So what have we learned about the Cowboys tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I really don't think Lawrence is as good as he looked last night. It's funny, Jared Valdheer was pretty good at one time. Looks like he just lost all of his power in his lower body....

I'm not saying Lawrence is garbage...I liked him coming outta Boise State....Really great stats in college....injury's and suspensions in the pros....But he's no Justin Houston/Vic Beasley....I'd actually expect Havenstein to handle him mostly one on one. Maybe with the occasional chip by the RB or TE....

Lets NOT leave Higbee/Everett/New guy don't know his name but he ran that 4.5....but lets not block ANY DE with a TE....for the rest of the year.

If they have to go back to practice, not a chance for Tavon...but Sammy is ready to go!!!:ROFLMAO::yess:
6.5 sacks on the year.He is doing something right.
Big test for Havenstein.
If Havenstein handles him,then I won't be worrying about RT anymore.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
6.5 sacks on the year.He is doing something right.
Big test for Havenstein.
If Havenstein handles him,then I won't be worrying about RT anymore.
Exactly. Although I think he has 7...
If Hav holds down the fort, we are in GREAT shape

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
1. Have to maintain gap integrity. Convince the players on this defense that # 4 is actually Russel Wilson. They know how to play him.
2. Trujo wants a contract? Good game to show why he deserves it. Shut down Bryant.
3. Seal the dadgum edges!
4. Test their secondary early and often, then unleash that Gurley guy on them.
5. No stupid penalties!
sheep-knocks-man-in-the-water.gif

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Mostly concerned on defense. Seal the edges collapse the pocket on Dak and Zeke. Barron and Ogle must fill the G-T gaps on runs, NO IMPROVISING.

I'd see if Sammy and Tavon can run some quick slants 5-8 yds past the line of scrimmage on the right. Have a feeling we will get attacked on that side and can gash for 15-20 yd catch and runs until Dallas eases the pass rush.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm expecting a loss. Our defense against that explosive offense? Yikes.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I originally was expecting a loss here as well. Then Zeke got suspended and I thought maybe we could win. And now I'm about 50/50 as their offense doesn't look as good as last year. But they did start putting it together at the end of the zona game.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Catch the Cowboys Defense off guard with design plays for Josh Reynolds and Gerald Everett (if healthy).

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams offense also needs to use the middle of the field with Gurley early in the game and It'll free up those receivers.

I just hope our defense needs to follow their assignment and play sound defense. Don't worry stripping the ball out on every play.. they will come.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I need to see our injury report. We need to be as healthy as possible on the road. JS, SW, LJ, KW all need to be up and ready. This game is going to be a true test. We will learn a lot about this team on Sunday as far as if we are for real or not. And I say that purely on the aspect of the "pressure" of the game. I am NOT calling Dallas a "great" team. But the magnitude of being on the road against "America's Team" and showing that we actually CAN win games that we CAN win. What has me 2nd guessing a bit is that loss to Wash. @ home. I think at the moment Wash. is a better team than Dallas... but we had that game at home and lost.

#OneGameAtaTime

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Damn. I hate to even say it, but I feel like we cannot beat the Cowboys with the defense we have.
I hate to even utter those words (or type them)

But if I'm being realistic, it won't be good. Something like Rams 23 - Cowboys 40

:(

Man do I want to be wrong. 3-1 would be SOOOOOO Nice.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah i'm not buying into this Lawrence is a nightmare pass rusher thing either....or that we'll have to give Hav help all night.
Veldheer has been getting beat all season. On Monday night he just got whooped by a decent pass rusher.

I honestly don't see very much to be concerned about defensively with Dallas. They eventually realized that AZ couldn't run the ball effectively(or weren't willing to commit to it) so they went to the 3 man rush vs a porous Cards OLine and tee'd off schematically in pass coverage.

On the other side, i'm frightened at what the Cowboys might get done offensively. They put up 28 pts in three qtrs on a not too shabby Cards D.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Rams have scored 108 points so far, and the "explosive" Boys offense has racked up 48 points. They are playing on a short week and we have had 10 days of rest and hopefully coaching by Wade about stopping the run.

It's who enforces their will that wins the game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm more worried about the Cowpie's Defense than there Offence! The Cowpie's, after getting stepped on in the 1st half, adjusted there Defensive attack, and Killed the Cards!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Cowboys' defense isn't all that stout vs the run. Rams should be able to gash them a bit.

Which is concerning, because we had the #1 run defense last season. Hopefully that improves after we get Irving back. Too bad that game is against the Packers. They don't need to run at all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What I learned about those cowgirls just last night...

Their owner still has the face of a sarcophagus.

Please start referring to Jerrah as Sarcophagus Face. It's the respectful thing to do.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's who enforces their will that wins the game.

And that's my concern when it comes to their Oline vs. our defense.

We've been pushed around way too often on defense... unable to get off blocks and win man-to-man match-ups.

Hoping Phillips is devising a plan to overcome that because, in a lot of cases, it's seemed like the opponent is just bigger and stronger than our defenders.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched the Cardinals game again. You can watch the condensed version on nflfullhd.
One thing I noticed was that even though their secondary is young, I didn't see many mistakes by them. I wanted to think that this would be something we could exploit but I'm not so sure. I think size is going to be a factor and think our taller receiver will have a good game. Their corners are good at run support. They had a really good run defense against the cardinals.
Sean Lee looked really good. Always at the right spot. They'll miss him if he doesn't play.

Their offense looked just okay. If they play like they did against the cardinals, I would think we have a good chance of winning. They had 3 or 4 really big plays and nothing much otherwise. Dak Prescott is really accurate on the run and elusive like Carson Wentz. I have a feeling I'm going to be yelling at the screen when we miss tackles on him. Gotta wrap up and tackle really well.