Sean McVay is NFL's youngest coach to accomplish this feat in 80 years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_10484707.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 6 hours ago

Sean McVay has been the biggest reason for the Rams’ remarkable turnaround from last season. Despite having exactly zero experience as an NFL head coach prior to this year, he’s looked every bit like a veteran at the helm of L.A.’s resurgence.

He led the Rams to their 10th win of the season on Sunday by knocking off the Seahawks 42-7, giving them their first 10-win campaign since 2003. In doing so, he became the youngest head coach to win 10 games in his first season since 1937.

The Rams have a legitimate chance to win 12 games this year with the Titans and 49ers being their only remaining opponents. Coincidentally, the 49ers actually beat the Titans on Sunday to earn their fourth win of the year, while dropping Tennessee to 8-6.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If anything, he looks, and acts like a head coach. I've only, IMO, seem him make a few glaring mistakes this year, but they were only, in my opinion. I'd give him an A plus, so far, this year. It's a rare feat, IMO, because usually I'd see a few, or more, in one game. On top of that, he is not only the HC, but also our OC, and our play caller. The dude is way ahead of the curve, and on the upswing. I expect to disagree with several calls throughout a season. I may expect to disagree with fewer than that in upcoming seasons.

A - Plus. I hope he coaches in the B, to higher category in the playoffs. It's what I hope, and expect.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I love the way he takes blame for the teams failures but passes off credit to the players and his coaches. That's the sign of a true leader.. andd honestly the guy looks like he's special. The comparisons being thrown around shouldn't be taken lightly. Not many coaches get compared to the likes of Bill Walsh, John Madden, and Bill Belichick. Not many at all...

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I wonder if Madden was that great; he had the best roster in the game.....they couldn't beat Pittsburg, but one year in the playoffs....I don't know about him.

The best ever: Walsh, Gibbs, Belicheck had some things in common:
*System needed certain players and they got them; they didn't just get the 'best' player...they got the best 'fit'.
*they were great talent evaluators. Walsh, the best every. Bellyboy not far behind.
* Gibbs never really had a QB he could trust, except Theisman, who was already 32 years old or so in Gibbs 2nd year coaching. Rypien was a 1 year wonder, and Schroeader was traded, and Doug Williams was blahhhh. Without a great QB, Gibbs won 3 super bowls and playined in 4 in 12 years.

All opinion, mateys.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I wonder if Madden was that great; he had the best roster in the game.....they couldn't beat Pittsburg, but one year in the playoffs....I don't know about him.

The best ever: Walsh, Gibbs, Belicheck had some things in common:
*System needed certain players and they got them; they didn't just get the 'best' player...they got the best 'fit'.
*they were great talent evaluators. Walsh, the best every. Bellyboy not far behind.
* Gibbs never really had a QB he could trust, except Theisman, who was already 32 years old or so in Gibbs 2nd year coaching. Rypien was a 1 year wonder, and Schroeader was traded, and Doug Williams was blahhhh. Without a great QB, Gibbs won 3 super bowls and playined in 4 in 12 years.

All opinion, mateys.
McVay, surely seems to want, and tries to utilize all of the diverse talent that we have. I love that about him. He's not set in his ways either, he keeps trying to utilize new guys...love that too.

I wouldn't trade him for any coach.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
usatsi_10484707.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 6 hours ago

Sean McVay has been the biggest reason for the Rams’ remarkable turnaround from last season. Despite having exactly zero experience as an NFL head coach prior to this year, he’s looked every bit like a veteran at the helm of L.A.’s resurgence.

He led the Rams to their 10th win of the season on Sunday by knocking off the Seahawks 42-7, giving them their first 10-win campaign since 2003. In doing so, he became the youngest head coach to win 10 games in his first season since 1937.

The Rams have a legitimate chance to win 12 games this year with the Titans and 49ers being their only remaining opponents. Coincidentally, the 49ers actually beat the Titans on Sunday to earn their fourth win of the year, while dropping Tennessee to 8-6.
How old is @Riverumbbq baby now? Man, the years fly. I remember the baby from the SLPD.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How old is @Riverumbbq baby now? Man, the years fly. I remember the baby from the SLPD.

Baby ?
Yes, I did participate at RamStalk for many years, but I don't know about any babies being mentioned. I retired a few years back and turned 65 a month ago, so hopefully no babies show up anytime soon, ... i'm sure your'e thinking about someone else in that regard. :redcard:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Baby ?
Yes, I did participate at RamStalk for many years, but I don't know about any babies being mentioned. I retired a few years back and turned 65 a month ago, so hopefully no babies show up anytime soon, ... i'm sure your'e thinking about someone else in that regard. :redcard:
Whoops, sorry. Lol. Hey, if you did have one, major props! Maybe it was the baby mama???? JK. I'm drunk, never-mind me.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Other than the fact my girl just smacked me after reading that, i'm good. :LOL:
Again, my mistake, wink, wink.

Sure, I'm thinking about another riverrumBBQbaby. How could I be so stupid???

Serious, riverrumbbqmama, I'm just kidding...... Don't beat your man.
1ym356.jpg

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Him calling a timeout when things started to get chippy... and laying into the defense, but not losing his cool-- to me, that's a veteran head coach move. I mean the score was what, 40-0 at that point? But you can tell he values discipline with this team. You see it trickle down to the players, too, with Ogletree and Joyner talking to Quinn after his penalty.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's hard to count the years that I have longed to just get 8 wins from this team. Now, I look at the standings after the biggest gut stomping of the Hawks that I remember....From 4 wins to 10 wins and counting...double digit wins my friends...

Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
McVay, surely seems to want, and tries to utilize all of the diverse talent that we have. I love that about him. He's not set in his ways either, he keeps trying to utilize new guys...love that too.

I wouldn't trade him for any coach.
I would have to say that I would take him over Beli right now today...really.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, count me among the biggest of McVay fans.

We got Bill Walsh lucky with this young man, fellas. And he’s only gonna get better as he gains more experience.

We may be on the threshold of a dynasty here.

Gawd! I hope that the Rams are smart enough to keep both Snead and McVay in the fold for decades.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boomer Esiason just said on CBS radio this morning that McVay should be coach of the year hands down.

poLARizing

UDFA
And he still going through the process of learning from his mistakes. There were a few in some games this season where he got "cute" with the play calling. For example, the rock should've been handed to Gurley on 4th and inches vs a bootleg pass that resulted in an INT. Sometimes keeping it simple works. But even veteran coaches like Carroll (SB vs Pats) make those same mistakes. But as he progress with more games under his belt, McVay could be lethal mofo.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
And he still going through the process of learning from his mistakes. There were a few in some games this season where he got "cute" with the play calling. For example, the rock should've been handed to Gurley on 4th and inches vs a bootleg pass that resulted in an INT. Sometimes keeping it simple works. But even veteran coaches like Carroll (SB vs Pats) make those same mistakes. But as he progress with more games under his belt, McVay could be lethal mofo.

I agreed at the time, but if you rewatch the play, Higbee was open for a first down. If it works, nobody has anything to say, you know?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sean McVay has been the biggest reason for the Rams’ remarkable turnaround from last season.
Truth at last....
Madden was a very good coach...they had a really good team, but he was a damn fine coach too. He personally oversaw the building of the offensive line.

I still think most of his teams..and the Steelers were juiced....hell, maybe we were too. LOL
For example, the rock should've been handed to Gurley on 4th and inches vs a bootleg pass that resulted in an INT.
woooooo! I was pissed....4th and inches....and we pass...hell, I was NERVOUS about a possible QB sneak and Goff getting injured...then that play. PISSED!!!

But, he was giving his young QB a chance to put the first dagger in the heart of the beast...I can dig it...and respect it...Goff needs to find a way....or throw the ball away.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Truth at last....

I still think most of his teams..and the Steelers were juiced....hell, maybe we were too. LOL
woooooo! I was ticked....4th and inches....and we pass...hell, I was NERVOUS about a possible QB sneak and Goff getting injured...then that play. ticked!!!y.
Russ Bollinger from the Lions (I think I got the name right) late in his career was a utility OL for the Rams. He specifically said the Rams O line was NOT juiced, and that players like Slater, especially, were just big ol farm boys.

Newberry competed in shotputting--did he juice for that???and Harrah was a muscley guy with zero legs, so I don't think he juiced...but, maybe I am stupid. Pankey also looked big without muscles so much