Simple Look at the Wild Card

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If Carolina loses tomorrow night then the Rams are no more than two games out of the WC. Not to mention we play Chicago next weekend who are ahead of us. Chicago is very winnable if we leave the sloppy play at home. Never know with this team...

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
What formula are you using? Not being sarcastic, just honesty asking. There are three teams ahead of us in our own division...I don't see how Chicago matters either way

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We can make the playoffs if we win out and get some help. We can't tie anyone above us and make it. I don't think 9-7 makes it this year. 10-6 should though.
But that means we have to beat SF in SF. Not an easy task.

Not to mention beating Brees....That is the game that worries me the most.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What formula are you using? Not being sarcastic, just honesty asking. There are three teams ahead of us in our own division...I don't see how Chicago matters either way

Don't make what I said more than what it is, man. If Carolina loses then we're two games back.

I agree we have to win out to make it. I'm just happy there is some hope for this season. Fact is this team is good enough to beat anyone if the defense shows up. Clemens is getting better every week, too. I can't listen to the fat lady this early.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
No freaking way we win-out. I'm a homer, but that just seem beyond reasonable given that our 1st string QB is out as well as the level of inconsistency we've witnessed from this team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Don't make what I said more than what it is, man. If Carolina loses then we're two games back.

I agree we have to win out to make it. I'm just happy there is some hope for this season. Fact is this team is good enough to beat anyone if the defense shows up. Clemens is getting better every week, too. I can't listen to the fat lady this early.

Right there with yuh man. We're in it until we're not. And even then I am looking for positives and wins.

A55VA6

Legend
Well right now we'll be getting the 6th and 9th pick in the draft.. that sound pretty good. Try and make the playoffs next year because it's not happening this year.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler

I thought you might misinterpret what I was trying to say which is why I included the caveat. What I was asking in essence was if the hags, whiners and seabirds all end up with better records than us than is there any mathematical way for us to even get in.
I now get that you were sayin we would win out

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The rest of the schedule is difficult...

Bears
@ whiners
@ Cardinals
Saints
Bucs
@ shitchickens

All of them are playing good football as of late. If hope they can beat the Bears and Bucs at least, that's 6 Ws.

I'm not even worried about the division games being on the road. This team plays lights out against division opponents no matter where they play. I hope they can get the Cardinals and SF while they are reeling a bit. + 2 more...8-8. Maybe a bit more optimistic that I want to be, but who knows. W/ this team they'll lose to the Bucs but beat the Saints.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Bears, Bucs, Cards... all winnable.

Niners? Could be. I'm not impressed.

Saints and Hawks... ugh. Tough. Best hope is the Hawks don't play hard because they are ready for the post season.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We got Chicago come Sunday. Beat their ass and hope for positive results elsewhere around the league. That's how we stay in it for another week. Believe it or not, we are still in it as of today, no matter what the perceived odds of us making it are to anybody. Math says we have a shot!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This coming week, we root for Vikes over Packers, Dolphins over Panthers, Colts over Cardinals, Giants over Cowboys, and yes, we have to root for Redskins over Niners.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This coming week, we root for Vikes over Packers, Dolphins over Panthers, Colts over Cardinals, Giants over Cowboys, and yes, we have to root for Redskins over Niners.
All distinct possibilities.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Rams probability of making playoffs is less than 1%.

So I'm saying there's a chance.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rams probability of making playoffs is less than 1%.

So I'm saying there's a chance.
So is that a mathematical fact or is 98% of the figure made up on the spot?:wow:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we finish somewhere between 6-10 (likely) and 8-8 (if we play damn good football).

But for me; one game at a time. It's impossible to predict the NFL... and this team is pretty damn schizophrenic.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I'm thinking we beat the Bears. After that happens, things could change a bit. You never know what will unfold. I know I'm not ready to start looking forward to next season quite yet. It's a long enough wait as it is and even if I have to dream a little about our long shot chances, that's what I'm gonna do until the math doesn't work.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I'm with you on the Vikings, Dolphins and Colts. But I don't want the Giants getting hot, so I'd rather the Jekyll/Hyde Cowboys won. As for the Redskins, no matter how difficult things are going for the niners, I'd prefer they not be on a 3-game losing streak when we play them.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
What other teams do is a moot point.
Rams need to win out and see what happens.