic with Palmer, though. Everything I heard about the guy seemed okay. I honestly don't know what the issue was and why it's different for other QB's. Just a strange musing I had. Sorry for the divergence. Back on topic.

He wanted out of CIN very very badly because of a rift between he and Brown. I don't recall the details but it was ugly.