Should this hit be penalised?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know nothing was said on game day, but I've only just seen the hit. I didn't realise you could tackle by using the top of your helmet to hit the opposition in the middle of their sternum.

Surely, there should be some post-game evaluation on the non-call by the zebra's here - I'm sure if it would have been a Ram hitting ARod, he'd have been ejected from the playing field!

PS. Apologies if this has already been posted in another thread.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW. Props to Foles for actually continuing playing after such a hit! Respect man, respect...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Absolutely it should have been penalized! I even mentioned to my fiancee at the time no call was made that I expect Matthews will be fined after the fact.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
If that were Laurinaitus spearing Rodgers even half as hard, it wouldn't have been a penalty, fine and a suspension.

Am I wrong?

V3

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm going to have to say it should have at least been a penalty and at least a fine.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Didn't even wrap up, just went straight with the helmet. That's clearly targeting. should be a LARGE fine.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many times have we seen Quinn or Sims or Hayes get penalized for "touching" the QB on the helmet or the facemask? Anyone remember when Brockers sacked jay Cutler and got called for a penalty? Brockers didn't even lead with his helmet!!! It was a perfect tackle/sack, yet our guys are constantly getting penalized. This kind of stuff really pisses me off!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PS... and Fisher needs to be vocal about this!!! He needs to show he's got his quarterback's back (no pun intended) and it also shows that the RAMS aren't gonna take this BS anymore!!! Maybe we'll see a few calls go our way once the officials are aware of it!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, that's a penalty. Said it during the game. Matthews also hit Foles in the head later on.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I think you have to prove and stick it to AR the same way before the game is over.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That is THE DEFINITION of a personal foul. Seeing it again is making me LIVID!! FUCK THAT STEROIDAL HEADED PUSSY!! If that had been JL hitting Brady, the Rams organization would have been dissolved by the league....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Even if it did not draw a flag in the game it should be drawing a fine

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Said it then and it is just as clear now. That is spearing and intentionally so. That should be a fine and suspension. And I agree, Fish needs to make some hay out of this for future calls. We can't continue to get this kind of shit reffing in our games.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If that were Laurinaitus spearing Rodgers even half as hard, it wouldn't have been a penalty, fine and a suspension.

Am I wrong?

The thing is Laurinaitus wouldn't have done such a dirty tackle...