So what's the contingency plan if Keenum goes down?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I say, we all run around, and pull our hair out...chicken little style.

No, Faulk called it like I would. Injury to Keenum in game, bring in Mannion. Next week, if Case is still hurt, start Goff. Thinking behind it, is that Mannion would give us the best chance to win that weeks game, but with a week of practice to cater to Goff's strengths, and full prep, why not go with Goff.

Faulk needs to coach.

Athos

Legend
If they're worried about his psyche by not throwing him in the fire early, imagine his confidence level if he's inactive on game days.

If they're THAT worried about his psyche, he shouldn't have been drafted by this team then. You can't be a mental midget and QB successfully. If they aren't willing to test it, they shouldn't have drafted him. If they weren't going to put him in the best position possible by creating an offense tailored to his strengths and involving plays he can/has mastered, they shouldn't have drafted him. If they weren't going to boost his confidence, give him a bit of a break by letting him work with the 1s and the full protection/offensive skill base they have, they shouldn't have drafted him.

In other words, Fisher is still an idiot that doesn't know how to handle a QB and insists of fitting square pegs to round holes.

Never wanted to give Sam an offense to maximize what he does well. And no, that aborted quicker tempo, more spread out try doesn't count. Idiots didn't bother finding the personnel to run that type of offense and sure fuck didn't have the right coordinator. Mister Run or Bust Shotty with overly complicated WR terminology and alignments doesn't count.

Man, this shit is actually seriously hilarious. Downright hilarious.

I look forward to seeing another downward spiral of passing under Fisher this year. It may be the most beautifully awful thing in the NFL.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
One thing to keep in mind about Mannion is even though he's looked decent he's doing it against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yeah, they are all in the NFL, but for many not very long (no pun intended).

Would Mannion be as good when he's facing #'1's the entire game? I'm not so sure..

To me me Goff has looked good and he's looked horrible at times. But he's also faced #1's at times and been behind 3rd string OL on our end at other times. It's hard to really evaluate unless you can see both Goff and Mannion playing with and against #1 talent for an extended period.

Clearly Mannion is ahead mentally as he's had a year to learn. But from a pure talent standpoint it's Goff for me.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wr4shv0TxEVzO.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quite sure there is a rule in the NFL that if you lose a QB the 3rd QB can be active, but that means the number one guy cannot come back into the game, so Goff would never be in street clothes even if he's listed as inactive.
Nope. Inactive players are exactly that. No more emergency QB rule. Emergency QB is Johnny Hekker...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I didn't watch the game last night. Did Mannion throw a ball more than 8 yards in the air? If not, Fisher may need to rethink his choice.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say Mannion!

I just didn't like his over throws and no movement in the pocket at the end of the game. Don't get me wrong there are things about Goff that concern me, but when paired with most of the 1's he has looked pretty good. I hope Case stays healthy all year and Goff has a year to watch and learn. But if Case does go down I think Goff gives us the best chance. At least I hope so.