Sean Mannion College Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Why not start him the last game of the year against the 49ers? We can't make the playoffs. Foles and Keenum aren't the answers going forward. The 49ers aren't good, so he will have an easier time of it. Game experience will be helpful in his development. I do not see the downside of giving him one start.

I agree. Let him play after a week of reps and not just in garbage time.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Although I doubt in any of Keenum's highlights you will hear a commentator say... "Keenum stands tall in the pocket."
Definitely not, but that is kind of my point. What type of QB would you rather have behind this OL...at this point in time?

Athos

Legend
Fool me once.

Or in Fishers case, fool me four times over.

If you wanna get hard over a Keenum performance he my guest. He fooled the Texans too before falling back down to mediocrity.

Start Mannion. Lemme see if he even has tools worth keeping around.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He was sitting on bench behind Nick Foles. That should answer this question right?
So his on field performance should just be thrown out since he was sitting behind the guy who got a contract extension and then got beaten down. Great logic

MountainRam

Rookie
So his on field performance should just be thrown out since he was sitting behind the guy who got a contract extension and then got beaten down. Great logic

We can all dice the number to suite us (like Vince Young is a good QB with 31-19 record). You look to choose the last 2 or 4 Keenum games. You are happy with Keenum. Lets keep walking

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Definitely not, but that is kind of my point. What type of QB would you rather have behind this OL...at this point in time?

images

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Had the coaches made a choice after the Green Bay game...a huge decision...to bench Foles. We'd have some valuable film on Keenum in this offense. Maybe shoulda sacked Cig too...Maybe Keenum makes Cigs plays work..Who knows? Anyway, those games would have allowed us to then switch to Mannion for at least 5-6 games if we were in a similar situation (not really in playoff hunt). Seems like we make QB moves too late and not aggressive enough sometimes, then last year, we were super aggressive in moving Davis into the starters role, then later to the backup role.

Mannion in SF is almost nothing to me...Mannion for the last 4-5 weeks would have been something. He was a much better QB in college than Foles.....Has done more in a pro-style system. He deserved a chance.