So what have we learned about the Cowboys tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
We can't let Dallas get a rhythm going. We have to contain Elliott early - it can be done, I just hope we fix our run D in time. We've got to watch their Pass Rush, I don't want Goff to be rattled early on. We can't give Prescott any time their WRs looked good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of Kool Aid in here. Trying to get a contact high....
Pass rush is formidable and after Palmer fast start of 11/11, he went 18/37....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
McVay should be effective working over the back seven on a regular basis with Gurley & our receivers. IF Goff gets the ball out again quick enough it will be a very good day for the offense.

The biggest issue is not @ Rams RT(Havenstein) vs Boys Left DE (Lawrence) but Ram Right OSLB'er (Quinn) vs LT & Elliott's left outside runs. Quinn can not contain or set his outside edge on running plays & remain a big liability. Ram's Running "D" is still a very big concern. I would expect a high scoring game again.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
* Everyone saw it! Lawrence MUST be stopped!!
* I really think we can stop Zeke, No problem their!
* Keep Dak in the Box and make him try to Beat us with his Arm!
* Attack the secondary Deep, They will try to hold a lot!
* I would like to see us get out to an early Lead, and then just pound them with our run game!

Has anyone heard if Watkins and Austin are off "Concussion Protocol"!?

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Stack the box and create pressure on Dak. They are successful when he can take those long boots or play actions and create time to throw down field.

Offense needs to pound Gurley and throw in playaction , their secondary is not good

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah. He seems to get injured a lot.
I would suggest to Snead that this CB position in our defense needs to be a top priority n the 2018 NFL Draft. Please try to get some corners over 6 ft please & closer to 200 pounds. Three current starters on the list below will be UFA's in March.

NRC 5-8/178 (UFA in March)
Joyner 5-8/190 {Nickle}(UFA in March)
Hatfield 5-10/170
Countess 5-10/185 {Nickle}
Troy Hill 5-11/180
Webster 5-11/192
Johnson 6-2 209 (UFA in March)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/CB

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For those wondering, this mornings Vegas Line still has the Cowpie's favored by 8 points!! LOL:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh:I just might ask @flv if I can go "All In!!":mrburnsevil:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think there will be a lot 12 personnel to contain Lawrence.

Double Lawrence all game and continue throwing the ball like we do. If you don't double Lawrence you lose.

Everyone saw it! Lawrence MUST be stopped!!
I really don't think Lawrence is as good as he looked last night. It's funny, Jared Valdheer was pretty good at one time. Looks like he just lost all of his power in his lower body....

I'm not saying Lawrence is garbage...I liked him coming outta Boise State....Really great stats in college....injury's and suspensions in the pros....But he's no Justin Houston/Vic Beasley....I'd actually expect Havenstein to handle him mostly one on one. Maybe with the occasional chip by the RB or TE....

Lets NOT leave Higbee/Everett/New guy don't know his name but he ran that 4.5....but lets not block ANY DE with a TE....for the rest of the year.

Has anyone heard if Watkins and Austin are off "Concussion Protocol"!?
If they have to go back to practice, not a chance for Tavon...but Sammy is ready to go!!!:ROFLMAO::yess:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stop Elliott and make Dak throw
I agree... and double team Lawrence.

But, most importantly, contain Prescott. Rams haven't played a really mobile QB yet. His mobility concerns me... they have to stay disciplined.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
First Hav is a lot better than guys are giving him credit for. He's leaps better than AZ RT. We might have to occasionally chip on the right side but I think we'll use scheme to slow down their pass rush.
Keep Dak in the pocket, he's a lot like Wilson and struggles as a pure passer.
Have to load the box and make sure we stop Zek. If we can't stop him we lose.
We have to get our no huddle going and maintain long scoring drives. It frustrates their offense.

Ram65

Legend
I really don't think Lawrence is as good as he looked last night. It's funny, Jared Valdheer was pretty good at one time. Looks like he just lost all of his power in his lower body....

I'm not saying Lawrence is garbage...I liked him coming outta Boise State....Really great stats in college....injury's and suspensions in the pros....But he's no Justin Houston/Vic Beasley....I'd actually expect Havenstein to handle him mostly one on one. Maybe with the occasional chip by the RB or TE....

First Hav is a lot better than guys are giving him credit for. He's leaps better than AZ RT. We might have to occasionally chip on the right side but I think we'll use scheme to slow down their pass rush.
Keep Dak in the pocket, he's a lot like Wilson and struggles as a pure passer.
Have to load the box and make sure we stop Zek. If we can't stop him we lose.
We have to get our no huddle going and maintain long scoring drives. It frustrates their offense.

Is Lawrence the real deal? I guess they have to find out. Mix up the run and pass. Give some jet sweep looks . Roll Jared to the left as they did against the Whiners. You have to test Hav one on one to see if he can handle Lawrence at some point. The guy does tire out so run at him with a double team. There is always the chip/double team him if you have to. Screens to slow him down. The Rams offense can stay balanced with pass/run. Take some shots down field even more than the Whiner's game.

Defense has to come to play. Stop Eliott early. Try to keep Dak guessing on coverage and keep him in the pocket. Dallas will move the ball so red zone defense will be important. Limit penalties and make Dallas make mistakes. Easier said then done.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
oh yeah

their owner has better knees than a bunch of guys in here...including me....I can't even touch my kneecap to the ground...feels like my tendon will cut in half.:rolllaugh:

:mrburnsevil:

edit...one more thing

Bryce Butler can play....said that a few years ago...
Richardson and Butler.....those guys can fly...and can really catch the rock.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lawrence was mediocre for years now he's in a contract year and steps up on national tv. When he's on the field because he is fragile I think Big Rob will handle him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny the last couple weeks we've come out of games and fans have given players a lot of grief. Week one Gurley and the oline need to step up their performance. Then we hit week two and both were better. But Robert Woods had people wanting to cut him and people wanted Sammy to get the ball more. Week three both had 100 yards and contributed big plays. But the run defense is getting destroyed and Higbee is getting trashed. How will those two respond week 4? I'm looking for big rebounds.