Snead should get questioned on TR trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Snead probably won't ever tell the truth on this, but I wonder if he knew about TR being available and if the Rams talked to the Browns.

And I wonder if the money aspects of it was a problem for the Rams.

And, I wonder if Fisher knew TR was available because TR is a Fisher type back.

I guess it's possible that the Colts approached the Browns and told them to keep the deal quite or they'd pull out. But I think it's more likely that the Browns just didn't decide to move TR overnight.

Anyway, I'm very curious to hear Snead talk about this trade and why the Rams weren't interested in TR for that price.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
max said:
Snead probably won't ever tell the truth on this, but I wonder if he knew about TR being available and if the Rams talked to the Browns.

I guess it's possible that the Colts approached the Browns and told them to keep the deal quite or they'd pull out. But I think it's more likely that the Browns just didn't decide to move TR overnight.

Anyway, I'm very curious to hear Snead talk about this trade and why the Rams weren't interested in TR for that price.

I think you answered your question right there, max. We're up against the cap, so it would be pretty much impossible to get Richardson, who would cost both a valuable first round pick in a top-heavy and deep draft and cap space that we don't currently have.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Regardless of cap space, I think that giving Les Snead hassle over this is like repeatedly punching a gift horse in the mouth. What he and Fisher did in the 2012 draft gives him a bye on most things for a good while yet in my opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:

Are you saying it's a given that they wanted TR and wanted to part with their first round pick? Because that's a lot of assumptions.

sent via Tapatalk.

WvuIN02

Starter
The GM of the Browns said they were approached by the Colts due to their rb situation (Ballard breaking leg out for the year) and it only took 1 day to deal the pick (ie it happened very fast).

I see this one as the shocker it was, even to NFL folks who if they knew, probably found out after the deal was done.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
max said:

I don't know Max...as you probably know from my posts I live in BamaLand. I had the opportunity & did watched TR numerous times. TR has been in tons of discussions ....I really like this RB but I have the tendency to believe as others he may have a short shelf life as a NFL premier runner. I would have loved to had him lined up as a Ram with Sam this Sunday too but not @ the price of a #1 pick. I like the five Ram RB's we have now. Just need to run them a while get them broke in.

But I also feel this Fisher team is still evolving to an team unlike any Fisher has developed in the past. I really have no ideal how good or bad our RB's can be yet. Myself I would prefer to keep those two picks and try to draft the top CB with our earlier first & the best Offensive tackle with the later first.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I read a tweet (so not sure of the validity) that said TR found out he was traded from listening to the radio.

iced

lol

you can't blame snead at all for this one.. even if we were interested, 1) we don't have the cap room (and it's not even close) , 2)what message does that send to the players, fans, and locker room after preaching confidence and patience about our RB core all of season...

Some of this knee jerking lately is getting just down right comical

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah and it aught to go like this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSkCewy-LU[/youtube]

I mean ya gotta see the resemblance between Snead , Demoff ,Kilmer and Downey.
Corbin Bernson as max

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think the Browns are huge winners in this one.
TRich...not all he's cracked up to be. 2 runs of 20+ yards in his career thus far, averaging something like 3 YPC, dropped the rock a few times last year. Sure he had a great college career, but that was with THE elite program, not going to be the case in his NFL career. By the end of this season, Colts fans will likely be up in arms they gave away a 1st rounder.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He averages 3.6 per carry.....his backups are outproducing him, why would we want to pay millions to a guy who isn't as good as what we already have?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Warner4Prez said:
TRich...not all he's cracked up to be. 2 runs of 20+ yards in his career thus far, averaging something like 3 YPC, dropped the rock a few times last year. Sure he had a great college career, but that was with THE elite program, not going to be the case in his NFL career. By the end of this season, Colts fans will likely be up in arms they gave away a 1st rounder.

I posted on a different board, the Herd, that IMO the Colts got fleeced.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I never understand the logic in saying that a GM should be questioned because of a move that happened that he didn't make.

There's 29 other GMs that didn't make that move, should they all be questioned? It seems pretty silly and presumptuous to think like that.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
LesBaker said:
Warner4Prez said:

I posted on a different board, the Herd, that IMO the Colts got fleeced.

I agree.

The funniest part though, is the Browns CEO coming out and saying that they aren't giving up on this season. Not sure how you can say that with a straight face when you trade away your starting RB and start your 3rd string QB over a proven guy in Jason Campbell. Oh well, that's why I cheer for the Rams! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
For what? We have 4 RBs right now, no money and 2 1st round picks in what could be an amazing draft.

Don't want Trent and glad we didn't get the trade.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
max said:

Are you saying it's a given that they wanted TR and wanted to part with their first round pick? Because that's a lot of assumptions.

sent via Tapatalk.

Thanks for pointing out that I wasn't clear.

I'm not saying its a given that they wanted him.

I'm saying I would like to know if they had a chance to considered him and if so why didn't they pursue him.

Snead could say they were unaware that TR was available. Or he could say they knew about it but weren't interested for whatever reasons.

That's it.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's Lombardi on TR before he took the Browns job. Guess he changed his mind.

By Michael Lombardi NFL Network
Front Office View
Published: April 23, 2012

Yogi Berra once said, "It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future." Well, that's exactly what I'm being asked to do with the 2012 NFL Draft. I'm not talking about my mock draft -- that comes Wednesday -- but rather a general overview of the three-day event.

Yogi is right: It is hard to make predictions, especially about the draft. So many teams try to hide their real intentions through deception. As much as teams love to lie, they cannot fully conceal reality. Many NFL teams' words to the media might be misleading, but their actions in free agency always tell the real story. That's the best indicator to consider come draft day. My advice is to ignore all the rhetoric and just trust your own instincts.

Here are 10 things that I believe to be true in this week's draft:

1. I believe the safest pick in the draft -- beyond Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III -- is Alabama running back Trent Richardson. He's a blue-chip player and has all the skills to quickly establish himself as a top-five player at his position. Forget the nonsense about not taking backs early -- everyone would love the chance to get this guy.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Warner4Prez said:

OMG what is it with the fascination w/ YPC?! They are MEANINGLESS. A high YPC just means longer runs that skew the average!

NINE TOUCHDOWNS. Plus 1 receiving. 950 yards rushing, over a thousand combined w/ receiving. He already has 2 TDs this year. The Rams' RBs? A big fat, goose egg.

He was the only weapon the Browns had. Now he goes to Indy, where teams won't stack the box up, b/c they'll have to deal w/ Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton, and Coby Fleener. Conversely opponents won't keep blitzing on pass downs b/c they have Trent. Andrew Luck has to be ELATED he gets another weapon. What's a QBs best friend? A good running game. The only time the Colts' fans arms are gonna be up is when they go to the playoffs just like the Peyton days.

And while the media continues to bang the "it's a passing league, it's QB driven league" drum, the running game remains as important as ever, maybe more so now.

Look @ some of the better teams and how they are doing:

Houston- Arian Foster, Ben Taint. 2-0.

Cincinnati- Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis, Gionvani Bernard. 1-1, easily can be 2-0.

Eagles- Shady McCoy. 1-1, easily can be 2-0.

I fuckin hate saying this, but the seaworms and SF...they are BASED on the running game w/ Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch.

Denver- Even w/ Peyton Manning, they are using Knowshon Moreno, drafted Monte Ball, and utilized Willis McGahee last year.

KC- Jammaal Charles, Chiefs are 2-0.

I fail to see that if Trent was in STL he would be a detriment. If anything it would make this offense elite w/ the weapons currently here. The Rams' running game flat out stinks right now.

Having made my rant, I agree w/ ICED that if it is probably due to cap reasons he's not wearing blue/gold. And who knows if Cleveland's GM called Les, other teams, or just talked w/ Indy only.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
max said:

I have no reason at this point to doubt Snead. Seems to me the guy is a straight-up dude, except perhaps around draft time when things become very sensitive.

Given all the questions about the team, coaching & F.O. decisions on this board lately, I wonder if Kevin would be willing to do another guest visit here?