Seattle's left tackle out for season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm watching the Seahawks vs Vikings game and Seattle's LT George Fant had his leg rolled up on. He was in terrible pain and was carted off the field with what appeared to be a severe left knee injury. Definitive reports will probably confirm this soon.

Seattle's offensive line is already a weakness in their team but they did sign Luke Joeckel with experience at LT. Joeckel has been playing left guard but seems likely to transition over since backup option Rees Odhiambo is a joke in pass protection.

The Rams should be salivating over the opportunity to expose he holes in that unit. :boxing:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm watching the Seahawks vs Vikings game and Seattle's LT George Fant had his leg rolled up on. He was in terrible pain and was carted off the field with what appeared to be a severe left knee injury. Definitive reports will probably confirm this soon.

Seattle's offensive line is already a weakness in their team but they did sign Luke Joeckel with experience at LT. Joeckel has been playing left guard but seems likely to transition over since backup option Rees Odhiambo is a joke in pass protection.

The Rams should be salivating over the opportunity to expose he holes in that unit. :boxing:
Too bad one of the guys to take advantage of this is holding out and sitting around on his butt.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I watched (local broadcast) a visibly upset Left Tackle Fant carted off the field, an air cast on his injured leg.U can’t help but fear the worst for Fant.

RedRam

Pro Bowler

It's Fant's right leg but, either way, it's a serious blow to the Seahawks.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I was shocked that they still sent Wilson out there after Fant left the game

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll watch the replay later tonight but they still seem to be doing well looking at the score.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Too bad one of the guys to take advantage of this is holding out and sitting around on his butt.
That is absolutely horrible for Fant. Hoping nothing serious and a quick recovery.
Colts C out 1st game, Fant may be out. Donald potentially holding out when odds are lining up for him to have a record breaking season.
Donald tell your Agents to take a salary friendly deal ($50M guaranteed over next 4 years) and smile to the bank bruh. You're only going to get one chance to do this, don't miss out on your opportunity like so many of us have. YOU. ARE. DESTINED. FOR. GEEATNESS!

fearsomefour

Legend
I won't celebrate anyone not named Brady getting injured.
Maybe the Rams can trade them D Williams....you know, to help them out Wink wink.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'm still dumbfounded how they've managed since Okung's departure and we as Rams have suffered endlessly. All hail Whitworth I say!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Correct.

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed Friday night that LT George Fant (ACL) is done for the season.

Carroll called it a "significant" ACL injury, and suggested there may have been more ligament damage. The injury indeed looked brutal on the field. The Seahawks turned to sometimes guard Rees Odhiambo as their first-team left tackle in Fant's absence. They could also look at LG Luke Joeckel as a left guard alternative, or give un-retired free agent Branden Albert a phone call.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
.. The Colts are a mess, Redskins who knows, check back to our NFC West situation. I swear if there ever was Our clear opportunity!

Please fucking capitalize McVay and Company.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Selfishly, I want to see our starters play a lot in the preseason, but things like this show why it's a bad idea.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
That's not being selfish @jrry32.

Crazy how Joeckel went from a "franchise tackle" to a Seacocks outcast guard to now possibly back to (left) tackle. GRob and LAChamp in wholey matrimony.(nothing intended more sarcasm and too lazy for blue font).

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'll stop here but fuck the NFC West is ours, on paper...perfectly printed.

Deliver that route, Paperboy. Anyone remember that artist? I was 11 and hooked. Lol

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Apparently Carrol said it's an ACL and he will need surgery on hit. Done for the season.

Sucks that he got rolled up on like that. Literally nothing he could have done about it and now he's out for the year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Apparently Carrol said it's an ACL and he will need surgery on hit. Done for the season.

Sucks that he got rolled up on like that. Literally nothing he could have done about it and now he's out for the year.

Sucks. Hate to see those things.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Yeah .. I don't "wish" an injury like that on anyone. Do I look at it as an "opportunity" for us? Yes. Do I feel bad for the Seacocks TEAM? No. But ... I also know that this could happen to our own team at any given moment, and we know as fans how it can really bring down your season. Especially when not blessed with very good depth along our OL ... or DL.