So glad we didn't draft Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
First I don't like how his game will translate to the NFL. He does have skills, but he is very very very raw and the track record of one read and run QBs isn't good. He is also a giant douche:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on SportsCenterFriday that the Browns have approached Johnny Manziel about "toning it down," with regard to his actions on social media.
Owner Jimmy Haslam was "bothered" by Manziel's recent posting of a "Money Phone" (stack of bills held to the ear) on Instagram. The Browns seem more concerned with Manziel's social media behavior than his well-publicized weekend partying. Approached by the Cleveland Plain Dealer Friday morning, Manziel told the paper "I don't think I'm doing anything wrong," and "I'm not going to change for anybody." Earlier this month, Ben Taint described media coverage of Manziel as "annoying," hinting it may be a distraction in the locker room. ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi stated Friday that he's never seen Manziel-like behavior from a Browns player. Grossi has been covering the Browns for 30 years. Jun 27 - 3:06 PM
Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter

JRobinson

MiLB
I'm no one to judge by any means but, this guy has "clown" written all over him. There is a track record of that all over. I too am glad we didn't draft him for a plethora of reasons.

Yeah JHG is a prick but the reason I'm glad we didn't draft him

image.JPG

^^^^
That guy playing behind a very good (potentially elite) O line for the first time in his career

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That article is true, in that I don't recall any Browns players being that immature.
At least not while they were playing there anyway.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So the owner and team officials tell Manziel to tone it down a bit, Manziel says he won't change for anybody. Cleveland we have a problem.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Johnny may need a spanking. Is it possible that the Browns have the guts to sit Johnny Football down for an entire year?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yep.........trouble ahead.
He does have some skills.......although I'm not sure it's QB skill.
He's also extremely raw, immature, self absorbed, arrogant and totally pig headed.

Other than that, he's good to go. :sneaky:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Kevin Mack got arrested for selling crack in the hood. I respect Grossi, and am a Clevelander, he is 100 times better than anything in the STL media but his memory is failing him on this.

ON THE SIDELINES : Kevin Mack Charged in Drug Bust
June 29, 1989| From Times wire services

CLEVELAND — Running back Kevin Mack was charged today with aggravated drug trafficking after authorities found what they believed was cocaine in his car, a Cleveland Municipal Court clerk said.

Mack, 26, the Cleveland Browns second-leading rusher last year, was freed this morning on $2,500 bond and is to appear for a preliminary hearing Friday at 9 a.m. before Judge Mabel Jasper, Deputy Clerk Kevin Mullen said.

Police Cmdr. Robert Bolton said Mack was arrested Wednesday evening without incident on suspicion of possession of the drug after 11 packets of the substance, valued at $50 each, were found in his car. The charges were filed after a chemical analysis of the packets.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Seriously you draft him and give him a contract worth millions and you expect him to grow up after his antics in college? What did you expect? Him to build his on church and become Pastor Football?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kevin Mack got arrested for selling crack in the hood. I respect Grossi, and am a Clevelander, he is 100 times better than anything in the STL media but his memory is failing him on this.

ON THE SIDELINES : Kevin Mack Charged in Drug Bust
June 29, 1989| From Times wire services

CLEVELAND — Running back Kevin Mack was charged today with aggravated drug trafficking after authorities found what they believed was cocaine in his car, a Cleveland Municipal Court clerk said.

Mack, 26, the Cleveland Browns second-leading rusher last year, was freed this morning on $2,500 bond and is to appear for a preliminary hearing Friday at 9 a.m. before Judge Mabel Jasper, Deputy Clerk Kevin Mullen said.

Police Cmdr. Robert Bolton said Mack was arrested Wednesday evening without incident on suspicion of possession of the drug after 11 packets of the substance, valued at $50 each, were found in his car. The charges were filed after a chemical analysis of the packets.
Tony Grossi stated Friday that he's never seen Manziel-like behavior from a Browns player.

I take that to mean, "Hey, look at me!" type behavior.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Mack was pimping in a Benz selling crack in the hood to be Mr. Big Pants among the ghetto fabulous.........I kinda thought it was seriously ego driven at the time.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Johnny may need a spanking. Is it possible that the Browns have the guys to sit Johnny Football down for an entire year?

Will he be joined by Josh Gordon?

Pro Football Talk: No Gordon date set yet
Pro Football Talk dropped a thorny item on the Josh Gordon issue, and it landed right in the lap of the Cleveland Browns.The website reported on Monday that there is no hearing date set for Gordon’s appeal of his one-year minimum ban from the NFL. from ESPN

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm telling you........the Browns are being run by rodeo clowns.

That rhymes too. (y)

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
He's gonna get popped like all the other scrambling QBs. He's smaller than RG3, he might be faster than RG3 but the faster you run into a brick wall the more damage is done.

FRO

Legend
He's gonna get popped like all the other scrambling QBs. He's smaller than RG3, he might be faster than RG3 but the faster you run into a brick wall the more damage is done.
He isn't faster than RGIII. He may be quicker though. He will take a beating if he decided to be a one read and run QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am glad that the Rams didn't want him too. I would like to know who the fool was in the Rams war room that did though. I don't think Manzeil is enough of a QB to make it in the league. Neve did and this crap will make it even tougher.

He won't change for anyone? Then he won't be in the NFL long.

FRO

Legend
I am glad that the Rams didn't want him too. I would like to know who the fool was in the Rams war room that did though. I don't think Manzeil is enough of a QB to make it in the league. Neve did and this crap will make it even tougher.

He won't change for anyone? Then he won't be in the NFL long.
"It's also significant that Fisher is secure enough to solicit and consider feedback from employees far lower on the organizational flow chart -- such as 27-year-old scout Brian Heimerdinger, who wrote an extensive report on Manziel and was involved in discussions about possibly drafting the junior JFF. Heimerdinger's father, Mike, who served two stints as Fisher's offensive coordinator in Tennessee and was one of his closest friends, died of cancer in September of 2011. It's clear that Fisher has relished the opportunity to bring "Young 'Dinger," as Fisher calls Brian, into the fold."

From Michael Silver's war room article.