So what's the plan at Safety?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So he was neck and with Mcleod before his injury and you want to start him over Mcleod? Don't you think we should upgrade if that's the best we currently have?
Not with our first round draft picks...But a safety like Lamarcus Joyner with our second round #44 pick would be wonderfull!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not with our first round draft picks...But a safety like Lamarcus Joyner with our second round #44 pick would be wonderfull!

In the OP, I didn't specify if we were going to take someone in the first round. Just wanted ideas for realistic scenarios to upgrade. So the second round is good. Personally, I think that may be a tad high for fisher to take a safety. Third is probably about his limit.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In the OP, I didn't specify if we were going to take someone in the first round. Just wanted ideas for realistic scenarios to upgrade. So the second round is good. Personally, I think that may be a tad high for fisher to take a safety. Third is probably about his limit.

Joyner will be long gone by 3rd #75

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Eagles G.M. says safety class is not “a good group overall”
Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 1, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptmyzwmwn2i0mguxztrhyzrln2u0zjfjzwyxngy2ndlj-e1398990134559.jpeg
AP

On March 11, the first day in which free agents could sign with other clubs, the Eagles struck a three-year deal with former Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins, a decorated collegiate cornerback at Ohio State who switched positions in the pros.

The Eagles’ quick move for Jenkins clearly signaled their belief he could bolster a position of need. And as it turns out, it may well have been a reflection of their confidence in finding rookie safety help.

At a press conference Thursday, Eagles G.M. Howie Roseman told reporters safety was not a particularly deep position in this year’s draft.

“In terms of the safety class, I don’t think it’s a good group overall,” Roseman said, according to Sheil Kapadia of PhillyMag.com. “I think you’re talking about a dropoff certainly when you get into Saturday.”

Judging from Roseman’s remarks, the best time for the Eagles to add a safety could be in the first two days of the draft. The club has one pick in each of the first three rounds (Nos. 22, 54, 86).

Four safeties — Alabama’s Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Northern Illinois’ Jimmie Ward, Florida State’s Terrence Brooks and Louisville’s Calvin Pryor — rank in the top third of Rotoworld draft expert Josh Norris’ list of the top 150 draft prospects.

V3

Hall of Fame
I agree with you about Fisher. The one thing that might persuade him to take one earlier is Williams. I think Williams likes his FS's much more than Fisher does.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with you about Fisher. The one thing that might persuade him to take one earlier is Williams. I think Williams likes his FS's much more than Fisher does.

That's true. I hadn't thought about then when I made this thread. If Williams covets someone before the third, it's possible we take one earlier, and I wouldn't be mad. It's the last major hole in our defense.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hopefully the plan is Deone Bucannon in the second round.