GAME DAY SaNF - Lions at Cowboys Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
They still do that, Referee Brad Allen called out #70 as eligible not Decker #68. That was done and why I don't understand why it is being debated.
Because he's the one who fucked up. Not decker, not #70, and not the lions. He did. He put them in a no win situation because he wasn't paying attention and instead of owning up to it...he lied about it. I don't see how this is even debatable. The ref fucked up and lied.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
FB_IMG_1704042393759.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man I am seriously fighting these conspiracy theories about the NFL and controlling the game.

This does not help.

Jimmy Jones night is Mrs Swadudes thought and now I can not disagree.

Along I think the NFL wants a Rams/Ravens Super Bowl.

Which I can not disagree.

The replays are pretty damning.

How in the hell does 70 declare clearly with the ref walking away and not looking at him.

Damn egregious.

I think based on the bullshit, it’s gonna be a Ravens Cowboys Super Bowl with the Ravens winning.

I thought it’d be Ravens SF, but the refs have been trying to bolster the Cowboys this year countless times and more than usual late

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also there is video and audio of Decker reporting

Moreover, Dan Campbell actually talked to the refs BEFORE the game, walked them through the play including who the eligible player would be to ensure it was legit.

So Campbell and the Lions get the play “pre-approved”, do it correctly during the game and STILL get fucked.

Why does it matter for us?

Because when we beat the 9ers, the Lions would have the 1seed and the 9ers wouldn’t have the bye week.

But because it’s the NFL, fuckups stand and the refs are untouchable, this “the NFL guides narratives” thing will only gather momentum

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Long as it isn't SF I am happy.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I think based on the bullshit, it’s gonna be a Ravens Cowboys Super Bowl with the Ravens winning.

I thought it’d be Ravens SF, but the refs have been trying to bolster the Cowboys this year countless times and more than usual late
Yeah--remember even our game in Dallas unraveled early after a couple referee specials.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Also don't forget the refs gifted the Cowboys their playoff win over Detroit back in 2014.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Before the play, the ref told the defense that #70 was an eligible receiver. Would the Cowboys have guarded #68 if they knew he was eligible? Hard to know.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'll bet this offseason they do away with the reporting requirement altogether. It is senseless anyway. Defenses can tell by the alignment who is eligible and who is not.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I have a simple low tech solution that takes the ref out of it. Have any player who's normally not eligible have to don a red vest like the crossing guards use to indicate they are eligible on a given play. Simple. No new rule needed. No vest, no eligible status buddy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah--remember even our game in Dallas unraveled early after a couple referee specials.

That first drive was horrendous. Two or three appalling calls to keep the drive going. Then they scored so easily. After the pick 6 I turned the game off. We all knew where it was going.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
They still do that, Referee Brad Allen called out #70 as eligible not Decker #68. That was done and why I don't understand why it is being debated.
Apparently they don’t do it on extra point attempts, that what the talking heads were saying yesterday. I believe the ref walks over to the defense and tells them which player is declared eligible, but I guess the offense didn’t hear that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Before the play, the ref told the defense that #70 was an eligible receiver. Would the Cowboys have guarded #68 if they knew he was eligible? Hard to know.

The problem is that without any Timeouts, the Lions could not correct him.

What he should have done is acknowledge his fuck up and called it a dead play and replayed the down.

I mean the fuckup happened (presuming it wasn’t on purpose), so that was the answer, but instead, he refused to admit his error and screwed the Lions