Snisher had an epiphony

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's what I'm thinking now after I've had a few days looking back.

YES Fisher was glad Sam was here and one of the reasons he came. YES they tried to get him the weapons he needed in Quick, Givens, TA, and Cook. YES they were trying to roll out a spread type of offense for him...

Then SB went down last season and they had an epiphany: It isn't going to work and Sam's not our guy.

They EXPECTED this day and prepared for it. It explains Robinson 1st with Watkins on the board, Tre Mason in the 3rd, dropping KC and grabbing SH. Bringing in Britt whose fight for the ball mentality is more fitted to an average QB where a speedster would be more valuable to SB.

While they clearly were selling the idea of a 2014 ground and pound ball control offense, they were EXPECTING they would probably have to do it without SB. They DIDN'T build the O-line's pass protection.

I mean, who builds a ground and pound around a $60M QB with a laser throw and long ball arm? Who ignores pass protection holes if the team is being built for a QB?

Snisher saw the writing on the wall and acted accordingly. THIS is from the Seahawks model and that's where they believed they would go.

You picking up what I'm laying down?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
e04.jpg

duckhunter

Starter
I never know how to respond to your posts. I read em and always say 'what!' In a good way, you're in a class by yourself.

Alan

Legend
That's pretty far out there zz. :cautious::unsure: :LOL:

1. upload_2014-8-25_18-16-4.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-25_18-16-4.jpeg
    upload_2014-8-25_18-16-4.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 131
    8.5 KB · Views: 131
    5.1 KB · Views: 148
  • upload_2014-8-25_18-17-27.jpeg
    upload_2014-8-25_18-17-27.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 147

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm not saying he didn't hope and want SB to come back, that would have been awesome, I think they knew it was time to turn the ship.

Besides, how do you trade a QB with an injury history and coming off an ACL that is owed big money? As much as I like SB, we were also stuck with him.

He DID sign a replacement, Shaun Hill.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

YES Fisher was glad Sam was here and one of the reasons he came. YES they tried to get him the weapons he needed in Quick, Givens, TA, and Cook. YES they were trying to roll out a spread type of offense for him...

Then SB went down last season and they had an epiphany: It isn't going to work and Sam's not our guy.

They EXPECTED this day and prepared for it. It explains Robinson 1st with Watkins on the board, Tre Mason in the 3rd, dropping KC and grabbing SH. Bringing in Britt whose fight for the ball mentality is more fitted to an average QB where a speedster would be more valuable to SB.

While they clearly were selling the idea of a 2014 ground and pound ball control offense, they were EXPECTING they would probably have to do it without SB. They DIDN'T build the O-line's pass protection.

I mean, who builds a ground and pound around a $60M QB with a laser throw and long ball arm? Who ignores pass protection holes if the team is being built for a QB?

Snisher saw the writing on the wall and acted accordingly. THIS is from the Seahawks model and that's where they believed they would go.

Always knew you were more than a pretty face (pair). :shades:

Mamfm5

UDFA

While I don't agree it was his "plan" and I think that Fisher would have been ecstatic for Sam to come in and thrive and become the franchise QB, it is silly to say they did not plan for the potential of this happening. Taking GRob and Mason clearly showed that we were going to pick up where we left off as far as how our O would run. I also believe Hill is a substantial upgrade over Clemens as far as arm talent goes.

In no way am I say Snisher was hoping for Sam to go down, but it would be silly to say they did not actively prepare for life without Sam if that case were to arise. Shaun Hill is a gamer, and will make a number of plays that will endear him to the fans and his teammates. I will never forget watching the S.F. vs Arizona game were Hill had his helmet ripped off about 3 yards short of a first and still willed his way to picking up enough yards to get the first. He isn't going to win you a game, but I don't think that is needed in this system.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I don't agree it was his "plan" and I think that Fisher would have been ecstatic for Sam to come in and thrive and become the franchise QB, it is silly to say they did not plan for the potential of this happening. Taking GRob and Mason clearly showed that we were going to pick up where we left off as far as how our O would run. I also believe Hill is a substantial upgrade over Clemens as far as arm talent goes.

In no way am I say Snisher was hoping for Sam to go down, but it would be silly to say they did not actively prepare for life without Sam if that case were to arise. Shaun Hill is a gamer, and will make a number of plays that will endear him to the fans and his teammates. I will never forget watching the S.F. vs Arizona game were Hill had his helmet ripped off about 3 yards short of a first and still willed his way to picking up enough yards to get the first. He isn't going to win you a game, but I don't think that is needed in this system.

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Not that he wanted it to happen, but he read the tea leaves and acted on it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, anything's possible. I don't doubt Fisher hedged his bets a bit and took players that he thought their flexible traits were high and that they could thrive in a run first or pass often system. Let's hope that's what we got brother!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hundley and Marriota are both horses with guns, who will gain valuable experience because they went back to college this year. We could win with one of those guys the way this team is built, if they make progress with their reading of defenses.