Seattle's left tackle out for season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm kind of with @BatteringRambo ... the NFCW door seems to be cracked open.

I am not making this leap strictly based on an injury to Seattle's LT... but there seems a collection of small things happening that makes this year "feel considerably different".

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Guys. Guys. This is "Murphys Law".

Yeah. The Seacocks lose their left tackle and we offer them Pace Murphy for a 6th rounder and a couple sets of Solar Eclipse safety glasses.

…..

Legend
I was shocked that they still sent Wilson out there after Fant left the game

I love it. Quarterbacks needs reps. Besides, nobody can catch up to that little fucker when he's rolling out and not stuck in the pocket.

Related....our QB needs reps too.

…..

Legend
Selfishly, I want to see our starters play a lot in the preseason, but things like this show why it's a bad idea.

Offensively, you are right. We need to get these guys as much game time as possible. I'm on the fence as to whether or not it is wise. Seems to me like a risk worth taking at first glance. The rewards for being more prepared now instead in week 5 are immeasurable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I watched it and his own guy rolled him, just awful. This is where I draw the line I don't like to see any player go down with injury and Fant had worked his tail off, he was not a high pick and was about to get rewarded for his labor and now is injured by friendly fire. My heart goes out to the guy and I hope he's able to make a full recovery.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
As a football fan, and Rams fan - injuries are the shits. All I need to do is remind myself of 2009-2012 to think of the misery that comes with paper thin depth at any position and the cost of an injury.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
As a football fan, and Rams fan - injuries are the shits. All I need to do is remind myself of 2009-2012 to think of the misery that comes with paper thin depth at any position and the cost of an injury.
2011 was the worst. 10 corners went to IR that season. TEN!

fearsomefour

Legend
I watched it and his own guy rolled him, just awful. This is where I draw the line I don't like to see any player go down with injury and Fant had worked his tail off, he was not a high pick and was about to get rewarded for his labor and now is injured by friendly fire. My heart goes out to the guy and I hope he's able to make a full recovery.
Amen.
It's a drag for sure.
Guy earned his shot then this happens.
Also makes sense (to a degree) with Donald holding out.

Ram65

Legend
Sounds like a unlucky injury for Fant that no player should have to deal with.

Knock on wood the Rams get out of the preseason very healthy. The first team plays a quarter or little more tonight.They need the time on the field. They didn't get the running game going early last week. They had fumble problems too. Goff needs to get timing down with Watkins and the rest. It's a catch 22, damned if you do damned if you don't. The preseason games seem to follow the same pattern every year for starters and key players.

1 A series or two
2 A quarter or little more
3 Into second half 2.5 to 3 quarters of football
4 Not much if any for key players.

You make little adjustments depending on play. If the Rams come out sloppy and ineffective they should get offensive starters into the 2nd quarter.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
[QUOTE="Ram65,

1 A series or two
2 A quarter or little more
3 Into second half 2.5 to 3 quarters of football
4 Not much if any for key players.

You make little adjustments depending on play. If the Rams come out sloppy and ineffective they should get offensive starters into the 2nd quarter.[/QUOTE]

Great rundown, 65. Maybe you could shoot this out in a media blast so Rucillo knows when Goff is going to get benched again.
:unsure: