Shaun Hill before he came to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Rams win out, we may be hearing a lot more of that.

Me? No way. I would keep Bradford if possible and sign Hill to a nice 2 year to help train up a rookie and Bradford and as an excellent backup.

If you start Hill and he gets hurt what have you got? This coming season is the one you simply can't not have a line of QBs.

The other side of the coin is if he wins out, can we even stop him from leaving and being a #1 somewhere?
Well, of course we can stop him..(Hill) For one, isn't he under contract through next year? Also, if he is THAT good, we sign him to a good deal. We should have money after getting Sam to take a restructured deal, or his outright release. I like Sam, but I don't trust his health. Shaun Hill might get hurt too, but thats why we probably keep Davis and a 2nd or 3rd QB behind the highly drafted rookie. The Bradford era, is over for me...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Like @Thordaddy posted in another thread...I would bring back Hill with the caveat that he comes back in the best shape of his life. He'll be 35 and if wants to be the number one or challenged a rehabbing Bradford, he needs to showcase his total commitment while realizing he is not a young as he used to be.

I like Hill and he is very steady and does not panic, but he has some huge challenges coming up against defensive in Arizona & Seattle facing the likes of to upper echelon coordinators in Todd Bowles and Dan Quinn plus Pete Carroll as well so before I totally pass judgment I want to see how he handles the final three games especially within the division.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Mike Martz on Shaun Hill: “I underestimated his ability” in San Francisco

Should have started all season.

Great with a weak O line.

The only guy I under-estimated in my career. ( I disagree, he underestimated Warner)

Advice for Schotty? Trust Shaun Hill. I guess they didn't hear this.

I can't but help thinking Fisher did the same thing and is having regrets right about now.

View: https://soundcloud.com/101sports/mike-martz-on-shaun-hill-i

I thought it was Vermeil who underestimated Warner and wanted Paul Justin. Hard to believe that the GSOT has been so long ago that the little details are getting fuzzy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I thought it was Vermeil who underestimated Warner and wanted Paul Justin. Hard to believe that the GSOT has been so long ago that the little details are getting fuzzy.

I don't know. I remember Martz pinning a $50 bill on the bulletin board and telling Warner he could have it if he ever learned to throw a spiral. o_O

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Like @Thordaddy posted in another thread...I would bring back Hill with the caveat that he comes back in the best shape of his life. He'll be 35 and if wants to be the number one or challenged a rehabbing Bradford, he needs to showcase his total commitment while realizing he is not a young as he used to be.

I like Hill and he is very steady and does not panic, but he has some huge challenges coming up against defensive in Arizona & Seattle facing the likes of to upper echelon coordinators in Todd Bowles and Dan Quinn plus Pete Carroll as well so before I totally pass judgment I want to see how he handles the final three games especially within the division.

I'd be fine if we stood pat with the guys we have and Bradford AND a high draft choice and let em compete,but like you said I'd want Hill to know his off season need to be more rigorous . Having been 35 and competing in a few sports I know both how easy it is to try to let experience be your ace in the hole, but sooner or later being out of shape will cost you and going against the monsters that rush the passer, you need every advantage you can avail yourself of.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'd be fine if we stood pat with the guys we have and Bradford AND a high draft choice and let em compete,but like you said I'd want Hill to know his off season need to be more rigorous . Having been 35 and competing in a few sports I know both how easy it is to try to let experience be your ace in the hole, but sooner or later being out of shape will cost you and going against the monsters that rush the passer, you need every advantage you can avail yourself of.

How do you know he's out of shape and doesn't have a rigorous workout? Because he's carrying a few extra pounds at 35?

I haven't read that anywhere. Is that an assumption or do you have a source?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't know. I remember Martz pinning a $50 bill on the bulletin board and telling Warner he could have it if he ever learned to throw a spiral. o_O

Well, Warner did throw the most accurate wobble ball in NFL history. I'd bet that money is still there. I remember one time watching him go deep and hitting a WR right in stride, perfect location. But had there been any duck hunters around they'd have opened fire.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Hey dude, I missed that and I'm concerned. How do you know he's out of shape and doesn't have a rigorous workout? Because he's carrying a few extra pounds at 35?

I haven't read that anywhere. Is that an assumption or do you have a source?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, Warner did throw the most accurate wobble ball in NFL history. I'd bet that money is still there. I remember one time watching him go deep and hitting a WR right in stride, perfect location. But had there been any duck hunters around they'd have opened fire.

Trust. It's the same reason Braford will light up the skies next season.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

And WR's all said it was the most catchable ball imaginable. I can't recall which one said something along the lines of it "feathered" into your hands or something to that effect.

Warner was different than accurate. He had rare precision.

rams2050

Starter
I don't think Martz under-estimated Warner, other than to think that he was 'washed up,' so to speak, after his hand problems. I think that he was trying to motivate him to do even better (which hardly seems possible when one reflects on Kurt's total body of work).

I am so glad Kurt had the chance to come back and prove his detractors (one of whom I had been) wrong. I know he was not that great for a while, but, boy, did the greatness return -- and in spades!

Long live King Kurt == our sole Rams' Super Bowl-winning QB!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't think Martz under-estimated Warner, other than to think that he was 'washed up,' so to speak, after his hand problems. I think that he was trying to motivate him to do even better (which hardly seems possible when one reflects on Kurt's total body of work).

I am so glad Kurt had the chance to come back and prove his detractors (one of whom I had been) wrong. I know he was not that great for a while, but, boy, did the greatness return -- and in spades!

Long live King Kurt == our sole Rams' Super Bowl-winning QB!!

Yeah, too bad they never let that hand heal properly. Still, in a way I'm glad he left. No way he gets back to the SB with the Rams that Bulger had to play with. Dude deserved success.

I wonder if they still have that $50? That would be a cool memento.