SO if Sam is Benched...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all thought there was a risk that Bradford would not finish the season before an injury happened...If I remember correctly, he had to start, or at least had the potential to start 8 or more games this year, so that the Iggles don't get a higher pick from us in 2016. How does that work if Sam is benched? I'm hearing from a lot different sources that Sanchez might be the starter if the Iggles lose again today? It's important for me personally, because I have a user name bet with an Iggles fan that Foles throws for more yards than Bradford this year...lol
:shooting:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam needs to be in for over half the offensive snaps for the Eagles this season, or the Rams owe their 4th rounder. I'm not aware that the reason matters. Injury or benching, it's all the same.

What's more important than the 4th though is the Eagle's record - the 2nd they owe the Rams value rises rapidly the higher it is - I want the Eagles to lose as many games as possible. FWIW, a better overall Eagles team was 4-4 with Sanchez as a starter, after starting 6-2 (though they did win the game that Sanchez came in to replace an injured Foles). So I'm not convinced that Sanchez will be a big help to the Eagles.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
For the first time this year I'm actually rooting for Bradford to have an effective first half against the New York Jets. Because if he doesn't I have little doubt that Kelly will look to catch lightning in a bottle and go with Sanchez in the 2nd half against his former team.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the first time this year I'm actually rooting for Bradford to have an effective first half against the New York Jets. Because if he doesn't I have little doubt that Kelly will look to catch lightning in a bottle and go with Sanchez in the 2nd half against his former team.

Yes, hopefully Sam looks good and the defense flat out sucks

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Feel bad for the dude. Can't get on a decent team. Bad defense, and now Kiko got hurt again. Running game ain't doing shit, his TE is hurt, WRs are dropping passes, Jason Peters is suddenly shitting the bed, etc.

I know, I know, excuses blah blah blah.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How does that work if Sam is benched?
Same way it works if he's injured. If Bradford plays less than 50 percent (period) the Eagles get a 4th-round pick. If he didn't play at all it became a 3rd-rounder (non-issue). And if Bradford plays more than 50 percent of snaps the Eagles don't get any additional compensation from us.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Feel bad for the dude. Can't get on a decent team. Bad defense, and now Kiko got hurt again. Running game ain't doing crap, his TE is hurt, WRs are dropping passes, Jason Peters is suddenly crapping the bed, etc.

I know, I know, excuses blah blah blah.

The great ones can carry their team unfortunately Bradford's legs aren't up to carrying anyone everything has to be in unison like a concerto and Bradford is an accomplished cellist, however, right now there's nothing to do when the music stops, nothing to do my friend!

iced

The great ones can carry their team unfortunately Bradford's legs aren't up to carrying anyone everything has to be in unison like a concerto and Bradford is an accomplished cellist, however, right now there's nothing to do when the music stops, nothing to do my friend!

A quarterback can only do so much when his receivers are dropping passes or tipping them for ints and the o-line can't run or pass block...

i thought our line looked bad against washington, but eagles were way worse against dallas,and its not like dallas is known for their d-line either

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A quarterback can only do so much when his receivers are dropping passes or tipping them for ints and the o-line can't run or pass block...

i thought our line looked bad against washington, but eagles were way worse against dallas,and its not like dallas is known for their d-line either

I don't disagree with your assessment about their offensive line, however, many felt the Bradford finally had talent around him including the WR's and now they're dropping passes and so on and so forth after a while one has to stop making excuses just like the Rams and having the youngest team!

Eventually you have to start winning and Bradford is running out of time we shall see if he's ready for the challenge tomorrow.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Same way it works if he's injured. If Bradford plays less than 50 percent (period) the Eagles get a 4th-round pick. If he didn't play at all it became a 3rd-rounder (non-issue). And if Bradford plays more than 50 percent of snaps the Eagles don't get any additional compensation from us.
And we get the 2nd rounder regardless - right?

iced

I don't disagree with your assessment about their offensive line, however, many felt the Bradford finally had talent around him including the WR's and now they're dropping passes and so on and so forth after a while one has to stop making excuses just like the Rams and having the youngest team!

Eventually you have to start winning and Bradford is running out of time we shall see if he's ready for the challenge tomorrow.

I'm never gonna fault a QB for a drop if the ball is catchable/on point....

same way i can't fault foles for all the drops he dealt with, i won't fault bradford for it. And I guarantee you any HOF receiver feels the same way - if you get two hands on it, you should catch it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm never gonna fault a QB for a drop if the ball is catchable/on point....

same way i can't fault foles for all the drops he dealt with, i won't fault bradford for it. And I guarantee you any HOF receiver feels the same way - if you get two hands on it, you should catch it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Every time I start to feel bad for Sam Bradford I remember that the Rams tried to work with him on his contract so that he could stay here . He declined.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lol I truly believe that Sam is a cancer in the locker room. It's not that he's a bad guy or a poor teammate but I think he rubs other players the wrong way. I really feel bad for the guy but I'm happy he's gone.
That "glare" has been blown way out of proportion. Murray had the same look on his face before the game even started. He's just that intense.
Here's the entirety of that "exchange". He was talking to him for about 2 seconds.

dm01.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this blaming sam for the wrs dropping his passes has to stop. it's their damn job. catching the ball. been doing it since they were little kids. just catch it.

i mean it's not like any lbers are dropping balls that come their way. if a lber can catch his passes why can't the wrs?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Can't carry them if they don't play on the same side as you.