PREGAME Shehawks at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jacobs just put up over 300 combined yards against the hags.

With the state of this team McVay should have them running the ball 40 times a game. Supposedly it is easier for the OL so why wouldn’t you try that approach?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Raiders have more then traffic cones run blocking for them.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Raiders have more then traffic cones run blocking for them.
Everyone says OL would rather run block than pass-pro. If McVay would commit to it and give them a chance to get some momentum maybe they’d survive.

It can’t get much worse than the last game. I don’t even think KC was trying all that hard.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Our OL can't move anyone, much less get in anyones way. Why do we continue to run it up the gut right INTO the traffic? Would it kill us to try a couple tosses OUTSIDE??? I see other teams gaining 6+ yards every run play. We are lucky to get positive yards most of the time.

Honestly... It's not just the OL. It's the telegraphing of the run plays, the lack of creativity and plain inability of the runners to get positive yards. I saw Cam break out for a decent run last week and he just casually ran out of bounds when he could have cut inside and fought for some more yardage. There's just no fight in a lot of these dudes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

We could possibly muster a run game against Seattle, particularly if Perkins is doing some designed runs.

We should be able to stop their run. We are good there, they are struggling of late there.

But… Geno has looked good. If you watch that video he looks comfortable. He’s going to be tough.

oldnotdead

Legend
Honestly... It's not just the OL. It's the telegraphing of the run plays, the lack of creativity and plain inability of the runners to get positive yards. I saw Cam break out for a decent run last week and he just casually ran out of bounds when he could have cut inside and fought for some more yardage. There's just no fight in a lot of these dudes.

Preaching to the choir here .... I totally agree with the highlighted part. Case in point, why continue to use Skowronek as a FB when they have Carter who played FB in college? He also showed decent hands as a receiver. With Skow they won't honor the run for two reasons. His blocking doesn't scare anyone so they continue to play pass first. That's why play action with Skowronek as FB doesn't work. But with Carter, they can run a few times and then hit them with the play action pass. Nine times out of 10 Carter won't be accounted for as a receiver once he executes the play action. He's the dump off option.

McVay's run plays are high school level stuff. With Gurley, it was outside zone left and outside zone right. With Henderson it was inside zone or power with no lead blocker....C'mon man. I don't care if they show run with a FB, then it becomes a matter of execution. But I guarantee it will make the play action better. Why do you think the Niners play a FB? It forces the D to honor the run first, slowing down the pass rush, and forcing the secondary to play zone. It holds the safeties for an extra second as they need to account for the run. A double move on the boundary should be open.

One piece of good news is they get Nsekhe back which is why McVay is going with Wolford. It's all a matter of who they will play at LG. Skura sucks ass, they should play Thomas at LG. Why Sean is going with Wolford doesn't make sense. He's taking away half of their yardage on the ground.

Sounds like it will be Jefferson at X, with Powell/Harris Y and Tutu Z.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just have a bad feeling that Petey boy is looking to take out 5 years of frustration on the team Sunday
I want to be positive but frankly cant see it