So ........... yeah.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

"The knee itself is in really good shape, with the exception of the ACL," Fisher added. "We expect a full and complete recovery." Bradford will undergo surgery in 2-3 weeks once the swelling subsides, and then the rehab process will begin. Fisher said "there's no reason to think otherwise" when asked if Bradford would be ready for the season opener next year. At this moment, Bradford is tied for fifth in passing touchdowns (14) and sports a 90.9 quarterback rating. He was on his way to having the best season of his young career. The Rams could save over $10 million by cutting Bradford after the season, but they seem more interested in committing to the former No. 1 overall pick long-term. The Rams are a near lock to pick in the top five in the 2014 draft. They have plenty of other holes.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...or-2014?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'd hope so, dude was in the making of a damn good season as stated before career high in multiple stat categories. Just wait till next year when all the talent has developed and this time around Sam won't be struggling due to his cast around him not having experience.

iced

yea... first round picks i see either on a safety,rb, or Dt.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't really think this should come as any surprise to those of us watching the team.

I still think the Rams draft a QB somewhat high next year as insurance/one to develop in case another injury happens down the road

You can never, ever, have too many good QB

moklerman

Warner-phile
I agree with you but also feel the same ways about DTs
Not exactly thrilled about that either but at least there is a sort of rationale if there's a true stud there. Granted, don't want to reach for a DT or take the 2nd, 3rd or 4th one with a first round pick. But RB's are a dime a dozen all up and down the draft. Stacy's a good example of finding value at that position. Not saying I don't agree the Rams could upgrade the position but unless Adrian Peterson's there in the first round, I don't see how any team would want to burn such a valuable pick on a RB.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The 2014 first rounders need to go towards building the Great Wall of St. Louis.

If Bradford really is the guy going forward Fisher & Co. need to put the biggest, meanest, and most talented guys they can find in front of him.

No more fifth round "coach em' up" picks please.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The 2014 first rounders need to go towards building the Great Wall of St. Louis.

If Bradford really is the guy going forward Fisher & Co. need to but the biggest, meanest, and most talented guys they can find in front of him.

No more fifth round "coach em' up" picks please.

Agreed! We may well be in the J. Matthews/T. Lewan zone with our own first rounder. If we go any other way I'd be disappointed.

iced

Not exactly thrilled about that either but at least there is a sort of rationale if there's a true stud there. Granted, don't want to reach for a DT or take the 2nd, 3rd or 4th one with a first round pick. But RB's are a dime a dozen all up and down the draft. Stacy's a good example of finding value at that position. Not saying I don't agree the Rams could upgrade the position but unless Adrian Peterson's there in the first round, I don't see how any team would want to burn such a valuable pick on a RB.

thought i heard there was supposed to be some very talented rb's at the top this year?

I know of the guy Seastrunk and even saw him mocked to us at #14 or somethin'

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Agreed! We may well be in the J. Matthews/T. Lewan zone with our own first rounder. If we go any other way I'd be disappointed.

That's my thinking as well. If we are committed to Sam we need to really shore up the interior OL.
And it might just be me, but I'm becoming less confident in our starting DB's. Jenkins is so inconsistent and we've seen what Finnegan has done this year (not much). Have a feeling this will be a D heavy draft.

PhxRam

I don't really think this should come as any surprise to those of us watching the team.

I still think the Rams draft a QB somewhat high next year as insurance/one to develop in case another injury happens down the road

You can never, ever, have too many good QB

Depends on your definition of "good"

I have yet to see a situation where having two starting QBs on the roster turned out to be a good thing.

fancents86

Starter
That's my thinking as well. If we are committed to Sam we need to really shore up the interior OL.
And it might just be me, but I'm becoming less confident in our starting DB's. Jenkins is so inconsistent and we've seen what Finnegan has done this year (not much). Have a feeling this will be a D heavy draft.

Jenkins is a beast, i believe he's not being coached right. Our secondary was pretty damn good last season with Jenkins having i believe 4 pick 6's his rookie yeae. Only thing thats changed is our DC. There lies the prob imo.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jenkins is a beast, i believe he's not being coached right. Our secondary was pretty damn good last season with Jenkins having i believe 4 pick 6's his rookie yeae. Only thing thats changed is our DC. There lies the prob imo.

He also had a horrible mid-season stretch, beginning w/ the Miami game.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I am not backing down on my opinions this year. I have always took the stand that the FO is smarter and has a better finger on the pulse of the team and what the team needs are than certainly myself and most other fans, bloggers, etc. And I have gotten on board with their decisions and supported them. Fact is, based on what I have seen on the field this year, maybe this coaching staff needs to be held accountable for at least a portion of the generally poor play we have seen. It is my opinion that with the first two picks they should take the two best OL available. Get the talent of the OL upgraded significantly and maybe our qb wont be busting up his knee while running for his life and maybe we will be able to run block without using 12 personnel. Maybe we will be able to make much better use of the players we have payed such a high price for in terms of fa money and draft picks.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The defense does seem to have regressed under our current DC, but I don't know that I'd expect a change anytime soon.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think there is some truth in that. Last year, the defense looked much better with both Jenkins and Finnegan. But it doesn't change the fact that I've never really like Finnegan. And I don't know if Jenkins' head will ever catch up to his feet. Coached or not, I don't know if he'll ever be a shut down corner. Johnson is the one corner that I, as a fan, have confidence in.

I believe we'll draft at least one defensive player in the first round, and it will likely be a free safety or corner. But if it was up to me, I'd get Louis Nix to play along side Brockers if they have a chance and stick with Sims/Hayes against run heavy teams. Then I would focus on an awesome free safety, which should help our corners like Jenkins to play more aggressively.

I love the new forum by the way, this is nice.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think there is some truth in that. Last year, the defense looked much better with both Jenkins and Finnegan. But it doesn't change the fact that I've never really like Finnegan. And I don't know if Jenkins' head will ever catch up to his feet. Coached or not, I don't know if he'll ever be a shut down corner. Johnson is the one corner that I, as a fan, have confidence in.

I believe we'll draft at least one defensive player in the first round, and it will likely be a free safety or corner. But if it was up to me, I'd get Louis Nix to play along side Brockers if they have a chance and stick with Sims/Hayes against run heavy teams. Then I would focus on an awesome free safety, which should help our corners like Jenkins to play more aggressively.

I love the new forum by the way, this is nice.

Nix is sliding towards the bottom half of the first round. If we don't reel off wins with Clemens, we will have to trade down to get him.

Realistically we will probably have 3 of the top talents in the draft staring us in the face. Matthews, Lewan, Watkins.
Do you trade down? I'd like to pick up one of those tackles. Then with our second first rounder, I still take Ha-Ha, whether we trade down to fit the value, or end up in the right spot to take him. Similar to getting Ogletree last year. Then pick a guard in the second.