SB Key? Running from shotgun.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Oh how I'd love to see the Rams run a couple surprise I formation plays against this Bengal offensive line. Stafford under center, Shelton as FB, Big Blanton at TE and Michel attacking the middle. :censored:
Myself, I would like to see McVay do a surprise play on 3rd and short. Put Cam or Sony 7 yards deep in the "I" with Blanton at FB. Ala John Robinson and ED.
I like gogoat's version better

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everyone run blitzes on early downs, first off. It's usually a check or series of them that relate to formation/down/distance and nowadays probably statistics as well (gameplanned for that opponent obviously). We did a ton of that vs the 9ers for example and I'm willing to bet more than Cincy did in any of their games.

But specific to running the ball in shotgun I will say you need some things to really make it work. First you need a back who is comfortable with that type of handoff. Some backs need to be deeper with the field of vision and/or aren't comfortable with that type of handoff in terms of maximizing what they can do. Secondly it's more potent if the RB is a great pass blocker, and this is magnified even more if you delay the handoff which forces the defense to play their pass call. This is why I keep saying we should run draws with Michel because everyone knows he's a fucking tank in pass pro. Then of course you need good OL or there won't be any room to run but that sort of goes without saying.

One other thing is both the Bengals and Rams are deceitful in what they do, in terms of how it is presented to the defense. McVay's illusion of complexity line applies here. So I don't think running a ton of run blitzes is wise vs either of these offenses. And when you add on top of that the fact that both these teams prefer to throw the ball, well, I feel like the run blitz option is only gonna be useful in those obvious situations.
Really appreciate the breakdown.

I’m confident in Akers in pass pro, too.. but I do want to see both.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Also want to attack the whole field with the run so lets see Jefferson on jet sweeps. Left and right.

Or, if Jefferson is banged up isn't the PR also WR? If so, let him runs a few JS's as he seems quite decisive and elusive.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Also want to attack the whole field with the run so lets see Jefferson on jet sweeps. Left and right.

Or, if Jefferson is banged up isn't the PR also WR? If so, let him runs a few JS's as he seems quite decisive and elusive.

Let's not clamor for something crazy. Do what works. The Matthew Stafford/Cooper Kupp show w/ OBJ and Cam/Sony mixed in.