SO if Sam is Benched...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wait a minute, they can get a 4th rounder by just benching him? That seems to have given them a lot of wiggle room. Y'all sure about that one? I thought they got a 4th if he wasn't able to play half the season because of health reasons?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait a minute, they can get a 4th rounder by just benching him? That seems to have given them a lot of wiggle room. Y'all sure about that one? I thought they got a 4th if he wasn't able to play half the season because of health reasons?

If they bench him just to get a fourth rounder, after swapping picks in last year's draft, giving up their starting QB, picking up a LOT of salary, and giving the Rams their 2nd round pick in 2016 - Chip would be in danger of needing a new job.

What I'm saying is that if the Eagles bench him, it won't be because of the 4th rounder - it'll be because he just isn't fitting into their system.

That being said - I'm very skeptical he would be benched this early anyway. He will have to really suck, Sanchez would have to look much better, or Sam will be back in the lineup for game 4 anyway.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

This doesn't make any sense to me either. I'd have thought that it would be more likely to be based on the number of snaps he was available for as opposed to whether he actually played them (ie based solely on injury status).

I don't see why we should be giving them a draft pick purely on the basis that the Philly coaching staff couldn't get the QB they chose to trade for to have success in their system.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This doesn't make any sense to me either. I'd have thought that it would be more likely to be based on the number of snaps he was available for as opposed to whether he actually played them (ie based solely on injury status).

I don't see why we should be giving them a draft pick purely on the basis that the Philly coaching staff couldn't get the QB they chose to trade for to have success in their system.

The criterion for whether the Rams give up the pick is not something that requires interpreting the team's actions. Either Sam takes half the snaps, or doesn't. Having a benching proviso would mean that if it were close the league would have to rule on whether they benched him because he was nursing an injury, or whatever. And let's face it - NFL players are always nursing some injury or other, even if very mild. This way it is automatic - either Sam was playing, or he wasn't.

I'm dubious that the NFL would even allow any such standards that were so blatantly up to interpretation. They don't need the headaches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not really. You can't bench a starting QB unless he's playing poorly. And there's no way to game the system when the bar is set as low as 50% of the offensive snaps.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm still picking Philly this week.

I know it's a road game, and the Jets D is playing well...

But, Philly is desperate and the Jets haven't exactly had the toughest schedule so far.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm still picking Philly this week.

I know it's a road game, and the Jets D is playing well...

But, Philly is desperate and the Jets haven't exactly had the toughest schedule so far.

Again I like the Eagles too in this game looking for Fitzpatrick to turn the ball over and again the only difference is I fear for Bradford in this game via health and effectiveness. If the Eagles start slow offensively I know Kelly is going to have a quick hook and go to Sanchez and if Sanchez comes off the bench to lead the Eagles to victory IMO, he'll be the starter for the next several games.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the Eagles start slow offensively I know Kelly is going to have a quick hook and go to Sanchez and if Sanchez comes off the bench to lead the Eagles to victory IMO, he'll be the starter for the next several games.

I expect that too, if they start slowly. Definitely a disastrous scenario for the Eagles. Sanchez creating a QB controversy? Yuck.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I expect that too, if they start slowly. Definitely a disastrous scenario for the Eagles. Sanchez creating a QB controversy? Yuck.
If he was here the last few years, he would have created that here as well, I betcha by golly .... wow.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If he was here the last few years, he would have created that here as well, I betcha by golly .... wow.

IMO, Mark Sanchez never would've come to St. Louis because they had Brian Schottenheimer and again that's JMHO, I feel Sanchez chose Philadelphia because of Chip Kelly because why would anyone choose Philadelphia? Really, why?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Every time I start to feel bad for Sam Bradford I remember that the Rams tried to work with him on his contract so that he could stay here . He declined.

I've never understood the criticism for not redoing his deal. He had literally nothing to gain. It's awful easy to say that another person should give millions of dollars away on a forum, but in real life I doubt many of the people criticizing would give a few million away.
When I start to feel Sam should have given money back, I remember the Rams loyalty towards two different cities over the last twenty years and then I can't say as I fault anyone for not falling on the sword for them.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

no benching looming. and they beat the jets in their house. that should give them a bit of confidence. sam looking safe.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Bradford missed a few throws and had several accurate passes dropped. Two of those drops could have gone for touchdowns. Ryan Mathews was wide open 10 yards down the field in the first half but Bradford did not deliver a perfect strike and Mathews dropped the catchable pass with no defenders and nothing but grass in front of him. Later, Bradford dropped a dime right into Darren Sproles' hands in stride as he raced around the corner, but Sproles couldn't hold on. If he catches that pass, he's still running.

That's the big picture, that the passing game remains a major work in progress, even after a 24-17 win at the Meadowlands (see Instant Replay).

"I thought Sam did a nice job considering what [the Jets] brought," Chip Kelly said after the victory. "They can bring a rush unlike any team we play. They bring seven, they're gonna play zero-man behind it. A few of those drops, I think all those guys want them back. That one down the sideline, I think when he released it, Sproles hadn't turned the corner, and then he turns the corner and it drops right into his hands through them.

"But [Bradford] kept battling. I think just like anyone else, there's some things he'd like back, and there's probably some catches our receivers would like back."

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...radford-still-struggling?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

so 2 simple passes for probable tds dropped this week.

sounds like sam has full confidence from the hc. he will be safe as long as they keep winning.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Of all of the QB's who have ever played in Kelly's system who has played the worst?

Who has the lowest production?

Bradford may set a record for lowest YPA this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, this Bradford dude just lingers and lingers around here. It's almost like that movie "They Live", where he's being fed to us subconsciously.

2er8vm1ad3cb5mgzg.jpg