Signs That The Whiners Implode Next Season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We saw a lot of injuries destroy the Rams season after the Super Bowl run. That’s a long season with the playoffs added in. I could see it possibly affecting their older players next year.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
49er fans are starting to turn on Shanahan. Quite a few are saying they need a better coach. The fan and media pressure made them fire Wilks. Would one more playoff failure cause them to fire Shanahan? Sure would be funny if he coached another team and won a championship while the 49ers mire in mediocrity with the wrong coach.
It's a kind of 'devil you know' scenario. Many Ram fans wanted Morris gone every season despite his coaching a SB winning defense ("it was Staley's defense") and getting all he did from the youngsters this year ("see, he under achieved in 2022!!!"). I'm glad he got another shot as a HC but I really hope Shula has what it takes. How good were the niners prior to Shanahan? Once Young was rendered permanently dizzy, they got to 5 post seasons in 18 years (99-2016). Shanahan has got them to 4 in 7. I dislike him because he's the niners head coach and I'd be happy if they got rid of him. His teams are a pain in the ass!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You GOT this, 49’ers!

lol-falling.gif

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Actually it worked that way for a while, the Cowboys lost to the Colts and then came back to beat the Dolphins, who then came back the following year to beat the Redskins. However, that is the last time it happened I believe.
I believe that was long before the salary cap.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rat boy is starting to look like an awesome career OC.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, he finally scored in the 4th quarter. Still blew another ten point lead though. Twice to KC and once to the Rams.

oldnotdead

Legend
I don't care if SF keeps Shanahan for years. It's nice to have a team you don't like or respect to compete with. I don't particularly like the Seahawks but don't hate them either. I dislike the Cardinals even though I live here in AZ. I've never liked the Cards.

Shanahan simply makes it easier to dislike the Niners. But if he were to lose another SB he's definitely gone. I don't see them making another bowl appearance for a few years at best. IMO this is their last shot with a loaded roster. Then it's multiple years of rebuild time. I think if the Niners don't make the SB or even the playoffs it might be the end of Shanahan in SF. He's facing a much improved Rams and a probably improved Seahawks team this year. With a top heavy roster, a couple of injuries and they could be in trouble. Their OL isn't as good as it has been in the past as well and likely will have a new LT. Their center position is also a weakness. Shelton is better than their starting center.

They could easily struggle next year.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't care if SF keeps Shanahan for years. It's nice to have a team you don't like or respect to compete with. I don't particularly like the Seahawks but don't hate them either. I dislike the Cardinals even though I live here in AZ. I've never liked the Cards.

Shanahan simply makes it easier to dislike the Niners. But if he were to lose another SB he's definitely gone. I don't see them making another bowl appearance for a few years at best. IMO this is their last shot with a loaded roster. Then it's multiple years of rebuild time. I think if the Niners don't make the SB or even the playoffs it might be the end of Shanahan in SF. He's facing a much improved Rams and a probably improved Seahawks team this year. With a top heavy roster, a couple of injuries and they could be in trouble. Their OL isn't as good as it has been in the past as well and likely will have a new LT. Their center position is also a weakness. Shelton is better than their starting center.

They could easily struggle next year.
I dislike most of the other 31 teams. I could go over them team by team but it's easier to point out the teams I don't dislike. Detroit, even before Stafford left and Goff arrived. I'm just a sucker for the abused. And they've been abused in that division forever. The Chargers, the Chiefs before they became dominant, sometimes Miami and Buffalo and Cleveland, another team abused by the rest of the NFL. I don't root for any of them as a rule. I just don't dislike them.

Shanahan's future depends on if/when they get back to the SB. If it's right away and they lose, he might be gone. If it's a few years down the road, it might get him another reprieve. If he doesn't get back in the next 5 years, he's probably gone.

I think the Rams showed if you bite the bullet, it doesn't take multiple years. It also helps if you call it something other than that. Remodel was inventive.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny that the 49ers were a mere 4th down stop away from winning the Superbowl and yet this whole thing could be blown out of proportion. Love to see it

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Funny that the 49ers were a mere 4th down stop away from winning the Superbowl and yet this whole thing could be blown out of proportion. Love to see it
Makes me wonder how things might have gone differently if Donald doesn't pressure Burrow on 4th-and-1. Don't merely mean Different in the Game but different for the Rams' Organization, fans, media perception and even their legacy.

It's why I have posted several times on how beautifully, wonderfully and absolutely Brutal the 49ers (So Close) Failures have impacted their organization, fan-base, the media perception and their recent legacy.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Makes me wonder how things might have gone differently if Donald doesn't pressure Burrow on 4th-and-1. Don't merely mean Different in the Game but different for the Rams' Organization, fans, media perception and even their legacy.

It's why I have posted several times on how beautifully, wonderfully and absolutely Brutal the 49ers (So Close) Failures have impacted their organization, fan-base, the media perception and their recent legacy.

Like I mentioned. AD on third down was flinging Jimmy G around and he tossed it up for a game winning pick in the NFCCG.

Then in the Super Bowl, he stops the run on 3rd and 1 with basically an arm tackle then on 4th and 1, he flings Burrow around and causes an incompletion.

Bosa whiffed on Mahomes and that allowed Mahomes to toss the game winner. Whatever the Rams pay AD, it's worth every cent.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Like I mentioned. AD on third down was flinging Jimmy G around and he tossed it up for a game winning pick in the NFCCG.

Then in the Super Bowl, he stops the run on 3rd and 1 with basically an arm tackle then on 4th and 1, he flings Burrow around and causes an incompletion.

Bosa whiffed on Mahomes and that allowed Mahomes to toss the game winner. Whatever the Rams pay AD, it's worth every cent.

Well Imo signing Hoecht is not important.Actually don’t know his status,but after this last season I consider him a poor teams Nick Bosa.Meaning he will make big plays & gives good hustle.If you look at his speed & get off it lacks immensely.The thing is his contract & knowledge brings serious value to The Rams.

I also think Byron Young has a lot of upside.He just started to really just let it loose in the 2nd part of the season.It’s hard to get that feeling on when to attack a QB & when to contain a play.There are different was of doing it as well.

There are 3 rookies also that should develop besides Turner & Young. So Bosa is going to cost the 9ers in talent.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think the real sliding doors moment was the dropped interception in the Championship game.

Snooping Sliding Doors GIF by The Garcías

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Then in the Super Bowl, he stops the run on 3rd and 1 with basically an arm tackle

Just one thing.
On the third-down run stop ... it was Donald and Gaines. They each got an arm around the RB, taking him down together. Primary angle makes it difficult to see Gaines but there is a replay angle that shows his impact on that critical play.

Another example of the horrible play-calling by Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth who made it seem like a one-arm Aaron Donald tackle. Greg Gaines was crucial to that run-stop that set-up the 4th down.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I think the most amazing thing about SB56 was the Bengals didn't hold Donald once! :wow2:Even more amazing, they didn't have but 2 penalties in the first 58:30. A personal foul smack in the face after the whistle and a player in civies celebrating in the end zone on their first TD. Man, they played a clean game!! :sur: