So, who initiated the tradeup for Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If the Rams somehow win the Super bowl this year, Jeff Fisher deserves a ring too.

Fisher needed to be let go so that this team could turn into a winner. He was loyal to his players and coaches to a fault and that along with his lack of team discipline and outdated philosophies are why his Rams were some "7 and 9 bullshit".
Make no mistake though, Jeff Fisher wasn't all bad and Sean McVay deserves all the credit he is getting, but he didnt have to build this team from the ground up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think, it was a group decision, but Fish gave his seal of approval.

I am certain Fish gave his seal of approval. But in the beginnings the decision to move up for a franchise QB is moreso something a GM would be angling for than a coach in his 5th year still looking for his first winning season. Fisher was no idiot, he knew a QB rookie wasn't going to give him a greater chance to win than going with positions that can translate quicker to the NFL game. At some point, which is probably after he and the offensive staff did the workups on the QBs, however, I am sure he realized it was going to happen.

And that's why I think his comments about how he didn't think he was ever going to see the new stadium ring true. He probably knew damn well he was done once they moved up for Jared. And to his credit he took it pretty well without makin too much stink, which is probably why Stan cut him that farewell contract.

But anyway... I'm sure the initial discussions were pretty humorous, given how the Rams' front office was known at that point to be rife with dysfunction between Fish and Snead. I can only imagine Fisher's reaction when that first came up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Make no mistake though, Jeff Fisher wasn't all bad and Sean McVay deserves all the credit he is getting, but he didnt have to build this team from the ground up.

Agreed. I'm no Fish hater. His style of team--the bigger, more physical than you team--tends to do pretty well once you can get them into the scrum that is the playoffs. Dude just failed badly in his offensive staff hires plain and simple. He was flyin blind on that side of the ball.

I wish him well though. Always feel bad for him as everyone in the media dumps on him seemingly daily with the change in this offense. He deserves it in many ways but still I like the dude.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams somehow win the Super bowl this year, Jeff Fisher deserves a ring too.

Fisher needed to be let go so that this team could turn into a winner. He was loyal to his players and coaches to a fault and that along with his lack of team discipline and outdated philosophies are why his Rams were some "7 and 9 bullcrap".
Trouble is broski .. is that for the rams to amass the talent that fisher delivered us we had to suck balls in the process .. he could build a defense for sure .. but we were never gonna have an offense worth anything with the likes of rob boras Chris weinke coaching players like Brian quit and Kenny Britt

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Trouble is broski .. is that for the rams to amass the talent that fisher delivered us we had to suck balls in the process .. he could build a defense for sure .. but we were never gonna have an offense worth anything with the likes of rob boras Chris weinke coaching players like Brian quit and Kenny Britt

I know dudeski, I just mean that if the 53rd man on a roster gets a ring, than Fisher deserves one for having final say on the majority of players who would be responsible for winning a championship.

I don't believe he was treated unfairly, nor would I actually suggest that Fisher be given said SB champion rig.

Ram65

Legend
So far there is no proof that Stan and Demoff didn't get the wheels moving on finding a QB for the Rams future. Snead may have started the moving up process but, we still don't know who initiated the QB priority.