Sean McVay treating Darrell Henderson like RB1, promises he won't play in preseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
John Kelly killed it in preseason, but only saw the field, 3 times I think, even when Gurley was injured. I love seeing depth guys do good in preseason, but even if they do good it never indicates if they will see the field in regular season.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I would make a hard push to get Hunt from the Browns. We have a great chance to win it all this year and with Akers likely never being the same after this injury Id give up a 2nd rounder for Hunt and sign him to an extension.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
FWIW, Rams are reportedly high on Jones.

Hell, they were planning on starting him vs Packers in the playoffs at one point.

I’ll say this and I say it with no dog in the hunt. Rams are gonna have a helluva camp battle for #2 RB, that’s for sure. Either one (or more) of these candidates jumps out or the Rams will go shopping.

One way or another the Rams will have a credible 1-2 punch at RB come September for their SB run.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I would make a hard push to get Hunt from the Browns. We have a great chance to win it all this year and with Akers likely never being the same after this injury Id give up a 2nd rounder for Hunt and sign him to an extension.
Browns already have let it be known that he isn't available.

If a move is made, one player to possibly keep in eye on, however, is LaMical Perrine. He was the Jets 4th rounder from last year. I remember seeing somewhere that the Rams may have had interest in him and the Jets with their new coaching staff did sign Tevin Coleman and draft North Carolna's Michael Carter this offseason.

Last edited:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Browns already have let it be known that he isn't available.

If a move is made, one player to possibly keep in eye on, however, is LaMical Perrine. He was the Jets 4th rounder from last year. I remember seeing somewhere that the Rams may have had interest in him and the Jets with their new coaching staff did sign Tevin Coleman and draft North Carolna's Michael Carter this offseason.

Everyone is available for the right price. But they may be asking to much. I believe he only has one year left on his deal and you know hes not gonna resign next year to play second fiddle to Chubb so they would be stupid not to trade him for a high pick.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If anyone may doubt Henderson, then they should watch last season all over. He was very effective. I still think it will be risky to not bring in a vet to add to the RB mix though. Henderson, Jones, ?
According to some Henderson is just a scrub. Regardless of his play.
I agree we need to add another back and I think Snead and company have been
busting their ass since the injury to find someone.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
I thought Henderson looked great when he was out there. It confused me when Akers came and did about the same if not better then Henderson.

Was the oline just doing good or do we have 2 pretty good RBs? I would rather see Henderson play in preseason but that’s why Mcv gets paid the big bucks.