SeaHawks get another Ram coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Waldron was our "passing game coordinator." Yeah sure he was. Probably would have been terminated if he didn't get a job. Dickerson's an asst to Kromer. Neither of those hurt us at all tbh.

Only one that hurts is Staley. And it's gonna hurt seeing him create a Rams clone there for Spanos because I think he's going to be a really good head coach. I don't want to see Spanos' team win. Hate that he got this hire right.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Waldron was our "passing game coordinator." Yeah sure he was. Probably would have been terminated if he didn't get a job. Dickerson's an asst to Kromer. Neither of those hurt us at all tbh.

Only one that hurts is Staley. And it's gonna hurt seeing him create a Rams clone there for Spanos because I think he's going to be a really good head coach. I don't want to see Spanos' team win. Hate that he got this hire right.

Aubrey Pleasant: "Am I a joke to you?"

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Waldron lost out on the U of Kentucky OC position to Liam Coen. Yes, he interviewed for the same job as did his assistant, and the assistant got the gig.
That tells you a lot about this guy.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Pleasant shouldn't hurt us because of the DC hire.

He's still a hell of a defensive backs coach. Look at how well he coached guys like Williams and Hill.

I'm not saying Morris can't do it or that we can't replace him. I'm saying that he definitely is a huge loss as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's still a hell of a defensive backs coach. Look at how well he coached guys like Williams and Hill.

I'm not saying Morris can't do it or that we can't replace him. I'm saying that he definitely is a huge loss as well.
I didn't question his credentials. I just don't anticipate his loss would hurt us. Agree he's a heck of a coach. (y)

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
my god we are losing coaches left and right i hope its not because there is something wrong some where in the org.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The fact is if your losing coaches it is because your team was successful. I have no problem with it, they are usually being promoted to a higher position, which they deserve based on their body of work.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also, I'll never get your obsession with getting rid of Kromer, @oldnotdead . He's one of the best offensive line coaches in the game today, and one of the best we've had in this century.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
What in the hell is going on with the Rams, trying to get rid of Goff, letting our coaches go to the Seahawks, did everyone in the front office take stupid pills?

Memento

Name
Jemma
What in the hell is going on with the Rams, trying to get rid of Goff, letting our coaches go to the Seahawks, did everyone in the front office take stupid pills?

Hey-lo, Ewe. It's only Waldron and Andy Dickerson that have gone to Seattle. As for Goff, I'm waiting and seeing what the front office does. If they can get Deshaun Watson, it'll be awesome. If not...well, we'll see.

Ewe83

I see no scenario where getting rid of Goff is awesome, I'm still waiting too but I've never been this pissed off as a fan, I do not want Watson

tenor.gif

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
This is getting nuts. McVay is a good coach but there have been many better ones over the years, with more sustained success, that did not have their staff members poached like this.

I am starting to wonder if people just can't stand working with/under Sean McVay, and our guys leaving is just as much a function of them letting it be known in the industry that they are open to a change of employment, as it is a funcion of them actively being recruited...

Memento

Name
Jemma
I see no scenario where getting rid of Goff is awesome, I'm still waiting too but I've never been this pissed off as a fan, I do not want Watson

tenor.gif

Never been this pissed off? What about the lean years with Linehan and Spagnuolo? Or further back with Georgia?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These guys may be replaceable but I just don't like to see Rams coaches going to the Seahawks.
Yeah I get that. But these two guys... I mean they had to bring in O'Connell because Waldron couldn't handle OC. If Waldron was good that move wouldn't have needed to be made.

Seriously I would not sweat this. Seattle's offense is GONNA BE GOOD though. Because of the talent. And since they just brought Waldron in we don't have to worry about him making them great.

Ewe83

Never been this pissed off? What about the lean years with Linehan and Spagnuolo? Or further back with Georgia?

Those years were just depressing, but I hope y'all are ready cause it'll just be more of that if the Rams are really moronic enough to dump Goff

Memento

Name
Jemma
Those years were just depressing, but I hope y'all are ready cause it'll just be more of that if the Rams are really moronic enough to dump Goff

Even for Deshaun Watson? Ewe, I know you love Goff, but Watson is younger and better.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I am starting to wonder if people just can't stand working with/under Sean McVay, and our guys leaving is just as much a function of them letting it be known in the industry that they are open to a change of employment, as it is a funcion of them actively being recruited...
I think it’s mostly a function of young coaches, on a winning team, getting promotions