GAME DAY SaNF - Lions at Cowboys Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Review of the video clearly shows Decker reporting to the ref who then claimed he didn't report, i.e. a bald face lie.

What more evidence do you need that the NFL is a cheat. This is institutionalized cheating.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Review of the video clearly shows Decker reporting to the ref who then claimed he didn't report, i.e. a bald face lie.

What more evidence do you need that the NFL is a cheat. This is institutionalized cheating.
That Labron’s foot was behind the line.You don’t have to pretend you didn’t hear it.You can see it,but NY has somebody eating a ham sandwich.

Tano

Legend
I have said this before many times and I will say it again.

I mostly blame Blythe for Goffs struggles in 2020. Can't tell you how many times where I would replay the game and Blythe's pass protection was absolutely putrid in certain games.

The Jets and Seattle game was the worst by Blythe.

Goff would have open players and tried to throw to them and he would get hit right when he was passing due to Blythe's mess ups.

Last year we saw Stafford have an absolute terrible year due to a horrible OL.

Well 2020 was mostly caused by one player and that player was Blythe.

Why do you think he wasn't even offered to come back the next year.

And in the playoff game to Green Bay, it was even worse because you had Blythe and Evans next to each other and it got ridiculous how bad it got on 3rd and longer than 5 yards how bad their protection was.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
On the 2 point try 3 OL approach the Official. What was said is not clear. Official then announces 70 reported eligible. So he got it wrong and no one on the Lions corrected him. Dallas is told 70 is an eligible receiver. The whole thing was clearly designed to confuse the boys but it also confused the official. If he had gotten it right and announced 68 as eligible does the play even work then since now the boys know he's a potential receiver?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

Horrible call.

Doesn’t prove “institutionalized” anything.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Brad Allen’s crew has supposedly been under scrutiny by the league late this season. His crew is the same one that botched the Packers vs Chiefs game. Hmm.

Is someone going rogue and padding their retirement account, with funds from Vegas?

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Oh if only I was king for a day in the NFL... I would:

:helmet: Hire a 2024 "class" of refs that would be full time employees of the NFL. Their first season would be 2026 and the "class" would include a much larger group than what I would need to fill out a full set of refs for the league. This gives me two full years to get these bastards up to speed. That process would include VR and quick video judgments with precedence put on recognition skills in real time, and trimming the shitters as you go forward to 2026.

:helmet: Get rid of the NY hotline. Refs would be stand alone bosses for their games like fucking captains at sea.

:helmet: Get rid of replays as we know them and challenges. Refs would have a replay ipad juiced with all the vid angles if they choose to refer to it at any point. They would also be able to signal commercial to cover their six on something that is particularly vexing.

:helmet: Because coaches are whiny bitches the refs would have the power and would be told to boot those fuckers from games when they get too froggy as this system gets implemented.

:helmet: Teams would be told that yes fans are going to cry but over time this should work once we build a stable set of refs. And the bottom feeding 20% shitter refs would be fired every season. This ensures the next class coming in fills those jobs and competition ensues among the refs to achieve accuracy and speed of the game.

:helmet: Priority in postgame ref grading would be placed mostly on accuracy of calls but also on how many stoppages they required to do their fucking job. Speed of the game and impacting the crowd as little as possible through interruptions to unfuck themselves is the goal too.

I would of course be fired shortly thereafter. I mean it was only for a day. But maybe it would give them something to think about. Someone has to take a stand among all these sports being fucking ruined by replay and chasing of perfection. Some errors should be accepted for the good of the product.
where is the NFL going to get the money to use this system? we know the NFL is cash strapped. I would love anything like this implemented. however, remember the owners state that it's just entertainment. so........

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I missed this game due to a commitment, but watching the analysis post game this appears a BAD call.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I missed this game due to a commitment, but watching the analysis post game this appears a BAD call.
The official did not say #68 was eligible, so if he did report, the Lions should have called a timeout when he did not include Decker as being eligible.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's an obvious lie. He just doesn't want to admit he fucked up and mixed up the #s
How do you know that? Again, Allen said #70 was eligible. Not 68. Even if 68 did report that statement before the play should have made the Lions call timeout and get it right.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

IT DOES NOT MATTER! The Official said "Number 70 is Eligible." That is all that matters!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They didn't have any timeouts left
That is true, but again, they should have made sure the name was called. They do that so the other team knows, not saying his name, makes him not eligible. It really is that simple.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I agree with going for two from the two yard line. It's aggressive, but I like it.

But after the penalty? What are the odds of converting 4th and goal from the 7 yard line? Can someone look up those stats?

I'd be willing to bet it's far less than 50% odds of making it.
The third attempt at a two point conversion was ridiculous.
Beat the damn cowgirls in overtime

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
That is true, but again, they should have made sure the name was called. They do that so the other team knows, not saying his name, makes him not eligible. It really is that simple.
It seems like I remember that the referees used to audibly call out the eligible players on the field.
Probably to prevent these kind of mistakes

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
The third attempt at a two point conversion was ridiculous.
Beat the damn cowgirls in overtime
Campbell isn't going to put his team thru a grueling 5 quarters this late in the season. He's going to win or lose in regulation which I think is better for the Lions in the long run. That's why he was still going for the win from the 7 yard line.