SoFi Stadium construction coming to a stop? (EDIT: No)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i can't believe they won't let them finish the roof at least. there couldn't be more social distancing.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not only will the construction stop for at least a month, the start of the NFL season will probably be delayed, shortened or even cancelled.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
A total fluff piece of journalism. It says you can still go to work under the new order. You can even go out on walks.

Where's the damn face palm gif????

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
A total fluff piece of journalism. It says you can still go to work under the new order. You can even go out on walks.

Where's the damn face palm gif????

I saw some construction workers doing their thing today in Tustin. Not all companies are following the order.

The order identifies 16 essential services that must continue to work. Construction of a non essential location is not one of the 16. This location was for a new school by the old blimp hangers at MCAS Tustin.

I also called my favorite breakfast spot to see if they were doing to-go orders. They told me people were sitting in the restaurant eating, again, against the orders of Orange County and now the state.

I don't know about the rest of you Cali's but I'm taking this seriously as I am two strikes into the high risk category but my job is an essential one, ATT, communications, IT infrastructure. I have to report to work.

Be safe my Brother's! HORNS UP!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yes, restaurants should be closed and only taking To-Go orders. However, if you look at CA.gov it does not say you are not allowed to go work. Pulled from CA.gov It says;

"Reducing social contact can help slow the spread of this coronavirus and keep our communities healthy. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others.

Everyone in California is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, keep at least 6 feet of distance. Learn more."

expanded version
"The California State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health is ordering all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors, critical government services, schools, childcare, and construction, including housing construction. "

You are allowed to go to work and construction is still ongoing in CA...I'm a developer, I should know lol.

So please stop spreading misinformation, there's already enough of that on social media. People need to do themselves a favor and READ.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yes, restaurants should be closed and only taking To-Go orders. However, if you look at CA.gov it does not say you are not allowed to go work. Pulled from CA.gov It says;

"Reducing social contact can help slow the spread of this coronavirus and keep our communities healthy. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others.

Everyone in California is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, keep at least 6 feet of distance. Learn more."

expanded version
"The California State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health is ordering all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors, critical government services, schools, childcare, and construction, including housing construction. "

You are allowed to go to work and construction is still ongoing in CA...I'm a developer, I should know lol.

So please stop spreading misinformation, there's already enough of that on social media. People need to do themselves a favor and READ.
I can confirm this as well.
Construction is considered a vital business.

ninedeuce

Rookie
Contrary to national perception, there are a lot of businesses here in SoCal considered essential to stay open, some surprisingly so. I have a friend who handles apparel and sneaker returns for a major brand and they have been told to keep operating with a full staff of over 120 people. I know someone who needs to report to work at an auto body shop which I kind of understand to be a bit more essential because people will need their cars to get food or get medical care.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the construction were to continue considering the pull Stan has with Inglewood and LA County.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Weed shops are considered essentially business under this, so construction might be as well. I sent a message to my buddy, hopefully he gives me an update soon.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wanted to see for myself. I just drove by Sofi stadium and the Forum 20 minutes ago and there are construction workers there, but very few. Only about 20 cars in the parking lot.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted to see for myself. I just drove by Sofi stadium and the Forum 20 minutes ago and there are construction workers there, but very few. Only about 20 cars in the parking lot.
ESSENTIAL! Get in there and help, Bubba!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

expanded version

See, here is the problem. The Governor's order states:
1584732777168.png

It directs you to the federal web site, never stating what sectors are essential. But if you go to the Ca.Gov COVID-19 site it does expand to what you listed above about construction. So this is just like what Orange County did on Tuesday, sent out a confusing order that made people think business would be required to shut down. They since retracted that.

So I'm sorry for stating false information but I was going off of what the order stated for reference.

Crazy times and even crazier government management.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Those vids are from early February and mid-February.

The world is a different place now.

Isn’t that guy a dick doctor? I remember him on KROQ back in the day advising kids on jerking off

I do think the media is going bananas but I don’t trust that quack either