Signs That The Whiners Implode Next Season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Good Article. The article states that rat boy and the whiners are showing cracks and why they could implode.

Aiyuk hinting he might not be back.

Feliciano blaming a teammate

When the team has a culture where the players don't trust each other, or blame each other, it's a problem.

Rat boy firing the DC after they were ranked in the top 3. In essence, not taking responsibility as the head man. (We know McVay would have said the blame was on him)

Let's hope the implosion is on.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Where's the fuckin credit bill??? When's that shit due?!?!?!

roman-reigns-wwe-roman-reigns-laugh.gif

oldnotdead

Legend
I am not surprised. That's the sound of their window slamming shut. If I were Staley I wouldn't want a unit that is whining and playing the blame game.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't know if they're going to implode, though it would be fun to watch. A sign they won't be back is no NFC team in the history of the SB has returned the next year following a loss. The last NFC team to return was Seattle a decade ago. And 17 years before them Green Bay but both won the first time around. But the biggest reason they won't be back is we're gonna go.....and kick their asses in the process.

oldnotdead

Legend
They miss the point. Having the talent is only part of the equation. They need to be truly a team in all that implies. This is showing the poor culture of the team. It's nothing more than a bunch of inflated egos playing together, nothing more. The Rams have a true culture with them having each other's back. Every true winner has that type of culture.

Shanahan for all of his organizational skills and technical expertise doesn't have the personal skills to cultivate a truly winning culture in SF. Will he learn from this? He hasn't shown it. The team is a reflection of their coach. He still blames others. OK, maybe he had the wrong DC. But he hired him, didn't he? If anyone is to blame it's Kyle for making a bad decision. His coordinator was simply being who he was.

Therein lies the crux of the basic underlying cause, of why the Niners struggle to close the deal, i.e. win that Lombardi. They can't afford to hold this roster together much longer. IMO the Yorks were willing to spend the money because they saw the opportunity for two quick Lombardi's. Now they have zero to show for the expenditure. By 2025 their roster will return to earth. IMO if Shanahan can't get his team into the SB at the very least much less win it, then his job must be in jeopardy. If he can't win a Lombardi with this level of roster talent, he's not going to. Spending that kind of money to sustain a roster like they have is unsustainable. In 2025 their roster will return to earth.
This year is their last real shot at a Lombardi but again IMO they must shed talent to get under the cap or they must kick that can down the road for a year with restructures with no guarantee of success.

Staley must understand this. Does he tie his career to a HC on the ropes? If he's desperate enough perhaps he does. I think a lot will depend upon Wilks being able to land a quality position this year. If he does then Staley might be inclined to do so. Regardless this is a HC in crisis and both he and the team know it.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm patiently waiting for the team to implode. But there were some stories indicating that they will be 3m below the salary cap and have the best roster so don't really need to sign anyone new. Yeah there's the Ah-Puke story but wasn't that similar to what we were hoping for last year with Dweebo? Ah-Puke may end up staying like Dweebo did. According to these stories much of the players will be back. I'm sick of seeing them in the top 5 since a couple years ago and just want them to go away. Unfortunately they are a persistent resilient bunch and I'm not holding my breath to see any big loss of personnel. But G-damn them every time they lose a DC they get another one to replace who does just as well.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm patiently waiting for the team to implode. But there were some stories indicating that they will be 3m below the salary cap and have the best roster so don't really need to sign anyone new. Yeah there's the Ah-Puke story but wasn't that similar to what we were hoping for last year with Dweebo? Ah-Puke may end up staying like Dweebo did. According to these stories much of the players will be back.

Unfortunately, the 49ers really are NOT in bad shape for 2024. They're not in great shape either; and may not be able to make many expensive additions but they probably don't need to move anyone they want to retain.

The two best salary cap sites lay it out pretty well.

Some guys have referred to Over-the-Cap and a chart that shows what each team can do to increase its cap. This is a very limited chart, in my opinion, because it does simple math (salaries-to-bonus) to create immediate cap space but it does not show the actual players and contracts. Some are much better restructure candidates than others because of age and contract length.

Per to the Restructure Potential Chart through 'Simple Restructures" the Rams can get to $72M of cap space.
The same chart on OTC has the 49ers (through Simple Restructures) able to get to $98M of cap space.

I don't expect either team to get anywhere near those numbers.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, the 49ers really are NOT in bad shape for 2024. They're not in great shape either; and may not be able to make many expensive additions but they probably don't need to move anyone they want to retain.

The two best salary cap sites lay it out pretty well.

Some guys have referred to Over-the-Cap and a chart that shows what each team can do to increase its cap. This is a very limited chart, in my opinion, because it does simple math (salaries-to-bonus) to create immediate cap space but it does not show the actual players and contracts. Some are much better restructure candidates than others because of age and contract length.

Per to the Restructure Potential Chart through 'Simple Restructures" the Rams can get to $72M of cap space.
The same chart on OTC has the 49ers (through Simple Restructures) able to get to $98M of cap space.

I don't expect either team to get anywhere near those numbers.
Yeah I'm just tired of heavily relying on other NFC teams who don't seem to be improving (Eagles) to consistently knock their ass out. Having an NFC team unable to beat them this year sucked because I don't even like seeing them in a SB. AFC handled them quite nicely... Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Chiefs. Need more of that in our conference. Gotta push their heads down into the toilet for a count of 10.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think they have one year left with this roster. They'll probably find a way to push money down the road and sigh Aiyuk. But they will likely be facing what we faced the following year. Except they won't do as well as we did building back into a playoff team.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rat Boy lost his nerve is what they are saying on the Grant Cohn pod cast. :clown:owned:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't know if they're going to implode, though it would be fun to watch. A sign they won't be back is no NFC team in the history of the SB has returned the next year following a loss. The last NFC team to return was Seattle a decade ago. And 17 years before them Green Bay but both won the first time around. But the biggest reason they won't be back is we're gonna go.....and kick their asses in the process.

Actually the Dallas Cowboys did, losing SB V and winning SB VI.

But the 49ers won’t pull it off for sure.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
49er fans are starting to turn on Shanahan. Quite a few are saying they need a better coach. The fan and media pressure made them fire Wilks. Would one more playoff failure cause them to fire Shanahan? Sure would be funny if he coached another team and won a championship while the 49ers mire in mediocrity with the wrong coach.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

Good Article. The article states that rat boy and the whiners are showing cracks and why they could implode.

Aiyuk hinting he might not be back.

Feliciano blaming a teammate

When the team has a culture where the players don't trust each other, or blame each other, it's a problem.

Rat boy firing the DC after they were ranked in the top 3. In essence, not taking responsibility as the head man. (We know McVay would have said the blame was on him)

Let's hope the implosion is on.
Yeah being a Rams fan makes it easy to spot glaringly bad culture in other teams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually the Dallas Cowboys did, losing SB V and winning SB VI.

But the 49ers won’t pull it off for sure.
Actually it worked that way for a while, the Cowboys lost to the Colts and then came back to beat the Dolphins, who then came back the following year to beat the Redskins. However, that is the last time it happened I believe.