Seeing ghosts and sunsets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Jets made a mistake allowing Darnold to be miked up against Pats. To their credit they’re saying they won’t let that happen again. Gase came out and criticized ESPN for showing it.

Funny thing. When Fisher and his lackey coaches threw Goff under the bus with that sun sets in the west thing, no one blamed Fisher. To make matters worse, Fisher was on TV recently saying how Goff didn’t know it, throwing him under the bus again.

I blamed Fisher when it happened and feel even more strongly now that Fisher is a dirtbag. He gets the good old boy treatment from many in the national media. I find that despicable.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Jets made a mistake allowing Darnold to be miked up against Pats. To their credit they’re saying they won’t let that happen again. Gase came out and criticized ESPN for showing it.

Funny thing. When Fisher and his lackey coaches threw Goff under the bus with that sun sets in the west thing, no one blamed Fisher. To make matters worse, Fisher was on TV recently saying how Goff didn’t know it, throwing him under the bus again.

I blamed Fisher when it happened and feel even more strongly now that Fisher is a dirtbag. He gets the good old boy treatment from many in the national media. I find that despicable.
I don’t think that was a big deal.
It was funny. Goff said it.
I doubt any coach would want cameras around.
Teams make decisions based on marketing and not football too often.
It’s just the NFL version of reality tv.
They “create” story lines through editing to make it entertaining.
Being micd up was the least of Darnolds problems. His OL was offering no protection and the guy was clearly afraid of the pass rush.
He can expect a steady diet of blitzes until he learns to stand in pocket. Or run. But doing what he was doing is the worst.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Max..........Goff said that on Hard Knocks.

It's almost all staged, it's the NFL's "reality show". It's as "real" as Jersey Shore was.

Goff is a native of California.......and is not a dumb kid. He knows where the sun sets.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's almost all staged, it's the NFL's "reality show". It's as "real" as Jersey Shore was.

Goff is a native of California.......and is not a dumb kid. He knows where the sun sets.

ive heard Goff say he’s tired of hearing it from people. He didn’t like that it happened. The national media was all over it, calling him stupid. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not crazy about people laughing and calling me stupid.

The point here is Fisher set his rookie QB up to be laughed at instead of supporting him through his early learning stage.

I’ve talked to Vinny about this and he said Goff didn’t appreciate how Fisher and his coaches handled it. He didn’t feel supported by them, instead he felt betrayed. Vinny was very vocal that Fisher should be fired in 2016, and the Goff treatment was part of it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
ive heard Goff say he’s tired of hearing it from people. He didn’t like that it happened. The national media was all over it, calling him stupid. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not crazy about people laughing and calling me stupid.

The point here is Fisher set his rookie QB up to be laughed at instead of supporting him through his early learning stage.

I’ve talked to Vinny about this and he said Goff didn’t appreciate how Fisher and his coaches handled it. He didn’t feel supported by them, instead he felt betrayed. Vinny was very vocal that Fisher should be fired in 2016, and the Goff treatment was part of it.

OK well my point is that it's staged. Not real.

It's like being upset about an actors line in a TV show.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
OK well my point is that it's staged. Not real.

It's like being upset about an actors line in a TV show.

yeah, except Fisher was on TV recently adamant that as he said “Jared really didn’t know it!”

assuming it was staged, why wouldn’t Fisher say it was all staged. Instead, he threw more shade at Goff.

that my friend is a dirt bag.

and I get that a lot of us are so over Fisher, but I’m just drawing the contrast here with The Jets and Darnold.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
zFVprsS.gif

jjab360

Legend

He knows now. But he didn't at the time, why would he lie about that? He's not an actor and nobody was feeding him lines.

Not that it matters or has anything to do with being a good football player.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gase is an abject disaster in NY.
I hope they are smart enough to get rid of him after the season because he has no chance to make it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
yeah, except Fisher was on TV recently adamant that as he said “Jared really didn’t know it!”

assuming it was staged, why wouldn’t Fisher say it was all staged. Instead, he threw more shade at Goff.

that my friend is a dirt bag.

and I get that a lot of us are so over Fisher, but I’m just drawing the contrast here with The Jets and Darnold.

I don't know if he was being serious.........how could he not know Goff would know that.

He knows now. But he didn't at the time, why would he lie about that? He's not an actor and nobody was feeding him lines.

Not that it matters or has anything to do with being a good football player.

That show is staged, so they do get "lines" and they are asked to do silly shit.

He grew up watching sunsets. He knows.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Ok. I'm done blowing off steam about Fisher.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Does anybody know where to find a clip of that segment? I haven't seen it. I'm just not believing that the dude legitimately was asked in a way that was clear, obvious, and not prone to fudgery and then he answered with a truthful and honest report on his knowledge of the sun.

As an example of what I'm talking about, I was in a rush to make lunch at work a couple months ago and made Mac and cheese in one of those prepackaged microwavable cups. But I didn't add water and burnt the crap out of it. One of my coworkers walked into the breakroom and asked what happened. I responded, "I tried to make mac and cheese but apparently you have to add water to it."

And she looks at me dead serious and says, "Oh my. Did you really not know that? I know some people don't know how to cook. I'm not judging you or anything." If cameras had been rolling and they cut that scene up at the right time, I'd look like a serious idiot. I mean, I don't look that smart as it is but I'm not quite that stupid.

I believe a similar thing happened here.

Also, and far less important, what did Darnold say that was so bad?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hard Knocks is the reason Goff is seen in such a negative light. The way he was portrayed made him look like a young kid that had no business leading men.

I hated that show so much. It was the first time I had ever watched it and thought it was so contrived and unbelievable.

They set Goff up to look like a doofus. And the coaches were more then happy to help them. Especially that sunset segment. Fuck you qb coach. He's so shit I don't even remember his name. And Bore-us, fuck you too. He had no right to teach a rookie qb to run a nfl offense. Especially his shit one.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Gase is an abject disaster in NY.
I hope they are smart enough to get rid of him after the season because he has no chance to make it.

who gives a shit about the Jets? That has nothing to do with the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
who gives a shit about the Jets? That has nothing to do with the Rams.
Tell it to the OP, he led with this: