So We Don't Draft A Round 1 Qb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NorCalRamFan

Manziel is moving up to the top of many draft charts. Many mocks are now picking him as going 1st.
Also, didn't SB play from a spread offense in the shotgun?

Manziel will have to learn to take snaps from under Center, just like SB did but I don't see it being a problem nor do many NFL scouts.

But at this point, it's just mental masturbation - the Rams aren't going to take a QB. They're sticking with SB and that's that.
No Manziel. No Bridgewater. Just more of the same of what we've seen for the last 3.5 years

The Rams will likely take a developmental QB in the 3rd or 4th round, hopefully Jimmy Garoppolo from Eastern Illinois.

But right now, it looks like they will trade down a few spots to get extra picks to shore up the OL and draft yet another WR

I'm not sold on Clowney, plus I think it would be a wasted pick and his drop in production from last year to this year along with questions about his work ethic are also a concern.

BTW, NFL Channel reported today that Teddy B is 6'1". We'll find out at the Combine.

And the most important stat: Strength of Schedule.
Louisville didn't play any ranked teams.
A&M played five ranked teams.

It's one thing putting up big numbers against 1-11 Florida International.
It's another thing putting up big numbers against 11-2 Alabama.

Yes, I'm aware that Louisville finished ranked 18th and A&M finished ranked 21st, but again, Louisville didn't play a ranked opponent while A&M played five ranked opponents.

I've been watching Football for nearly 45 years and don't need stats to show me when a player has something special and when he doesn't.

For the record, I didn't want SB when the Rams had the #1 pick in 2010. I wanted Ndamukong Suh.
Not that he's been All-World, but he has made the Pro-Bowl 3 out of his 4 years in the NFL
Imagine him lined up next to Michael Brockers along with Quinn and Long at DE?

Maybe we'll get lucky and SB won't be ready to go when the season starts and our developmental QB will be the second coming of Kurt Warner...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I get tired of hearing about Bradford's contract! Leave it out of the conversation! I don't see him making mistakes with the ball with the exception of holding the ball too long trying to make a play. Get the o line in shape so he can do his job then whine about his play!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm with you guys. The OP is a complete tool... hate that guy. X(

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For the record, I didn't want SB when the Rams had the #1 pick in 2010. I wanted Ndamukong Suh.
Not that he's been All-World, but he has made the Pro-Bowl 3 out of his 4 years in the NFL
Imagine him lined up next to Michael Brockers along with Quinn and Long at DE?

I was wanting Suh too but glad we got Sam instead. Never mind the other picks don't happen for various reasons if we had picked Suh. Good to see how much better of a team Detroit has become with Suh. All those playoff appearances and Superbowl rings? Priceless.