Snap Counts vs SEA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend

Rapp and Scott also had rough nights. Rapp gave up a 25-yard pass to Tyler Lockett on the opening drive after he bit on the play fake, failing to get back into coverage quickly enough. Scott had an interception, but PFF gave him a team-worst 30.7 coverage grade.

• CB Robert Rochell: 61.3
  • CB Jalen Ramsey: 55.1
  • S Taylor Rapp: 44.7
  • S Nick Scott: 28.9
Ok maybe not more Scott... either way, we have a safety problem in the current defensive scheme we are deploying.

Tano

Legend
Concern now is Williams and that injury front. Hope we can get him back sooner than later. If he misses a lot of time it's gonna be rough round here.

But if he's ok then it's just gonna be about sorting the safety spot opposite Fuller. I agree with that sentiment that Rochell will keep improving.
Rochelle actually played well except for his two really bad plays. And I think he will learn from those two plays.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Concerned about Williams. The way his ankle inverted it looked like a high ankle sprain. Didn't look severe though, so hoping its on the milder side. Suspect he'll be out a couple to a few weeks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rapp and Scott also had rough nights. Rapp gave up a 25-yard pass to Tyler Lockett on the opening drive after he bit on the play fake, failing to get back into coverage quickly enough. Scott had an interception, but PFF gave him a team-worst 30.7 coverage grade.

• CB Robert Rochell: 61.3
  • CB Jalen Ramsey: 55.1
  • S Taylor Rapp: 44.7
  • S Nick Scott: 28.9
What should we think of these ratings where our 4th rd rookie corner Rochell who started his first game in the NFL graded out better than one of the highest-paid DB's Jalen Ramsey in the NFL?:bueller:

Is this Ram secondary really this bad & trending to even deeper pits of Hell:fire::bomb::fire1:?

Has DC Morris had such a negative effect on Jalen so bad he is no longer what he was? Or just bad graders from this site.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
What should we think of these ratings where our 4th rd rookie corner Rochell who started his first game in the NFL graded out better than one of the highest-paid DB's Jalen Ramsey in the NFL?:bueller:

Is this Ram secondary really this bad & trending to even deeper pits of Hell:fire::bomb::fire1:?

Has DC Morris had such a negative effect on Jalen so bad he is no longer what he was? Or just bad graders from this site.
I thought we'd already established the PFF couldn't be trusted? Ramsey didn't have a great game, so I'm sure the whatever algorithm or half baked AI (probably built from a half assed model that only includes data from the 86 Bears) isn't being easy on him.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Noticed Rapp in the box a lot on 3rd down. Young was playing about 100 percent of the snaps in the first 4 games, so a big change putting Reeder in there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Considering Ramsey had a stellar game recently and was graded something like 55ish, I'm still taking PFF with a shaker full of salt.

That said, they are doing much better with their analytics as opposed to their data acquisition.

The problem I have is that bad data integrity means even worse analytics. GIGO

They've improved the acquisition from the early days when they had guys volunteering to do input, but unless they're going to the All 22 AND understand the calls by the offense or defense enough to KNOW each player's responsibility, then it's next to worthless.

Problem is that they're close enough often enough that people put stock in it... plus our on biases make these abstract numbers conversation starters... plus, people love rating/ranking things. It's literally part of our DNA.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Since I haven't seen it in this thread, what a great sight to see T Lew getting up to speed he is a big athletic guy with some natural football instinct. Great to see him somewhat healthy and developing