So, how does this ‘22 Ram team compare to the SB winning ‘21 version?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That show isn't the same without Kay. She just does a great job running the conversation. One of the chicks to replace her of late, the one with the big lips, she's good to look at but interjects stupid shit. Kay's a little more tuned in with the game than her replacements were too I think.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes to both the O and the D this year. It doesn't appear that the Rams are just going to stand pat with the same schemes.

On offense, while we are all sad to see Woods go, trading him and putting Allen Robinson in his spot is a harbinger of significant changes to the passing game that McVay is cooking up. AR1 has a totally different game than Woods and is more in tune with Stafford's strengths. Combining him with Vanillatron, who has morphed from a possession-slot WR when we first drafted him into an all-around stud is going to make for a much different pass offense than the one we saw during the first few years of the McVay era and that still had plenty of influence on this most recent season. McVay is evolving his offense before he absolutely has to, before defenses have caught up with it, and that's a great thing.

I would like to see some changes in the running game though. Namely, I'd like to see a re-design to prevent so many plays where a RB gets hit in the backfield before he really has a chance to get going. That probably means some adjustments to the blocking scheme, although I don't think we'll see wholesale changes there (especially with Boom and Allen coming back). If there is one thing I'd like to see brought back, it's more jet sweeps, although I don't know if we have anyone on the roster as good as Woods was on those.

On D, I have a lot more confidence in Morris given the spectacularly good way he finished off the season. There will be some adjustments with Miller gone and Wagner coming in, but I really like the latter move because it is going to make the D very stout in the middle. Wagner lining up behind AD is going to be a nightmare for opposing offenses, and that will be even more amplified now that Jones has a year of experience under his belt. There will likely be a dropoff on the edge opposite Floyd now that Miller is gone, but I have faith that Morris can figure it out being in his second year here and having shown he can figure out how to beat the 9ers in the NFCC by taking away their strengths with the ILBs we had. I really think our D has a chance to be better than it already was this past season, and that is a scary thought for those teams that will have to face it.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
OBJs contested catches were big - we will have that all year with ARob.

Miller didn't start making an impact until week.....15?

We will have Wagner all year.

Williams was pretty mediocre most of the year, but that is a potential downgrade.

Overall the only question mark in my mind is the OL. But McVay has earned the trust there.

All three units should be better. A lot better.

Last year we went 9-2 outside the West and 3-3 against our rivals. I expect 5-1 this season.

Outside the division we have:

Home/at SOFI: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Bills, Cowboys, Panthers, Falcons

Road: Chiefs, Packers, Bucs, Saints

I think we can go at least 2-2 in those road games. The Chiefs and Packers aren't nearly as scary without their WRs.

Minimum of 5-2 in those home games outside the division.

So 12-5 at the minimum.

I know this sounds crazy but I think we have a legit chance to go 17-0. 10 games at SOFI, only four games outside the Pacific time zone. And there of them are likely to be primetime/late window games.
I am not sure if the offensive line will be, "better" or not but I think it has a chance to be AS good.

And that's all we really need to make another serious run at the Super Bowl.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know, if the result is the same I’ll be beyond happy!