Schefter: #22 up for sale

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Accourding to Schefter's twitter, the Rams are trying to trade down.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Rams' second-first round pick, No. 22 overall, clearly is for sale. STL looking to deal out of 22.

Just passing it along. I would love it if they could trade down out of there but I think EVERYONE is trying to trade down this year because of how weak it is. If there are all sellers and no buyers, you aren't going to get a good return for trading down.

jap

Legend
V3 said:
Accourding to Schefter's twitter, the Rams are trying to trade down.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Rams' second-first round pick, No. 22 overall, clearly is for sale. STL looking to deal out of 22.

Just passing it along. I would love it if they could trade down out of there but I think EVERYONE is trying to trade down this year because of how weak it is. If there are all sellers and no buyers, you aren't going to get a good return for trading down.

Some teams with multiple important needs, especially QB, may bite. They might use their early Round One pick on another position, then trade back into the bottom of Round One at #22 to snare another important pick for their team needs.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think that we are looking to tradeout of 22 because we want to recoup picks from our tradeup from 16. I say we're making a major push for Austin.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hope that if they trade it they get something in next years draft.....like another first rounder.

V3

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stranger said:
I think that we are looking to tradeout of 22 because we want to recoup picks from our tradeup from 16. I say we're making a major push for Austin.

I thought about that but I hope it's not true. There will be other players that will be good that will be available at 16 and players that are that small and short almost never do much. Even the best ones haven't been anything special.

<a class="postlink" href="http://ramblinfan.com/2013/03/15/st-louis-rams-2013-nfl-draft-a-case-against-tavon-austin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ramblinfan.com/2013/03/15/st-lou ... on-austin/</a>

I just can't get over his lack of height and weight- not at 16, at least. Seems like a HUGE risk to me. Even more risk than Patterson, IMO, if you go off history.

V3

Hall of Fame
TomSlick said:
I want a late first round and a second round pick for our 22...minimum.

Just make sure it's a first in next year's draft. This draft has the weakest first round I've seen in a long time. Polian said he thinks there's only 10 first round quality players in this draft, and if he's generous, that goes to 15. He said normally there are around 18-22 first round quality players in a draft.

paceram

Pro Bowler
LesBaker said:
I hope that if they trade it they get something in next years draft.....like another first rounder.

My thoughts exactly! With the Rams so tight on their salary cap and with the expectations that next year's draft will be much, much better why not trade their #22 for a 2014 1st Round pick (of course, I know they have to get another team to agree but a QB desperate team might just agree). Of course, if some player happens to fall to them that they really want then go ahead and draft him!

iced

V3 said:
Stranger said:
There will be other players that will be good that will be available at 16 and players that are that small and short almost never do much. Even the best ones haven't been anything special.

steve smith and desean jackson disagree.

never been anything special but yet Desean Jackson has the best play of all time...(return td vs giants for win)

V3

Hall of Fame
iced said:
V3 said:
Stranger said:
There will be other players that will be good that will be available at 16 and players that are that small and short almost never do much. Even the best ones haven't been anything special.

never been anything special but yet Desean Jackson has the best play of all time...(return td vs giants for win)

First, I'm talking about when looking at a career. Jackson can't stay on the field; something many people are concerned about with Austin at his size. Second, Jackson is taller. If you read the article it goes into detail about that. Give me an example of a player that's 5'8" that has been good. Give me an example of a player that 5'8" and weighs only 175 that was good in the NFL. You won't find any that had very good careers that weren't niche/role players.

My main point is that Austin isn't worth trading UP for.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:

I agree. That's the feeling I got. We are going to try to move up from 16 and down from 22.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I was concocting trade scenarios earlier...on how it would be great to trade up from 16 and down from 22.

Buffalo could be an interesting trade partner. Trade up from 16 coupled with our 2nd round pick. Take Tavon Austin.

Then trade down from 22 with Buffalo for their 2nd, 3rd, and a 2nd next year.

...after all, we're in the land of make-believe for a few more hours!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
iced said:
V3 said:
Stranger said:

I didn't actually say what I've been quoted as saying here.... think something must be wrong with the "
" formatting in the above post.

A55VA6

Legend
I agree with you guys. I think we are going to trade up at 16 and trade own at 22. Austin is probably in mind... but we'll have to move in front of the Jets or Bills I'm thinking..

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
To quote Queen Elizabeth I:

Shadows and shadows of shadows

A55VA6

Legend
Apparently Bills are shopping the 8th pick, and trading out out of the AFC East.. the Jets might want Austin at 9. So if the Rams really want Austin, 8 is the pick to go for...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Why trade up at a heavy cost? Who are we fighting to get again? When did we fill all these holes on our 53 roster that we can just trade away picks? I was sure under the impression that we were at our limit in our Cap $$$ so where do you find cheap real cheap labor? Not UFA's ... Its the draft!

Rams needs are many on both sides of the ball. At a bare minimum the Rams need 2 or 3 safeties to bring us up to 4 to 5 safeties, 2 OSLB'ers at least Rams really have just two JL & Dunbar, 2 corners to bring us up to the standard 5 CB's that's 7 on defense alone.

Rams need a big large TE, a every-down RB, Several WR's & a third ORT type ...that's five there so that's 12 players there. So you ROD'ers are wanting to have less picks that's the object ?.....is to have less selections?

I would be highly disappointed with trading up period. Rams one yr ago greatly benefited from a trade down of our first round pick what would Snead & Fisher do with Two trade downs @ #16 and #22 ? I see the goal here to add as many selections as possible in this foundational building program. Please do not forget we are just one year out from where we were a year ago & that was the very bottom that a NFL team. You can trust Snead & Fisher to get good players till the end of the draft! Rams had 10 selections in 2012. Only one late 7th round pick failed to contribute & did not make the team.

Rams draft history is very very poor until last year that curse was broken. In 2011 Rams had 8 picks 3 made the team, in 2010 they had 11 picks only 4 were a hit & in 2009 with 7 selections only one was a hit. Snead & Fisher hit with 9 out of 10. I say trade down and let these guys work their magic once again. I would be just fine with only one very late first rd pick this evening and hoping for 5 picks Friday as a result.

I am not for trading a first round pick this season for a first rounder in 2014 either...Sam is now on his back side of his contract we need to get him many weapons now not later! Lets not get greedy here with desires of three first round picks in 2014. Sam need help YESTERDAY!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:

I agree. That's the feeling I got. We are going to try to move up from 16 and down from 22.

If we trade up as high as 8.

I hope we have a trade partner in place when we move to 8 to trade down from 22 to regain the picks.

If not it could be an ugly draft.