Schottenheimer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
"The guy is not capable of making a single in game adjustment or scheming a way to get his best playmakers the ball. He is the most predictable OC in the NFL right now."

Sound familiar?

WoodsideRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"The guy is not capable of making a single in game adjustment or scheming a way to get his best playmakers the ball. He is the most predictable OC in the NFL right now."

Sound familiar?

Some of those comments really hit home.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We've scored enough points to win at least 3 of our losses.
OC isn't our problem.
Oline and poor D play.

Fix those and we're not even talking about Shotty.

By the way, the Jets aren't exactly excelling without him. They've gotten worse.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In 1st 7 games, the Rams have scored 42 points in the 1st Quarter. They've come out sharp, efficient, and have gotten early leads.
In 1st 7 games, the Rams have scored 13 points in the 3rd Quarter. (Including 7 against Philly with on 3 sec left in the Q). They come out flat, unimaginative and clearly succeptible to halftime adjustments made by the opposition.
I cant defend him any more.

fancents86

Starter
The worst is when the momentum starts swinging towards the opposing team. If they make one big play, schotty immediately goes into conservative mode and abandons all creative play calling that got us the lead in the first place. And that continues until we lose.

A55VA6

Legend
If I was at the top of the Rams organization, this would be me to every coach:

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
What Dodgersrf said. It's Gregg Williams that I'm more concerned about.

This quote bothers me from that link. And I think it's the reason why he can hang on to jobs for so long.

"Sounds like typical Shotty. He will come back with a good game or 2 and then hit another funk. He is a middle of the road coordinator when he has great talent."

Having those great games gives false hope for the future.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Points per game rank.

2014 26th
2013 21st
2012 25th

Maybe he's the type of coordinator who needs everything to be perfect in order for him to get better results. We're not even a middle of the pack offense. Nor have been under his tenure.

I think he's good at scripting a few series. But he's not a good in game play caller in my opinion. And I'm skeptical of his player development. 175 lb wide receiver, 8th pick in the draft, and you're running him between the tackles? Only a matter of time before he's injured. Again.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
What really chaps my ass: when teams start dialing up the pressure in the second half of games, and the Rams don't even attempt a screen pass to counter the over-agressive D.

Speeps

Starter
"I didn't see this one coming," Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. "I can't explain it."

it's becoming habitual...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What Dodgersrf said. It's Gregg Williams that I'm more concerned about.
IMO, the defense has been showing improvement. The offense however ends up in the same rut, even though the QB changes, the OL changes, the RB changes, the WR changes.... etc... At some point there is a common denominator

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think Schotty's offense can be effective...but I don't think his offense fits the entire personnel have...especially our most talented players.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OC isn't our problem.
Oline and poor D play.

By the way, the Jets aren't exactly excelling without him. They've gotten worse.
A fact that hasn't changed since the days of Leather Helmets, To Win games, it all starts in the Trenches, on both sides of the ball!!

WoodsideRam

Rookie
IMO, the defense has been showing improvement. The offense however ends up in the same rut, even though the QB changes, the OL changes, the RB changes, the WR changes.... etc... At some point there is a common denominator

The only reason I’m giving Greg Williams a pass at this point is because of his track record. He has coached some very good defenses in this league at one time or another. I just feel like the problem with this defense is guys are still thinking too much. From what I’ve heard it’s a complex scheme. And I don’t know if we need to simplify things, or get smarter players to run it. Couple that with the injuries in the secondary, and Chris Long, and I’m still holding out hope that the defense will turn the corner at some point to keep the games tighter. Or eventually, dare I say, take over games? (would be nice)
Which brings me back to Schotty. I don’t get the feeling this offense will ever turn the corner with him at the helm. Not this year. Not next year. Not ever.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
OC isn't our problem.
Oline and poor D play.

Sure, there are others to blame as well. But, there should not be a single team in the NFL that should give up 7 sacks in a game if you make the proper adjustments. You also shouldn't completely flounder in the 2nd and third quarters. These are all Offensive coordinator problems.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
IMO, the defense has been showing improvement.

The Rams gave up:

34 points to the Vikings
17 points to the Bucs
34 points to the Cowboys
34 points to the Eagles
31 points to the 49ers
26 points to the Seahawks
34 points to the Chiefs

I don't see the improvement. Sure not every point was due to lousy defense. Turnovers and bad field position where responsible for some of those points. But in 3 of those games the D totally fell apart and caused us to lose. There's a definite problem there