Schefter: Kelly Said Team Offered a 1st Round Pick for Bradford Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Betting the Iggles will be on the hook for all of that contract though.

No way a team trades a 1st for Bradford AND takes on his contract. I call horseshit. And double down on it.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns were willing to give their first round pick #12 for Sam Bradford...and the Eagles #20.

Rainram

Starter
Assuming we could have parted with Sam for 1st rounder...which no doubt would have been no higher than #19...and probably included NO other compensation....

The deal we currently have is better.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Betting the Iggles will be on the hook for all of that contract though.

No way a team trades a 1st for Bradford AND takes on his contract. I call horseshit. And double down on it.

NFL teams don't decide whether to eat salary in trades like they do in MLB.

The team that trades for him would be on the hook.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I think the offer came from the Rams. You get our first and fifth. We get your QB, our QB, your fourth this year and your second next year.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
They revealed the GM willing to give up a 1st:

B_1XMxnWAAEiEpq.jpg

And get 1st rounders for the next 5 years, plus Sam Bradford back and a year's supply of Pizza Hut (FUCK YOU PAPA JOHN'S).

Dumbest. Movie. Ever.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If true - has to be the Browns.

I think the Browns would definitely have made a play for him with one of their two picks considering their starting QB has left and the young QBOTF JFF is in rehab.... I'd take either #12 or #19 but the fact would have remained that we didn't have a QB so I guess Snisher have said Foles is as good as anyone coming out (we'd have had to give up too much to land Mariota perhaps).

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I would have taken #19 and Manziel - but I'm pretty sure I stand alone there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have taken #19 and Manziel - but I'm pretty sure I stand alone there.

So our best QB option is a guy presently in rehab that led his team to a grand total of 3 points in his 6 quarters as a starter last year? No thanks.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So our best QB option is a guy presently in rehab that led his team to a grand total of 3 points in his 6 quarters as a starter last year? No thanks.

Thats the guy.

I like how you at least made him our #1 option.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats the guy.

I like how you at least made him our #1 option.

His competition is Davis and Case Keenum...that ain't saying much. Then again, both guys outplayed him last year so it might be hasty even saying that.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Wouldn't you rather have Foles and a 2nd plus a 4th in this draft for our 5th??

No - but its not like the Browns trade was ever on the table. Manziel isn't as good right now as Foles - but he is signed for the next 4 years on the cheap - its a question of whether the Rams scouts really ever believed in him (as they said they did) and whether they still believe in him after seeing his trainwreck of a rookie season.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
No - but its not like the Browns trade was ever on the table. Manziel isn't as good right now as Foles - but he is signed for the next 4 years on the cheap - its a question of whether the Rams scouts really ever believed in him (as they said they did) and whether they still believe in him after seeing his trainwreck of a rookie season.

Yeah that's fair 12. It comes down to how highly you rate Manziel and his talent level. I personally don't think he's very good so that's why I wouldn't make that trade. If you're GM then of course you're entitled to do it and you gotta stand by your assessment of a player. We all see it differently!