Snap Counts vs SEA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58567/SEA_Gamebook.pdf

Off
1633699892516.png

Def
1633699975909.png

ST
1633700105572.png

Psycho_X

Legend
It was a hard task for a rookie to come in and cover receivers like Lockett and Metcalf and it showed at times for Rochelle. Luckily all of the times he got burned were due to him being fooled which hopefully can be rectified with experience. His athleticism and ability is obvious though and when he gets comfortable he's going to be so good. Just have to hope Williams injury isn't serious so we don't have to rely on Long very much.

Would really like to see more Scott and less Rapp.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Obviously some shake up at CB, but also at ILB. Reeder played more than Young, neither played the whole game.

Lewis is getting good amount of snaps, and is looking good. (knocks on wood)

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A prime time game I only got to watch the 4th quarter. Thanks for posting @shovelpass , nice to see the break down. It will be interesting to see the numbers next week with a little more prep time.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Looks like Rochelle is well on his way to replacing Long. Now if we could just replace Rapp at deep S and get back to using him closer to the LOS where he's useful.

dang

Legend
Missing JJ3 and Fox. I think we have the other lost players covered on defense.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Would really like to see more Scott and less Rapp.

I think Burgess would be the guy more likely to take over for Rapp, allowing Rapp to play more in the box where he's more suited. For whatever reason Burgess can't get on the field, but he's out there on ST so I'm guessing it's less physical and more mental. Thinking back to last year I feel like he played pretty well, I wouldn't mind more information on whats going on there.

The pieces are there for our secondary to be nearly as special as last year, Rochelle getting more reps and experience will only make him better, and getting someone with more range to take over for Rapp so he can go up and kick the shit out of some TEs or stuff some runs would make our defence better. His limited speed makes it tough for him to cover receivers and quicker running backs, but he's got enough physicality to be an impact player when used correctly.

Tano

Legend
I think that snap counts sheet is missing a player maybe two

I believe I saw Jacob Harris relieve Higbeast for 2 plays when Higbeast got a dislocated shoulder (I think that was what he got).

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think Burgess would be the guy more likely to take over for Rapp, allowing Rapp to play more in the box where he's more suited. For whatever reason Burgess can't get on the field, but he's out there on ST so I'm guessing it's less physical and more mental. Thinking back to last year I feel like he played pretty well, I wouldn't mind more information on whats going on there.

The pieces are there for our secondary to be nearly as special as last year, Rochelle getting more reps and experience will only make him better, and getting someone with more range to take over for Rapp so he can go up and kick the shit out of some TEs or stuff some runs would make our defence better. His limited speed makes it tough for him to cover receivers and quicker running backs, but he's got enough physicality to be an impact player when used correctly.
That's what I was wondering all game... where the hell is Burgess?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Notice the trend of what direction of the highly paid DT D'Shawn Robinson is going vs NT Greg Gaines & Mike DT Hoecth. SJ-D seeing more & more DE in place of Robinson thus Gaines the last 3 weeks has increased his playing time in SJ-D post as this season moves on.

Have to say that Reeder getting many more snaps for Young was a big surprise seemed to turn out better against a team like the Seahawks. Young may have needed a tone down in overall snaps & get him some rest along with a mall break in his HD role after the Cards game.

The biggest surprise was the starting of rookie Robert Rochell....it does lift my spirits a good amount but as you all know Rapp is still one serious problem. Still maintain that if DC Morris would move Jordan Fullerinto his rookie season position & utilize Hughes deep until Burgess gets up to speed this will work well going to the end stretch to the playoffs. Rapp needs to move into special defensive packages up close to the LOS immediately.

TE Mundt is playing a bigger role each & every week his ST work goes unnoticed too.

Big Thanks @shovelpass

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's what I was wondering all game... where the hell is Burgess?
He has to be ailing from that last season's very damaging injury or he is in the dog house with DC Morris.

If he is damaged then Morris needs to get Rapp out & replace him move Fuller into Rapps post then begin to utilize a combo of JuJu Hughes & Nick Scott in the Fuller safety post.

If Morris does not like that then give Strong Safety JR Reed a chance & he will take that post over & we will never see Taylor Rapp as our starter again in our secondary.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Burgess isn't even seeing the field.
We all want to see the kid who started to show before the injury last year, so this is a bummer and somewhat concerning.

Psycho_X

Legend
Notice the trend of what direction of the highly paid DT D'Shawn Robinson is going vs NT Greg Gaines & Mike DT Hoecth. SJ-D seeing more & more DE in place of Robinson thus Gaines the last 3 weeks has increased his playing time in SJ-D post as this season moves on.
Gave SJD props in the celebration thread.... him and AD along with Gaines just manhandled the Seahawk oline most of the night. Had a very good game. Those three starting with Robinson in rotation would be way to go forward. Robinson had a couple of nice plays towards the end so maybe he'd be better as a closer rotational player who'll be better towards the end of the game if he's not in there full time.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Gave SJD props in the celebration thread.... him and AD along with Gaines just manhandled the Seahawk oline most of the night. Had a very good game. Those three starting with Robinson in rotation would be way to go forward. Robinson had a couple of nice plays towards the end so maybe he'd be better as a closer rotational player who'll be better towards the end of the game if he's not in there full time.
I just look at it as them having a really good top-4 DL rotation with different skills/looks for a defense to prepare for. Gaines is just a bowling ball.. fun to watch him push a pocket.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
He has to be ailing from that last season's very damaging injury or he is in the dog house with DC Morris.

If he is damaged then Morris needs to get Rapp out & replace him move Fuller into Rapps post then begin to utilize a combo of JuJu Hughes & Nick Scott in the Fuller safety post.

If Morris does not like that then give Strong Safety JR Reed a chance & he will take that post over & we will never see Taylor Rapp as our starter again in our secondary.
Agreed, something is wrong. Whether it's lingering injury issues or having mental mistake issues, it would be nice to know the answer. So promising last year. Fuller seems to have taken a step back from last year also, or maybe being paired with Rapp instead of JJ has caused his game to suffer.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Meanwhile, our 2nd round pick Atwell gets ZERO snaps and only negatively effects the game. Continues to show what an awful pick that was. Guys behind him in the draft we could have taken: Nick Bolton, Terrace Marshall Jr (better player at same position), Creed Humphrey.... hell, Anthony Schwartz a full round later is playing and making plays.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rapp and Scott also had rough nights. Rapp gave up a 25-yard pass to Tyler Lockett on the opening drive after he bit on the play fake, failing to get back into coverage quickly enough. Scott had an interception, but PFF gave him a team-worst 30.7 coverage grade.

• CB Robert Rochell: 61.3
  • CB Jalen Ramsey: 55.1
  • S Taylor Rapp: 44.7
  • S Nick Scott: 28.9

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll say it again: play Juju opposite Fuller. He's the best option on that depth chart to give Fuller a partner who can play the ball with some anticipation.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Concern now is Williams and that injury front. Hope we can get him back sooner than later. If he misses a lot of time it's gonna be rough round here.

But if he's ok then it's just gonna be about sorting the safety spot opposite Fuller. I agree with that sentiment that Rochell will keep improving.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Less Hoecht, Rapp, Nick Scott, and Kenny Young...

More Jonah Williams, Terrell Burgess, Juju Hughes, and E. Jones please...