GAME DAY SaNF - Lions at Cowboys Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
That aggressive caveman shit was bound to catch up to his dumb ass. We know you're tough Campbell, but that was historically idiotic.
Think about it. The Lions had nothing to lose. They have locked up the Division. No guarantee they win in ot. Why not go for it. I might have rethought it after the penalty, but still. Not much to lose in the big picture. Worst thing to happen is they play Dallas again but at home.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Campbell isn't going to put his team thru a grueling 5 quarters this late in the season. He's going to win or lose in regulation which I think is better for the Lions in the long run. That's why he was still going for the win from the 7 yard line.
Again, someone needs to look up the odds of converting 4th and goal from the 7 yard line.
Overtime is only 10 minutes at most now in the regular season, and most of the time it doesn't last that long. Bad argument for an even worse decision.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I doubt the Lions win in OT. Think their instincts on winning it there were good. Just sad that the refs had to fuck it away.

The NFL has an agenda. That said it happening not to my team means I can laugh about it instead of being all incensed.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Campbell knows his team and told them they were going for it. Everyone of course will have an opinion on it. Good decision. They had the ball and controlled their own fate.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It seems like I remember that the referees used to audibly call out the eligible players on the field.
Probably to prevent these kind of mistakes
They still do that, Referee Brad Allen called out #70 as eligible not Decker #68. That was done and why I don't understand why it is being debated.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
NFL Network are about to discuss last night’s ending. That should clarify the official line.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Think about it. The Lions had nothing to lose. They have locked up the Division. No guarantee they win in ot. Why not go for it. I might have rethought it after the penalty, but still. Not much to lose in the big picture. Worst thing to happen is they play Dallas again but at home.
Don't agree, simple as that. They had plenty to play for. Too many games left to be played too assume where teams are going to end up seeding wise

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I have said this before many times and I will say it again.

I mostly blame Blythe for Goffs struggles in 2020. Can't tell you how many times where I would replay the game and Blythe's pass protection was absolutely putrid in certain games.

The Jets and Seattle game was the worst by Blythe.

Goff would have open players and tried to throw to them and he would get hit right when he was passing due to Blythe's mess ups.

Last year we saw Stafford have an absolute terrible year due to a horrible OL.

Well 2020 was mostly caused by one player and that player was Blythe.

Why do you think he wasn't even offered to come back the next year.

And in the playoff game to Green Bay, it was even worse because you had Blythe and Evans next to each other and it got ridiculous how bad it got on 3rd and longer than 5 yards how bad their protection was.
QB gets blamed for everything. An example, The butt fumble. Sanchez has taken serious shit over this, but what was the OLman doing pushed all the way into the back field?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Damn that sucks."
~ Brad Allen, cruising around Dallas in a new Lamborgini.

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Don't agree, simple as that. They had plenty to play for. Too many games left to be played too assume where teams are going to end up seeding wise
fair enough, I am just giving you a reason why . Not sure it's his thinking, but if it is I think it is a valid line of thinking. Limit your players exposer to injury and end the game. They dont need the game and niners and eagles aren't going to lose 2 in a row.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
FB_IMG_1704042393759.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They still do that, Referee Brad Allen called out #70 as eligible not Decker #68. That was done and why I don't understand why it is being debated.
Except that they showed Decker going to the refs. Why would he be talking to the refs before that play if not to inform them. What I didn't see and maybe I missed it was the refs announcing anyone as eligible. Did you actually see him do that?

Ellard80

Legend
thats not really what he said in his report though... he said 68 did not report as eligible.

But 68 said in the post conference that he did (and on the video you see him apporaching the ref)

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Why would he be talking to the refs before that play if not to inform them.
It's said, and I have no way of knowing what was said...there seems to be conflicting points... but the intent was, i think, to confuse the defense by sending two guys to ref so they wouldn't know who was eligible. Does not make sense because it has to be announced.

To answer your question it was supposed to be some sort of subterfuge.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Dean Blandino
@DeanBlandino

·
55m
Sewell and Skipper don’t have to report, Decker does. All three went to the Referee in what felt like an attempt to disguise who was really eligible. Ultimately player has responsibility to report and Referee has responsibility to announce it and alert the defense.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I can't remember hearing that, (eligible receiver) call on the field from the refs in a while.