Schottenheimer Out Shanahan In Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even if the Rams trade for Glennon I want to see them draft a QB. Either trade up for one of the top two, or move down, accrue picks, and take a QB they think has a future in the NFL. They can easily go OL with the first pick after a small trade down, and then pray Petty is there in the second round. Or simply take him after the trade down and use the pick received to take another OL for depth.

Denver is going to be a problem in the draft IMO. They are going to be on the prowl for a QB and where they're picking is ideal for nabbing the guys who we would expect to go in the second round range. I know you have Petty later than I do, but barring a very poor pro day and/or problematic practices for the college all star games I don't think he gets by Denver.

Denver can have him. No chance I take Petty in the first or second round. I have him rated as a fourth rounder.

If I'm trading for Glennon, it's because I don't feel comfortable with the QB options I have.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
I like the draft I just have a few questions if you don't mind. Why would you want a new KR when Benny Cunningham was one of the top returners in the league? I'm not a huge fan of Glennon either and one of my major concerns with him is if he can't win the starting job on the worst team in the NFL what would make him play better for us in arguably the toughest division in football? Thx in advance.

WestCoastRam

Legend
jrry32, I gotta say, I'm warming to Glennon (mostly because I hate the QB class coming out) as an option at QB but I actually wonder if he's mobile enough to work well with Shanahan and all the waggles and bootlegs and moving pockets in his system.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32, I gotta say, I'm warming to Glennon (mostly because I hate the QB class coming out) as an option at QB but I actually wonder if he's mobile enough to work well with Shanahan and all the waggles and bootlegs and moving pockets in his system.

He's got enough mobility to do it. He's probably somewhere around Bradford in terms of mobility. Sam's got more top-end speed but he takes awhile to build up to it.