Snead and McVay to hold 5pm PST presser to discuss AD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They did it for Austin so why not Donald???
Did Snead and McVay? Or did Demoff at Fishers insistence? We really don't know how or why Tavon was extended so applying him or Quinn to Donald IMO doesn't hold water.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams made him an offer, and he and his agent have decided to hold out. Snead is only making the case so Donald, and the general public, know that the Rams like him, respect him, and want him back. IMHO, the Rams need to make this happen. The organization has made a lot of mistakes with certain contracts... we don't need our best player holding out. We can only hope that his agent is giving him good advice and not being too darn demanding.Personally, I would try and make him the highest paid defensive player. But not by much.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If AD is upset at his current contract he has nobody to blame but the people who voted in the last CBA.

Yeah and I wish the two sides would agree to tweak some things ASAP, this isn't working like it was supposed to.

We really don't know how or why Tavon was extended so applying him or Quinn to Donald IMO doesn't hold water.

Good point, plus "need" can effect negotiations.

IMHO, the Rams need to make this happen.

It takes two to make this happen, the Rams can't just "make it happen" without Donald also being on board. This is what I don't understand about contract discussions. People lose sight of the fact that it takes both sides to agree and with the new shitty CBA more guys are going to want to hit the market to get the dumb overpriced FA contract.

And the Jenking thing was silly. They made an offer and he felt "disrespected" and stopped talking to them. It was an excuse to not look greedy for going to market. IMO he was petty and had no intention of staying, he and his agent barely talked to the Rams.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And there is this
IMG_0775.PNG

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No matter who's at fault the rams look bad, real bad.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Snead and McVay? Or did Demoff at Fishers insistence? We really don't know how or why Tavon was extended so applying him or Quinn to Donald IMO doesn't hold water.

As a player I don't care who wrote off on him getting the deal done all I know is my value and my value is the best DT IN THE LEAGUE

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Show me the offer, I'll decide if it's proper

Am I guru? No but I'm nosy as f// and I want to know.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I seem to remember during the Hard Knocks episode when the TA contract was being discussed with Fisher and Tony Pastoors ... Snead mumbling in the background.. some thing like "#1 money for #2 production"... Snead is NOT the guy who does the contracts. That falls on Tony Pastoors and Kevin Demoff. They are just allowing Snead to take the public "heat" for all of this.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd rather Donald felt that they'd work things out and was showing he was a team leader and in camp on time like others in his position and learning the new defense, since he skipped the rest of the work outs, and getting better. But he's not being as good of a leader as players in the same position with their contracts.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I seem to remember during the Hard Knocks episode when the TA contract was being discussed with Fisher and Tony Pastoors ... Snead mumbling in the background.. some thing like "#1 money for #2 production"... Snead is NOT the guy who does the contracts. That falls on Tony Pastoors and Kevin Demoff. They are just allowing Snead to take the public "heat" for all of this.

Demoff and Pastoors do NOT decide who gets big money. They just structure/negotiate it.
The personnel decision lies with (at the time of Tavon) Snead/Fisher.
Now maybe Snead did not agree and Fisher drove that decision. - But it was one of those two, or both.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They just need to work out the palindrome ... that's what's holding up the contract

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Using arbitrary #s, let's say a guy wants 27.5M a year..He's worth it but that leaves no room to sign player B (or b and c)..Why could he not agree to 26.0M to help get another quality body signed ??? We're talking BIG, BIG dollars here...I also know that it's not my place to decide how much money is enough or how much he needs...I do think that it's more than reasonable to assume that he could easily fund 5 generations of his family using the lower number realizing that it would be multiplied buy the # of years in the deal...Not every player in the league has to use the "I'm a dumbfuck" style of investing...JMHO, but I just can't see how that train of though is out of line...I also think a large part of the issue is not so much that the lower number wouldn't be fair in their eyes but rather that ego jumps in there because so many of them NEED to be the highest paid...