Schottenheimer - through the screen darkly.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

scifiman

I don't really see an issue with this play depending on the situation. If it's 3rd and 20, obviously, it's not a good idea. But on a 2nd and 5 or a 3rd and 3...nothing particularly wrong with it. Pretty easy play for Sam. Based on the defensive alignment, you progress from right to left and it's a quick, timing based play.
I actually do not like it when you look at the routes the others are running which is making the defense go towards the guy who is the primary wr on the play. If they would actually drag the wr's on the left to the outside would give more space to run for the primary wr on the play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually do not like it when you look at the routes the others are running which is making the defense go towards the guy who is the primary wr on the play. If they would actually drag the wr's on the left to the outside would give more space to run for the primary wr on the play.

With the defensive alignment on that play, the primary WR is Pettis. It's a good play for an easy completion.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
To be fair I don't think Schottenheimer is the worst in the world. A 3rd year of understanding of what he actually has to work with and molding his playcalling/game plan around it should help.

I would really love to see that PA roll out where Quick ran 10 yards behind the LOS. That and the Rams training camp play leads me to think the author is being a bit flippant or joking with the whole thing. Who knows though, if that really happened though then that would completely end the discussion on why he hasn't seen the field that much.

If that had actually happened we would all pitch in for a plane ticket and send you to camp so you could dickpunch him and tell him how to run in the proper direction.