Snead and McVay to hold 5pm PST presser to discuss AD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As annoyed as I am by this hold out, I think a new deal for Donald could be a very good thing for both.

Donald gets a huge raise and the security he seeks.

Rams get one of the best players at his position at an affordable rate, by mixing the final 2 seasons on his existing contract and leverage to keep the total down.

The Rams hold the leverage but aren't throwing that in his face, "with threats of fines, etc". So, I support the effort made by the Rams (news conference) to keep things respectful for both sides to keep working.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I like the fact that Snead and McVay are now the voices of the franchise. The football people are now front and center as they should be. They are leading the team.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It takes two to make this happen, the Rams can't just "make it happen" without Donald also being on board.

Agreed. I was assuming the Rams will make him the highest paid defensive player, so he would have no choice but to accept. And he deserves to be the highest paid defensive player... I don't care what his current contract is. However, like someone said earlier... I wish I knew what the heck was going on in the negotiations. For all we know... Donald's agent is asking for top QB money. And he does NOT deserve that.

Ram65

Legend
The news conference was to let everyone know that it's football as usual with or without Aaron Donald. Listen to McVay at 5:25 of the video. We got 89 other guys......

McVay and Snead are being nice in public and not airing out the details about Donald's contract talks. It's a little PR work. Doesn't help anyone know how close or far a part the two sides are.

I stated that this is not going to be an easy fix. "The just pay the man" thinking is good except the problem is how much money will satisfy both sides. Not knowing how close or far a part they are is going to drive most of us crazy. The media will keep the story alive with little to no real updates. Time to focus on the training camp battles.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

If I read this close to being right It indicates the Rams have less than $3,865,923 available in cap funds lowest in the NFL. With the top rated teams 9ers, Browns & Titans who enjoy the benefits (cap wise) having made trades for mega draft picks with provides cost dividends in cap matters..

So is there any $$$ avail for AD this season? No thus all must come from future Ram yearly caps. Rams will be in much better shape in the near future Cap wise. Not so Funny how the new NFL dynasty Patriots are right in the middle of the NFL pack. Is AD demanding immediate present day pay increase ? If so would not a trade be the only resolve?