So what's the contingency plan if Keenum goes down?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
If there is something to learn about the recent injuries to Romo and Bridgewater it's that injuries can and do happen to starting quarterbacks. Last season, Keenum went out with a concussion and we had the "pleasure" of having Nick Foles to take over for a bit.

Fast forward to this year. What's the plan if Keenum goes down? Does Fisher roll with Mannion or does he give Goff the nod and force him to learn on the fly? Does our record at the time play a factor in who Fisher decides to go with?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Last thing Rambfans should be thinking about. In fact it's nice to have a solid offensive line starting a season. Can't remember the last time Incould say that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I say, we all run around, and pull our hair out...chicken little style.

No, Faulk called it like I would. Injury to Keenum in game, bring in Mannion. Next week, if Case is still hurt, start Goff. Thinking behind it, is that Mannion would give us the best chance to win that weeks game, but with a week of practice to cater to Goff's strengths, and full prep, why not go with Goff.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its Mannion, Goff isnt ready at all until he can handle a snap, thats when we can talk about starting him, but his turnovers are definitely a problem when it looks like this team isnt going to be scoring a lot of points

…..

Legend
Right now you gotra go with Mannion. That could change in several weeks, but from what we've seen, Goff cant even call the plays right in practice. I feel like we drafted a manchild and I'm dissapointed thus far. Hope he gets it quickly.

NZRam

UDFA
Name
Sam Green
Fisher just said in his presser that Sean is #2 because Jared isn't ready. So there's your answer. Was really hoping Jared would win the job because according to the "experts", he was the most pro ready. Which is outrageous

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher just said in his presser that Sean is #2 because Jared isn't ready. So there's your answer. Was really hoping Jared would win the job because according to the "experts", he was the most pro ready. Which is outrageous
It honestly doesn't surprise me. It took Mannion a year to be ready enough to be a backup. At that rate, Goff won't be ready to start for at least 2 years. The lack of quarterback development falls solely on the coaching staff...that Fisher is the leader of. Fitting a square peg into a round hole, the Fisher way. Chip away enough of the square peg's talent and it'll eventually fit.

Ellard80

Legend
"contingency plan if keenum goes down"

Is that like do I have a contingency plan if I snap my tee on my drive?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It honestly doesn't surprise me. It took Mannion a year to be ready enough to be a backup. At that rate, Goff won't be ready to start for at least 2 years. The lack of quarterback development falls solely on the coaching staff...that Fisher is the leader of. Fitting a square peg into a round hole, the Fisher way. Chip away enough of the square peg's talent and it'll eventually fit.
Yeah, I can't agree with your take, because if your take is correct, then a great coaching staff, could have any QB ready to play, despite playbook, physical attributes, prior experience, etc.

It doesn't work like that. Our new offense, the Peyton Manning offense, as it is referred to, is complicated, and Goff hasn't ever been in a huddle, since even before high school.

High School, and college teams, only play to win, and don't give a flying fuck about developing players. I think that is a shame.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I say, we all run around, and pull our hair out...chicken little style.

No, Faulk called it like I would. Injury to Keenum in game, bring in Mannion. Next week, if Case is still hurt, start Goff. Thinking behind it, is that Mannion would give us the best chance to win that weeks game, but with a week of practice to cater to Goff's strengths, and full prep, why not go with Goff.

^THIS^ I think this is how we will attack the season if something happens to Case.......

Go Rams........ ;)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
So, Dak Prescot was the only pro ready QB in the last draft? Goes to show what people know about QBs. LOL

You play Mannion. It takes more than five minutes to learn how to be a NFL QB.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He been said Sean was the number 2, some people just couldn't beleive it.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If there is something to learn about the recent injuries to Romo and Bridgewater it's that injuries can and do happen to starting quarterbacks. Last season, Keenum went out with a concussion and we had the "pleasure" of having Nick Foles to take over for a bit.

Fast forward to this year. What's the plan if Keenum goes down? Does Fisher roll with Mannion or does he give Goff the nod and force him to learn on the fly? Does our record at the time play a factor in who Fisher decides to go with?
chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fisher says a lot of things.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Goff is in street clothes on the sidelines game #1, the pick is a FAIL
Heck, Jamarcus Russell at least dressed for his first game

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I agree. Goff has to be the number two. They invested way too much not to have him ready on the sidelines. If they're worried about his psyche by not throwing him in the fire early, imagine his confidence level if he's inactive on game days.
If Keenum goes down, Goff has to be the guy. They just dumb down the playbook and rely on the running game more. Even if he plays badly. There's always next game. This is not a one day or one year investment. This is for the next ten to fifteen years.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Quite sure there is a rule in the NFL that if you lose a QB the 3rd QB can be active, but that means the number one guy cannot come back into the game, so Goff would never be in street clothes even if he's listed as inactive.